The Royal Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maxwell now looking for a retrail after one of the jury admitted in a TV interview that they'd been sexually abused as a child and used this experince to influence other jurors in reaching their verdict.

I saw that, I don't really undertand that defence.

I thought it was more about they lied on the forms, by not admitting their past histories. I don't think people who have experienced sexual assault are barred from being jurors are they? at least thats what was said on the radio last week.

Well in a jury trial you need the jury to be impartial so they aren't supposed to know anything about the people involved or the case before it starts and you obviously want people who can be impartial. If you've suffered sexual abuse you're likely to side with the victim rather than the accussed as you can relate to them.

As for the juror they could be in trouble if they lied during the interviews in the selection process they could be charged with purjory and risk going to prison. If it was disclosed or not discussed then the juror is fine and there's probably no grounds for a retrail.

If they did lie or withold information then there's a probably a strong enough case for a retrail especially as the juror has claimed he used his experience to help other jurors come to their decisions. They are only supposed to discuss the evidence provided in the court room to come to their conclusion.

It sounds like being on a jury sucks.

I am a Royalist but they are not beyond criticism. The War Criminal Blair being knighted is a disgrace

So Prince Andrew settles out of court with Virginia Guiffre

He doesn't have to admit to guilt and no doubt he'll be paying a huge financial penalty to keep it out of court.

As with all these things paying for it to go away does make you look guilty.

If you want to see an expert take down of the whole Harry and Mehgan thing watch the latest episode of South Park.

Send him the invoice for Saturday and see if he feels all that is still necessary.

Worrying as well the want protestors were dealt with by the police arresting for starting chants on grounds of public safety. Might scare the horses was one reason, horses that are trained not to react to gun and cannon fire during parades.

Britain is Great. Our Monarchy makes Britain Great.
The Monarchy is the very essence of being British. It is more than an institution, it is an identity, it is who we are. It's the Magna Carta, the Palace of Westminster, Balmoral, the Battle of Waterloo. It's Austin, Dickens, Shakespeare, The Beatles. It's crushing the Nazi's, its Churchill and the Blitz spirit.
It's Royal Ascot, the Chelsea Flower Show, Cricket at Lords, Tennis at Wimbledon.
Nothing and nobody symbolised what it means to be British better than Queen Elizabeth II and King Charles III will shall proceed with duty, dignity, stoicism and pride and maintain good British values.

In regards to protesters, like many in Britain I am sick of them and the country has gone somewhat soft in regards to this Right to Protest. We now have on one side hoards of middle class (supposedly educated) cretins running around being wholly disruptive wherever and at whatever event they feel like and are often guilty of deliberate and unprovoked vandalism and largely go unpunished. Then on the other side we have the stupid, vulgar, ill mannered and insensitive cretins who's mental development seemingly stalled the minute they were born, shouting obscenities and throwing eggs at people, lining streets to heckle because they have little better to do. They are fuckwits, each and everyone of them.

And now we have Adjoa Andoh making statements on ITV during coverage of the Coronation day saying the Buckingham Palace balcony is "terribly white". FF Sake
Far too many people just need something to complain and rebel against. Britain is Great. That's it!

Britain is far from great. It's broken.

The protestors are just idiots who have got nothing better to do with their time. Most of them probably don’t even know why they are there - they are just there to complain and bitch about something that they probably have very little education on. It was a historic day for Britain and even if you don’t like the monarchy, then respect what it represents to millions across the country. I guess you will always have a small minority of idiots that like to act holier than thou.

Don’t even get me started on those just stop oil protestors holding up roads. The entitled scroats of society.

The problem with the coronation is it's an absurd show of wealth at a time where 14.7 million people can't afford to eat.

Times have changed and Britain indeed has a great history but having a family being paid to rule over us by virtue of their birth is nonsense that belongs to be put into history.

These people are not selected by god they are selected by birth and events like Saturday to me make little sense in a modern society.

They don’t really exert and power or control over the country anymore the prime minister is the one calling the shots and making decisions on behalf of the people so why do we need a royal family?

On top of that you have the prince Andrew situation a man who’s being protected from facing questioning due to his title and the fact his family can pay to silence the victim. Where did that hush money come from?

The problem with the coronation is it's an absurd show of wealth at a time where 14.7 million people can't afford to eat.
No, it is not absurd. You cannot just stop all form of celebration. During your recent birthday you went out on the lash and got so blind drunk you could hardly remember anything the next day. You weren't thinking about the hungry then!
Maybe we shouldn't have birthday cake, mince pies at Christmas, or presents. Maybe all countries around the world should never have had such lavish pyrotechnic displays at new year. Maybe we should all cancel our Netflix and gym subscriptions. Maybe we should cancel all forms of unnecessary celebration or entertainment.
We can all contribute to easing the problem you refer to, I do as do many. Your suggestion that Great Britain should not have such spectacle and celebration for the historic event of crowning a new monarch for the first time in 70 years is ridiculous. It was, and is important to millions on these shores and abroad and many indeed travelled to these shores to witness it.
Unbelievable that we have such killjoys who wish to deny millions their bit of pleasure from our bit of pomp and circumstance!

