The Departure Lounge Summer 2022

Sky Sports News reporting that AWB is likely to stay at the club no real interest in him from other clubs.

Bailly looks like a goner did see something suggesting that the option to buy becomes an obligation to buy if he plays a certain number of games and they qualify for the champions league.

Sky Sports News reporting that AWB is likely to stay at the club no real interest in him from other clubs.

Bailly looks like a goner did see something suggesting that the option to buy becomes an obligation to buy if he plays a certain number of games and they qualify for the champions league.

Plenty of clubs will be interested, just not at the price United are currently asking.

Plenty of clubs will be interested, just not at the price United are currently asking.

not sure he’s on 90k a week and most clubs have a better right back than him already and he doesn’t strike me as a player who’s keen to try his luck abroad.

Utd probably need a decent fee for him to buy a replacement.

not sure he’s on 90k a week and most clubs have a better right back than him already and he doesn’t strike me as a player who’s keen to try his luck abroad.

Utd probably need a decent fee for him to buy a replacement.

Seriously doubt he's on £90,000 a week, and in the unlikely event he was he is allowed to accept a lower wage to get game-time elsewhere.

Seriously doubt he's on £90,000 a week, and in the unlikely event he was he is allowed to accept a lower wage to get game-time elsewhere.

Thing is when a club is spending £45m on you then you're going to attract a big wage to go with it, I actually thought he might be on a bit more than that given how mad our wage bill is.

Thing is when a club is spending £45m on you then you're going to attract a big wage to go with it, I actually thought he might be on a bit more than that given how mad our wage bill is.

The lad was halfway out the door at Palace until he was converted to fullback(a year before we signed him) so I doubt he was on more than £10,000 a week at the time we agreed to signed him. Think as bad of the club as you will but there's is no way we'd have offered him more than £40,000 a week for his initial contract, and unless i've missed it we didn't offer him a new one since, apologies if we did.

The lad was halfway out the door at Palace until he was converted to fullback(a year before we signed him) so I doubt he was on more than £10,000 a week at the time we agreed to signed him. Think as bad of the club as you will but there's is no way we'd have offered him more than £40,000 a week for his initial contract, and unless i've missed it we didn't offer him a new one since, apologies if we did.

Yep a very strange story with him filled in during a training session at right back and was brilliant up against Zaha so they ended up chucking him in for games as the right backs were all injured and he took to it like a fish to water.

Pretty sure he signed another contract shortly after he broke into their first team so I'm guessing by the time he left Palace he was earning a proper premier league wage.

He's still on his first contract with us but he was a coveted player signed as a first team starter so he'd have got a contract from us that reflected that.

No one really knows what these players earn but I looked it up online and most places had him around £90k which makes him kind of in the middle of what players earn. Shaw is reported to be on around £150k a week for example.

Yep a very strange story with him filled in during a training session at right back and was brilliant up against Zaha so they ended up chucking him in for games as the right backs were all injured and he took to it like a fish to water.

Pretty sure he signed another contract shortly after he broke into their first team so I'm guessing by the time he left Palace he was earning a proper premier league wage.

He's still on his first contract with us but he was a coveted player signed as a first team starter so he'd have got a contract from us that reflected that.

No one really knows what these players earn but I looked it up online and most places had him around £90k which makes him kind of in the middle of what players earn. Shaw is reported to be on around £150k a week for example.

Memory serves he only got in at RB because Fosu-Mensah who was playing well there couldn't play against his parent club and AWB took his chance and never looked back.

To be honest don't care what he's on, and whether its 50 or 90 grand a week if he wants to play badly enough, and 99.9% of players do he'll gladly take a significant cut in wages to move if he's been told to find himself another club.

Memory serves he only got in at RB because Fosu-Mensah who was playing well there couldn't play against his parent club and AWB took his chance and never looked back.

To be honest don't care what he's on, and whether its 50 or 90 grand a week if he wants to play badly enough, and 99.9% of players do he'll gladly take a significant cut in wages to move if he's been told to find himself another club.

Think it was change in manager that did for Fosu-Mensah he was signed play in a back 3 which was scrapped as soon as De Boer got the bullet. AWB got his chance later that season when they had a big injury crisis and he never looked back saw him against us in his first season at a time when Martial was in good form he didn’t give him a sniff all game.

I‘m guessing he’ll stick it out this season if he isn’t get any games he probably looks to move on next summer when he only has 1 year left on his deal.

I did see something that there’s been a few off field issues that the club haven’t been impressed by he got a driving ban then got caught driving again.

