The Departure Lounge Summer 2022

Pleased for Pereira it's a good move for the lad, think he'll surprise a few this year.

Good luck to him he's been around for so long he was from the same year group as Januzaj at the academy.

The Pre-Season Pirlo as he became known to some scorer of the most outrageously beautiful but ultimately pointless goals you will see.

He had a decent crack at it under Utd when Ole was in charge but ultimately just a bit short of the standard required time to move on and hope it goes well for him.

Pereira deal confirmed signed for Fulham £7m plus £3m of potential add ons.

Good luck to him he gave it a good crack at Utd but just wasn't quite up to the standard.

Finally, finally moving on the 245 year old.

Opera-Snapshot-2022-07-13-201238-weallfollowunited-com.png

Sorry but how can you make an error like that and expect to be taken seriously

Apparently Jones and Bailly are going to follow him
Leaving Lindelof, Maguire and Varane to fight it out as Martinez partner.
He might be shocked at the amount of high balls he's going to have to deal with though

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If we can get a good fee then we should be moving Bailly on. He’s a great defender on his day or an absolute car crash - there isn’t much in between. That kind of sums him as a defender, as well as the injury problems.

I think Bailly is arguably the most Ten Hag style defender. Yes he has his moments but his big issue is injuries. I think behind Varane he's Uniteds most talented CB. Now I say that not fully knowing about Martinez.

Bailly is an absolute car crash waiting to happen every game he doesn't something stupid that either risks getting him sent off or gives the opponent a clear chance at goal. He's a liability. He was a player who needed a lot of coaching when we signed him but injuries robbed him of key years and he just hasn't developed his game enough by playing.

Reports are we are willing to accept 10m for him club are desperate to get him out the door and he needs a move.

Some players i'm just glad to see the back of, but with Bailly i'll be genuinely disappointed if he leaves, it's probably best he does mind, more for him than United though.

I'd just love to see him play a full season, just once, whether at United or somewhere else where everything falls into place for him, because he's got all the tools needed to be one of the very very best in his position.

Some players i'm just glad to see the back of, but with Bailly i'll be genuinely disappointed if he leaves, it's probably best he does mind, more for him than United though.

I'd just love to see him play a full season, just once, whether at United or somewhere else where everything falls into place for him, because he's got all the tools needed to be one of the very very best in his position.

Just can’t see a Utd manager trusting him there’s so much to like about him but you can’t control the madness. Roma could be a great opportunity for him if the rumours are true he needs a fresh start.

He clearly got fed up last season didn’t think he was being treated fairly and I understand that but leaking stuff in the press about your team mates probably wasn’t the way to go about it.

Just can’t see a Utd manager trusting him there’s so much to like about him but you can’t control the madness. Roma could be a great opportunity for him if the rumours are true he needs a fresh start.

He clearly got fed up last season didn’t think he was being treated fairly and I understand that but leaking stuff in the press about your team mates probably wasn’t the way to go about it.

Just think if a Manager sat him down and said providing you stay fit you'll be in the team you'd see less and less of the rash stuff, as most of it is in quieter moments and he probably feels he has to do something to make an impression.

Just think if a Manager sat him down and said providing you stay fit you'll be in the team you'd see less and less of the rash stuff, as most of it is in quieter moments and he probably feels he has to do something to make an impression.

I just can't believe that managers/coaches we've had haven't tried to work on those parts of his game to get that out of him but I think it's just a natural urge he can't control. He sees the ball and throws everything full force into winning it and with VAR you can't really be going into tackles at full speed now as you'll just get sent off. He takes way to many risks as a defender either in a tackle or on the ball looks great when it comes off but when it goes wrong it goes wrong in a big way.

He's 27/28 now he hasn't fulfilled his potential think it's time to just pull the pin on him it's ridiculous he was given a new contract 12/18 months ago but that was the club policy in that era which has hopefully come to an end.

I just can't believe that managers/coaches we've had haven't tried to work on those parts of his game to get that out of him but I think it's just a natural urge he can't control. He sees the ball and throws everything full force into winning it and with VAR you can't really be going into tackles at full speed now as you'll just get sent off. He takes way to many risks as a defender either in a tackle or on the ball looks great when it comes off but when it goes wrong it goes wrong in a big way.

