The Departure Lounge Summer 2022

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
In the (sort of) post covid world we now live departure lounges all over Europe are expected to get much busier this summer and Man Utd's should be no different.

Kicking off that Fabrizio Romano fella on twitter is saying Utd won't be offering new contracts to Lingard, Mata or Cavani.

There was one soon to be out of contract player not on his list and who knows how reliable he is as a source but it looks like 3 down already and plenty more could follow.

Few journalists reporting today that Matic has told the club he wants to leave this summer.

Hasnt got the legs for this league anymore you can get a decent 30 minutes out of him at the end of matches but it’s time to move on.

Few journalists reporting today that Matic has told the club he wants to leave this summer.

Hasnt got the legs for this league anymore you can get a decent 30 minutes out of him at the end of matches but it’s time to move on.
Good news.

Another player that needs to be moved on that now seemingly wants to be moved on. Good news for United.

Mason Greenwood, yay or nay?

Based on what we know currently 100% nay not cheering a lad who slaps his girlfriend about and does god knows what else to her. I don’t care how talented he is.

Based on what we know currently 100% nay not cheering a lad who slaps his girlfriend about and does god knows what else to her. I don’t care how talented he is.

It's a funny one, if he's not charged, and I don't think he will be, there's no reason he shouldn't play for United again. Would I be comfortable with it, not sure till I saw him wearing the shirt again.

You've not heard the recording then

He should never play football anywhere. But of course he will. Hopefully not at united.

Police are going to ask for my time I have read

It's a funny one, if he's not charged, and I don't think he will be, there's no reason he shouldn't play for United again. Would I be comfortable with it, not sure till I saw him wearing the shirt again.

Why don’t you think he will be?

He's still on bail to the end of April and this can be extended and there is no reporting allowed on the case.

having seen the photos and heard the audio I have no desire to ever see that guy pull on our shirt even if the police/CPS don’t have enough to charge him.

How can he explain the photo’s we saw or the audio we heard? If he comes back at some point he has to explain it and tell his version of events.

Why don’t you think he will be?

He's still on bail to the end of April and this can be extended and there is no reporting allowed on the case.

having seen the photos and heard the audio I have no desire to ever see that guy pull on our shirt even if the police/CPS don’t have enough to charge him.

How can he explain the photo’s we saw or the audio we heard? If he comes back at some point he has to explain it and tell his version of events.

We're on dangerous ground here so it's best we leave it, but the fact she said almost immediately the pictures were for her viewing only will work in Greenwood's favour. Maybe she was advised to say that. I don't know.

We're on dangerous ground here so it's best we leave it, but the fact she said almost immediately the pictures were for her viewing only will work in Greenwood's favour. Maybe she was advised to say that. I don't know.

I don’t believe that helps him from a legal position as the evidence is damning unless under Interview she’s going to claim it was all a big misunderstanding and her phone/social media account was hacked. The police still have a duty to investigate it and I would imagine since his arrest they’ve been able to access his phone and hers to look for evidence.

Reality is we just don’t know what is going on these cases are very complicated and hard to get a conviction on so it may be that the police are taking as much time as possible before deciding which charges to go for in order to get the conviction.

Even if he escapes charges I can’t undo what I saw and heard I want him nowhere near the club unless he is somehow able to clear his name.

Mata did an interview with someone from the Athletic where he said he plans to sit down and talk to Ten Hag.

As much as a nice guy that he is I just can't see a reason to keep him.

From the sound of it the players the club hope to sell this summer are Henderson, Bailly, Jones, Wan Bissaka, Periera and Martial.

That along with the free transfer departures is a hell of a lot of players going out the door in one summer.

It's the new managers call but unless we have Bruno or VDB leaving this summer why do we need a third number 10 even if he'd be kept on significantly reduced wages.

Martial will be coming back :( Seville don't want him.. He's going to be hard to shift.

Honestly can't see anyone taking him off us they might end up keeping him around as backup to Ronaldo and the guy to play the cup/european matches.

Just don't see Utd spending on a striker this summer so he might have to come back and be part of the squad for a season.

Personally I don't see this lad getting it back together when he eventually leaves us he'll probably end up in Turkey.

I cant see Martials future playing at a top club, the guys attitude absolutely stinks and you can imagine he will be the kind of player who ETH doesn't care for and will only have one chance.
Just hope we can get as many out the door as possible to hopefully boost the budget for incomings.

I cant see Martials future playing at a top club, the guys attitude absolutely stinks and you can imagine he will be the kind of player who ETH doesn't care for and will only have one chance.
Just hope we can get as many out the door as possible to hopefully boost the budget for incomings.