Think it was change in manager that did for Fosu-Mensah he was signed play in a back 3 which was scrapped as soon as De Boer got the bullet. AWB got his chance later that season when they had a big injury crisis and he never looked back saw him against us in his first season at a time when Martial was in good form he didn’t give him a sniff all game.

I‘m guessing he’ll stick it out this season if he isn’t get any games he probably looks to move on next summer when he only has 1 year left on his deal.

I did see something that there’s been a few off field issues that the club haven’t been impressed by he got a driving ban then got caught driving again.

Said elsewhere on the forum it was probably the drink driving stuff that meant he lost his first-team place, than his on-field performances.

Said elsewhere on the forum it was probably the drink driving stuff that meant he lost his first-team place, than his on-field performances.

I'd say a bit of both his form did dip massively last season.

I'd say a bit of both his form did dip massively last season.

He will have had the Mother of all rollickings' from upper-Management for his drink-driving, and rightly so, once is bad enough, but twice in a short period is taking dumb to a different level and that's obviously affected him on the pitch, and he's got nobody to blame but himself.

He will have had the Mother of all rollickings' from upper-Management for his drink-driving, and rightly so, once is bad enough, but twice in a short period is taking dumb to a different level and that's obviously affected him on the pitch, and he's got nobody to blame but himself.

Thought it was drink driving that got him banned then he was caught driving while banned which also means no insurance.

Bailly on his way to Marseille to complete his move according to Sky Sports News.

Tells you everything about the character of the players we’re signing that they’d prefer to hang about and collect their inflated wage than a) fight for their place by living clean and dedicating themselves to the hard work or b) taking a move elsewhere to get playing time.
Contrast this to the amount of mediocre level players we’d sell under Fergie.

Would any of us half our wages to go to a job to do more work?

You'd have to be crazy to do that. If someone is willing to offer you £90k to not do much you'll keep collecting it. They'd love to be in the United starting 11 but they're certainly not going to take less elsewhere. It's on us for giving players ridiculous contracts not the player.

Dunno really, there must come a point where you have enough money. Sounds like most clubs are put off Ronaldo because of his wage demands for example.

If I’m a professional footballer, I probably love playing football. If I’m motivated, I’d rather make less and get to play every week than watch others do my job for me. Or, if I love being at my current club, I’d work my backside off and improve myself so I get to play every week.

Our lot don’t want to do either.

They would all have made lifestyle decisions on the contracts they're on. Probably can't afford to just move on to get lower wages.

You become accustom to what you earn. No one generally can afford to half their wages and for a lot of them this is money to set them up for life not week to week living. You don't give up setting your family for life to earn less money because you want on the pitch.

Crazy talk.

Thought it was drink driving that got him banned then he was caught driving while banned which also means no insurance.

Should have got a custodial sentence for that if true, it's almost a normal rules don't apply to me attitude, if he'd been an average Joe he'd have been locked up or i'd like to think so anyway.

Should have got a custodial sentence for that if true, it's almost a normal rules don't apply to me attitude, if he'd been an average Joe he'd have been locked up or i'd like to think so anyway.

Prisons are full a good lawyer will get you a further driving ban and a suspended sentence.

Players aren't going to take pay cuts and not playing doesn't make you unprofessional.

Your job is to come in and train and be available when the manager calls on you if the manager isn't picking you that's his decision.

You have a very short career if you enjoy your lifestyle and where you live why would you give that up to move somewhere else that you might not enjoy and earn less money.

I don't point the finger at players for their wages the wages they're on are as a result of decisions made by the club I didn't get the impression that Utd players were just sitting on their contracts and being difficult to move on these lads want to play but they're just not being picked.

There's also this idea that every player loves being a footballer which isn't always true some people are just really good at it and do it as a job.

That's exactly my point. We've got too many players who are ok with just showing up for training and not improving or moving on because they're on a good wage and enjoy their life.

As a club, we need to do a better job of identifying players with the right character. Fergie used to do background checks on players, now, we're willing to sign the Rabiots and Arnautovićs of this world because they're cheap and available.

The club has got to start making tough calls on players leaving not just hoarding players which became a big problem In my opinion last season.

Promises were made to convince players to stay that were not kept and it made things toxic hopefully we have learned from that.

Taking loan deals for Bailly, Telles and Henderson along with the free transfer suggests to me they have.

Chong looks to be on his way to Birmingham on a permanent deal.

Doubt we get much for him up front maybe some sell on rights further down the road the lad needs a move and if he had a season there on loan and enjoyed it then it will hopefully work out for him.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back