The Departure Lounge Summer 2022

Watched Chong closely yesterday and he was awful....nothing positive with this guy at all. No pace, no skill, poor shooting and sloppy with his passes....and apparently Quinton Fortune thinks he's amazing....what am I missing with this guy?

Watched Chong closely yesterday and he was awful....nothing positive with this guy at all. No pace, no skill, poor shooting and sloppy with his passes....and apparently Quinton Fortune thinks he's amazing....what am I missing with this guy?
You have no problem, the kid is very bad.
He miss everything he try.
Should be sold.

Had terrible luck last season out on loan started really well with Birmingham then a few games in got injured and missed months of football. He’s a nice dribbler with good balance.

Needs a move just hasn’t played enough first team football at this stage of his career.

Looks like he’s outgrown U23 football but not ready for first team football maybe needs to look at what Junazaj did and move to another league for a mid table side and rebuild your reputation.

Contract is up next summer so guessing Utd will be willing to sell him cheap.

Yeah I'm not sure what Fortune is seeing there to be honest. He lost control of the ball on numerous occasions. He gave the ball away a lot. He had one tame effort, another that was blocked and was obviously going to be blocked from way before he took the shot. He didn't really go passed people. He didn't create space or openings. I thought he was one of the worst players I can remember seeing in a long time to be honest.

He's a talented lad but he looked as though he'd been told before the game this was almost certainly the last chance he'd get at United, and the harder he tried the worse he became, it happens.

Should offer him to Birmingham in a swap deal for Jobe Bellingham.

Telles to Sevilla on loan pretty much done according to reports in spain.

Can't understand that, surely we can find a club to pay £8/10m for a current Brazilian International.

One place is saying loan others saying it might be a permanent move like you say you'd hope we could get a reasonable fee in form him.

Brazil must be struggling if he's making their squad as he is a very average full back.

One place is saying loan others saying it might be a permanent move like you say you'd hope we could get a reasonable fee in form him.

Brazil must be struggling if he's making their squad as he is a very average full back.

Just because he's not suited to Premier League football doesn't make him an average full-back, he's far from it.

Just because he's not suited to Premier League football doesn't make him an average full-back, he's far from it.
Disagree on this one. Basic defending is the same in any league and he is sadly lacking in the defensive department. Can be good going forward and has a great left foot but your bread and butter is defending as a full back and he’s not great.

Disagree on this one. Basic defending is the same in any league and he is sadly lacking in the defensive department. Can be good going forward and has a great left foot but your bread and butter is defending as a full back and he’s not great.

Very few modern day fullbacks/wingback are top notch on both sides of the ball, don't think Telles is any worse defensively than TAA for example.

His defending isn’t up to much, going forward he can’t beat his man, he sticks in an alright cross and has a decent long range shot on him.

He would be a decent full back for a good side that dominates a rubbish league put him in a league as tough as ours and he is way off the standard.

Very few modern day fullbacks/wingback are top notch on both sides of the ball, don't think Telles is any worse defensively than TAA for example.
TAA makes up for it with some brilliant attacking play but he is not great defensively. There is a reason why a defensive manager like Southgate doesn’t really fancy him.

Obviously we all have opinions but for me Telles is bang average.

Telles is average. However I do think defenders can flourish in other leagues.

I'd expect Lindelof to look amazing if he was over in Spain.

The premier League is one of the hardest leagues to make it at as a defender.

TAA makes up for it with some brilliant attacking play but he is not great defensively. There is a reason why a defensive manager like Southgate doesn’t really fancy him.

Obviously we all have opinions but for me Telles is bang average.

It is about opinions, but that bang average(which is a pleasant upgrade on he's shit) fullback is the current Brazilian Manager's first choice to replace Alex Sandro at left-back in the National team over players like Renan Lodi(remember him last season at Old Trafford), and Guilherme Arana.

I don't think Telles is a terrible player just don't think he suits our system an this league.

He looks to me like he's more suited in playing as a wing back.

Doesn't look to me like he's got the engine to get up and down the pitch quickly in a league that's as end to end as the Premier League is La Liga probably will suit him a little better slower build up play less focus on counter attacking should suit his ability.

I don't really care how he plays for Brazil we've seen him for 2 years at Utd and there's not many games I can recall where I've felt he's had a really good game but there's plenty of times I can recall him being caught napping by the wide man and it's cost us goals.

Laird now reported to be going to QPR on loan.

Thought he might stick around this season but seems like both Dalot and AWB will be sticking around much to my disappointment so best he goes and plays.

Laird now reported to be going to QPR on loan.

Thought he might stick around this season but seems like both Dalot and AWB will be sticking around much to my disappointment so best he goes and plays.

In your own time jsp ;)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm surprised, seems decent enough, worth a go at least.

Is ETH a Liverpool fan, has anyone checked :D

I just don't get it. Give him a chance. Why sanction his sale but not the sale of McTominay? Who's awful and we know can't play at the level United need.

I also saw today that Dalot is highly rated by Ten Hag. If that's true then this whole thing is a mess.

They see him train every day probably don’t think he’s good enough yet.

Utd may try to do a deal with a buy back option in it.

They see him train every day probably don’t think he’s good enough yet.

Utd may try to do a deal with a buy back option in it.
They also see Fred, Mctominay and Co in training as well and they probably look amazing but in a real match are dog shite....so training maybe not the best gauge

Garner’s value is probably at its highest right now after a good spell at Forest, so if ETH doesn’t seem him part of his plans then best to cash in now. I think a sale with some sort of buy back option will be the best for everyone.

Personally I think he should at least be given a go ahead of our other options but I don’t see him in training every day.

AWB apparently available for 10m Ten Hag wants him gone.

Bailly could be off on loan Marseilles the latest club linked want a loan with option to buy.

Williams up for sale but no real interest according to reports.

Guessing Amad/Pellistri will go on loan again neither look ready for players who’ve been here for 2 seasons there is little sign of progress.

Don't know what is happening with the lesser-spotted Tuanzebe but he needs a move just to get his career going.

Had him down as a FUC/FEC as a 16 year old as he made the game look so easy, wherever he played, it's such a shame what's happened since, such a waste of so much natural talent. And I can't believe it's all down to injuries though that hasn't helped.

Don't know what is happening with the lesser-spotted Tuanzebe but he needs a move just to get his career going.

Had him down as a FUC/FEC as a 16 year old as he made the game look so easy, wherever he played, it's such a shame what's happened since, such a waste of so much natural talent. And I can't believe it's all down to injuries though that hasn't helped.

Think injury hit him at the wrong time came back from his first Villa loan with spots up for grabs but just couldn’t stay fit. Not being at a stable club hasn’t helped him and the other young players develop. I think we all know that dressing room has been a disaster for a few years seriously lacking in good pro’s to show the kids the way on and off the pitch.

I think he will be gone either on loan or sold late in the window.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Guess the Maguire rumour was nonsense then. Still, it's a player out

Guess the Maguire rumour was nonsense then. Still, it's a player out

Not sure there are 7 CBs currently on the books if both left that leaves Varane, Martinez, Lindelof, Jones and Tuenzebe.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back