Honestly not sure if it's attitude or just fragile confidence whenever he's faced a bit of competition for his spot in the team he seems to fall to pieces.

You just can't rely on a guy who blows hot and cold like that Ole and the club backed him with a big contract and he didn't deliver for them.

My guess is he's on the books until that contract expires in 2024 probably goes out on loan a few times to clubs who are desperate for an extra attacker.

Just think mentally he can't handle that pressure of needing to perform every single week maybe lacks that aggression and ruthless edge needed to survive at the very top.

Martial is such a funny one, got so much talent but just lacks that mentality to really take his talent to the top.

I think he can still do a job for us but he needs to come back absolutely focused and willing to improve all facets of his game.

We markedly don’t win as many penalties without him here. He is so tricky in the box so won plenty of penalties. Bet Bruno would want him back!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

End of an era Granty!

Cavani has done his goodbye interview with the club wasn't really here for us when we needed him this season but we always look a better side when he's in it because he's a great player with a great work ethic on the pitch but for whatever reason this season just hasn't looked bothered.

The Ronaldo signing clearly bothered him as he knew his chances of starting games would be limited he wanted to be the first choice and the main man didn't want to play a backup role.

Genuinely interested to see how the club handle the Pogba one when it's finally official that he's gone.

Brandon Williams is one who Utd are trying to move on according to the papers.

Fee quoted at £10m which seems crazy for a lad who at times struggled to get a game at Norwich last season.

Don't think he's an awful player just isn't Utd standard so probably the right time for him to move somewhere and try to establish himself as a first team player.

Think for his career he needs to make himself a right back rather than a left back.

He's a very attacking player just needs to find a good club that can develop his talents.

Brandon Williams is one who Utd are trying to move on according to the papers.

Fee quoted at £10m which seems crazy for a lad who at times struggled to get a game at Norwich last season.

Don't think he's an awful player just isn't Utd standard so probably the right time for him to move somewhere and try to establish himself as a first team player.

Yeah when he was injured or suspended maybe. Plus he wasn't selected once their fate was sealed(probably at the request of United) but he still managed to play the equivalent of 24 full League matches over the season which is hardly struggling to get a game is it?

Yeah when he was injured or suspended maybe. Plus he wasn't selected once their fate was sealed(probably at the request of United) but he still managed to play the equivalent of 24 full League matches over the season which is hardly struggling to get a game is it?

So he played in 24 of 38 league games around 2/3 of the games.

This was in the worst team in the league and he wasn’t a particular stand out player neither was Gilmour a player many tipped to reach the very top. It was a very strange loan move for a young defender.

Just don’t think this lad is anywhere near the Utd level if someone offers us £10m take it and move on hopefully like many others who leave he goes on to have a decent pro career elsewhere.

Think that's a good deal for us think a few more of these sort of £10m deals will add up and go into the transfer pot as there's also Williams, Tuanzebe and Chong who all came back from loan last season but are unlikely to get opportunities in our first team.

If we could pick up another £20-25m for those 3 that's good.

Think the lads who are more established in the first team setup like Bailly, AWB, Martial or Henderson are going to be harder to move because of their wages think these lads are more likely to go out on loan.

Apparently Fulham want Bailly on a season long loan with option to buy.

Looks like Fulham are in the market for some United rejects!

Apparently Fulham want Bailly on a season long loan with option to buy.

Looks like Fulham are in the market for some United rejects!

Terrible deal for Utd.

He needs to be an obligation to buy as he just needs to go as he isn’t happy.

So he played in 24 of 38 league games around 2/3 of the games.

This was in the worst team in the league and he wasn’t a particular stand out player neither was Gilmour a player many tipped to reach the very top. It was a very strange loan move for a young defender.

Just don’t think this lad is anywhere near the Utd level if someone offers us £10m take it and move on hopefully like many others who leave he goes on to have a decent pro career elsewhere.

24 games is still a lot of games for a kid to play in the Premier League, I wouldn't have expected him to play many more games if he'd played down a level. It just doesn't happen.

And nobody stood out at Norwich so why expect a pup from United to in a struggling side in unfamiliar surroundings.

I hope he moves on, and not because I don't rate him. Least said soonest mended.

Periera apparently wants to stay at Flamengo who've just announced the signing of Arturo Vidal. Issue seems to be that they can't really afford the transfer fee but they do like him.

Henderson has left on loan.

Everything else is still pretty quiet on the departures of players not named Cristiano Ronaldo.

The move for Malacia suggests Telles is likely to be off.

Think with the departures a lot of them will be late in the window moves as just don't think we've got many in demand players right now that clubs will want to get deals done quickly for they'll hope that by waiting Utd panic and drop the prices or accept loans.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back