The FA Cup Final 2023: Manchester United Vs Manchester City - Saturday 3rd June 15.00 KO

Sideshow Bob

First ever Manchester Derby in an FA Cup final. The build up is going to be immense. Is the Champions League before or after the FA Cup? If this the game that will stop City winning the treble…

It’s before.

FA Cup Final Saturday 3rd June
Champions League Final Saturday 10th June

Get f...... intae them
I guess it is important from this point to be working on trying to get our best team fit for the final and that will likely be evident on some team choices and subs in the remainder of our EPL games.

I think one thing for sure is that we cannot play a three or Casemiro, Bruno and Eriksen because we will be ripped to shreds. One of Fred and McT will have to play this.

To me it's pretty simple if City turn up on the day in their best form they'll probably win the game pretty comfortably they're a much better side than us.

What we need to make sure if we are at our absolute best as well so if City are a bit off it we can pounce. City do have off days it kind of happened at Old Trafford where a couple of things went our way in a spell and we were able to close the game out without to many dramas.

Then the answer to stop the treble is get some injured for the CL final :D

This is the day and time when an FA Cup final should take place. There is no other way to do it!

If you ask me this will be our biggest game against English opposition since 2008. It's a biggy.

This game is massive, the biggest we have played in years. The thread deserves to start now rather than comments being scattered through other threads.
The game will likely be a humdinger and I am backing us to win it. I envisage Rashford putting the top hat on his season. Get intae them!

I'm on holiday for the game which isn't ideal as the City fans don't hide themselves anymore in the way they used to, so bound be to loads of them wherever I go to watch it.

For me if City turn up and are at their best we've got no real chance but if they have an off day we've got to be ready to cash in.

Hopefully no new injuries for us before the game can see us trying something similar to the home game with Fred in the midfield alongside Casemiro to try and disrupt the supply to Haaland.

I think I want to avoid it at all costs.

You're fooling no one, you'll be sat in front of the TV in your United pj's drinking extra-strong Coffee in your over-sized United mug from 08:30 constantly switching between ITV and BBC watching the players take a gentle stroll around London, ex-players interviews, and so on, then when the helicopter follows the team bus to Wembley you'll passionately go through the United songbook to the annoyance of everybody unfortunate enough to be in the vicinity, hum along to Abide with Me because you only know a few words, then pick your miniature Dog up and take him/her for walkies and conveniently leave your mobile at home ....

I'm on holiday for the game which isn't ideal as the City fans don't hide themselves anymore in the way they used to, so bound be to loads of them wherever I go to watch it.

Well if you will go to Stockport for your jollies ....

Get your excuses ready early lads for when United derail City's season -

Haaland, De Bruyne and Gundogan didn't look remotely fit to me, we wouldn't have won if they'd been fully fit, never in a million years ....
The Ref was obviously a United fan he didn't give City anything, he spoiled the game ....
Not surprising really as the City players minds were obviously on the Champions League final ....
United paid the groundsman to leave the grass long to hamper their far-superior passing skills, have we really fallen this low ....

You're fooling no one, you'll be sat in front of the TV in your United pj's drinking extra-strong Coffee in your over-sized United mug from 08:30 constantly switching between ITV and BBC watching the players take a gentle stroll around London, ex-players interviews, and so on, then when the helicopter follows the team bus to Wembley you'll passionately go through the United songbook to the annoyance of everybody unfortunate enough to be in the vicinity, hum along to Abide with Me because you only know a few words, then pick your miniature Dog up and take him/her for walkies and conveniently leave your mobile at home ....
If only I owned a dog

For me if City turn up and are at their best we've got no real chance but if they have an off day we've got to be ready to cash in.

Hopefully no new injuries for us before the game can see us trying something similar to the home game with Fred in the midfield alongside Casemiro to try and disrupt the supply to Haaland.
It's up to us to give them an off day. We can do it! we need to get up and at them, not be sitting back trying to soak them up.

I wasn't after your job by the way ;) just thought this one deserved an early start, I'm excited about it now.

this is way to early for this thread
No it isn't! why is everyone so negative about this. Imagine at start of season you were told we would finish 3rd/4th at worst, win the League Cup and will play City in the final of the FA Cup. We would have been buzzin.
This is a massive game and the thread deserves an early start, my butterflies have started early so that's justification for it.
I bet Big Erik has started the master plan early for it!

Anyho, back to the footie, Antiques Roadshow and All Our Yesterdays can wait ....

Providing everybody is fit this is the team I think we should go with:

De Gea
AWB Lindelof Shaw Malacia
McTom Casemiro(Cpt.) Fred
Antony Martial Rashford

Butland
Dalot
Maguire
Varane
Eriksen
Bruno
Weghorst
Garnacho
Pellistri/Sancho/Elanga
Control the midfield from the off we can win the game, and we'd have enough game-changers on the bench if we don't, 50/50 game for me, none of this let's hope we can keep the score down bullshit ....

If you ask me this will be our biggest game against English opposition since 2008. It's a biggy.

Hang on EtHagAmy, if you knew about this thread why did you feel the need to create a new thread about the Final, and don't say you forgot about this one, not buying that ....

Is it because of some beef with @Sideshow Bob in a former life?

Hang on EtHagAmy, if you knew about this thread why did you feel the need to create a new thread about the Final, and don't say you forgot about this one, not buying that ....

Is it because of some beef with @Sideshow Bob in a former life?
Oops, apologiesI had indeed forgot. Maybe someone should delete the thread I started!!

And yes, it all began when we played in the Trinidad & Tobago Brass Band together…….. but I don’t like to talk about it.

Oops, apologiesI had indeed forgot. Maybe someone should delete the thread I started!!

And yes, it all began when we played in the Trinidad & Tobago Brass Band together…….. but I don’t like to talk about it.

Just ask the boss man to merge 'em

Looking forward to read all about it in your first autobiography, hopefully i'm still around when it's in the £0.99 or less bucket ;)

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back