Times have changed and Britain indeed has a great history but having a family being paid to rule over us by virtue of their birth is nonsense that belongs to be put into history.

These people are not selected by god they are selected by birth and events like Saturday to me make little sense in a modern society.

They don’t really exert and power or control over the country anymore the prime minister is the one calling the shots and making decisions on behalf of the people so why do we need a royal family?

On top of that you have the prince Andrew situation a man who’s being protected from facing questioning due to his title and the fact his family can pay to silence the victim. Where did that hush money come from?
Oh, the old Andrew argument, how very dull. The Royals are a family, every family has it's problems, every family has it's rogue members.
Yes, times have changed but that doesn't mean it is wrong to protect tradition.

Oh, the old Andrew argument, how very dull. The Royals are a family, every family has it's problems, every family has it's rogue members.

There’s a big difference between a rogue family member and a sex offender that we as a nation have kept out of the courts. I bet had my relative done what he did he’d have been hauled in front of the courts.

What about the 180m that parade cost the tax payer this weekend?

The fact he inherits his families personal wealth without paying any inheritance tax? The property I can understand as it kind of doesn’t belong to them but the actual family money should be subject to the same taxes we all pay.

Should the first born child inherit the role regardless of their fitness for the role?

Are these traditions really fit for purpose?

'A problem' a peadophiloc rapist is more than a normal family problem.

No, it is not absurd. You cannot just stop all form of celebration. During your recent birthday you went out on the lash and got so blind drunk you could hardly remember anything the next day. You weren't thinking about the hungry then!

Yeah I done about £1800 over 4 days celebrating my birthday. A vast difference to the amount of money spent for the coronation to put on a show to the world that everything is great when it is far from it. Another massive difference from the royals is it's money I earned.

But you'll keep your head in the sand vote Tory and support the royals.

It is completely absurd to spend that amount of money whilst ignoring the homelessness and hunger problems we have in this country. But again. Head meet sand.

'A problem' a peadophiloc rapist is more than a normal family problem.
As a moderator on this forum you would be well advised to delete your post or consider consultation with your lawyer in the morning.

An MP has made a very good point in recent times and I would relate it especially to those of you who opposed Brexit.
You would happy have served the European Union under Queen Ursula, another unelected head of state. Yet choose to chastise our own Monarchy.

An MP has made a very good point in recent times and I would relate it especially to those of you who opposed Brexit.
You would happy have served the European Union under Queen Ursula, another unelected head of state. Yet choose to chastise our own Monarchy.

Was she born to reign over us and put in charge when her parents died? No didn’t think so comparing the two is ridiculous.

She is also elected by the European Parliament which is made up of MEPs that are voted into office and faces elections every 5 years.

Was that some feckwit Tory knob? Like that Tory knob who said all Republicans should leave the country?

As a moderator on this forum you would be well advised to delete your post or consider consultation with your lawyer in the morning.

He made a payoff. Whilst the details of the payoff remain disclosed the fact there is a netflix series which calls him the same means I'm fairly safe from any legal recourse.

I am with you 100% mate I swore the Oath the Royal Family isnt perfect but what institution is

God save the King

I am with you 100% mate I swore the Oath the Royal Family isnt perfect but what institution is

God save the King
Aye, I bet none of them cretin protesters never done f*** all for this country.
Good on ye Saps

God save the King

You swore an oath. Something we've never had to do. This isn't America and their constitution. Get a grip of yourself ffs. Embarrassing.

Also your oath means nothing. They're here to serve us (which they don't) not the other way around.

You swore an oath. Something we've never had to do. This isn't America and their constitution. Get a grip of yourself ffs. Embarrassing.

Also your own means nothing. They're here to serve us (which they don't) not the other way around.
Who is 'we' by the way I swore an oath as a member of the armed forces I am critical of some aspects of the Royal family and dont easily doff the cap You talk about embarrassing just look at yourself you practically slandered a certain Royal on here ( Innocent until proved guilty doesn't resonate with you ) You are a Moderator and an absolute disgrace total left wing bias

I've no opinion on the royal family beyond the Queen.

But come on, "a certain royal" innocent until proven guilty. Do me a favour. Any other family he'd be in prison by now

Also your own means nothing. They're here to serve us (which they don't) not the other way around.
Are you truly not aware that British military personnel swear an oath of allegiance to the monarch? o_O

Who is 'we' by the way I swore an oath as a member of the armed forces I am critical of some aspects of the Royal family and dont easily doff the cap You talk about embarrassing just look at yourself you practically slandered a certain Royal on here ( Innocent until proved guilty doesn't resonate with you ) You are a Moderator and an absolute disgrace total left wing bias

It isn't slander. He settled on the lawsuit which means it's entirely acceptable legally to say what I've said. So please stop the slander nonsense.

Being a moderator has no bearing on which way I vote or my opinions on the royals. Let's not be silly here.

As for taking an oath. If you want to protect and swear an oath to a protector of peadophiles. Fair enough. But it isn't for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back