He's 27/28 now he hasn't fulfilled his potential think it's time to just pull the pin on him it's ridiculous he was given a new contract 12/18 months ago but that was the club policy in that era which has hopefully come to an end.

How many times has he been sent-off?

As I said playing for a Manager that trusts him, and away from the media glare at Old Trafford where every single mistake is analysed to death, oft by people who don't have a leg to stand on(yeah because they've been tackled by Bailly said Sid from Sidcup who thought he was funny)when it comes to defensive howlers(Hiya Gary, hiya Spitman), and he can still become the player his natural talent suggests he should be.

How many times has he been sent-off?

As I said playing for a Manager that trusts him, and away from the media glare at Old Trafford where every single mistake is analysed to death, oft by people who don't have a leg to stand on(yeah because they've been tackled by Bailly said Sid from Sidcup who thought he was funny)when it comes to defensive howlers(Hiya Gary, hiya Spitman), and he can still become the player his natural talent suggests he should be.

113 games 18 yellows 3 reds according to the website I found

113 games in 6 seasons is another problem played under 3 managers and none of them really seemed to fancy him.

70 premier league games 2 own goals and 3 pens conceded and 1 red card.

He's great entertainment I love it when he plays as you just have to embrace the madness he'll either be man of the match or he'll be comedy gold but he's not a good defender.

An easier league where the opponents aren't as sharp like Serie A might do him some good like it did for Smalling but he's played 20 league games in the last 3 seasons and in that time he was given a new deal which is bonkers.

AC Milan also showing interest in Bailly according to the gossip pages.

Laird wanted on a season long loan by Watford looks like Dalot/AWB are staying so another loan move makes sense.

113 games 18 yellows 3 reds according to the website I found

113 games in 6 seasons is another problem played under 3 managers and none of them really seemed to fancy him.

70 premier league games 2 own goals and 3 pens conceded and 1 red card.

He's great entertainment I love it when he plays as you just have to embrace the madness he'll either be man of the match or he'll be comedy gold but he's not a good defender.

An easier league where the opponents aren't as sharp like Serie A might do him some good like it did for Smalling but he's played 20 league games in the last 3 seasons and in that time he was given a new deal which is bonkers.

Name and shame, said website should be blacklisted.

In 189 club matches, with 122 of them for United he's been sent off twice, and never at International level in 46 matches.

The yellow cards is close enough, but I wouldn't say getting a yellow every 6½ games is over the top, in fact it's quite impressive considering how he plays and how card happy some of our Refs are.

Mourinho signed him so i'd hazard a guess he fancied him, and at the outset till the injuries kicked-in Ole played him so guess he rated him as well, Ralf who knows, who cares.

Not a good defender!? I'd argue alongside the lesser spotted Phil Jones and Axel Tuanzebe he's the most natural defender at the club.

The new deal was fine on age and potential providing he stayed fit, it's not the clubs fault he didn't.

Name and shame, said website should be blacklisted.

In 189 club matches, with 122 of them for United he's been sent off twice, and never at International level in 46 matches.

The yellow cards is close enough, but I wouldn't say getting a yellow every 6½ games is over the top, in fact it's quite impressive considering how he plays and how card happy some of our Refs are.

Mourinho signed him so i'd hazard a guess he fancied him, and at the outset till the injuries kicked-in Ole played him so guess he rated him as well, Ralf who knows, who cares.

Not a good defender!? I'd argue alongside the lesser spotted Phil Jones and Axel Tuanzebe he's the most natural defender at the club.

The new deal was fine on age and potential providing he stayed fit, it's not the clubs fault he didn't.

Was transfermarkt wasn't sure how they did their stats as it showed as 2 straight reds and another column showed second yellow cards.

The new deal wasn't fine he wasn't happy with playing time Ole promised him more playing time then signed Varane. They clearly weren't honest with him and he got really annoyed last season when Maguire was rushed back from injury to play ahead of him in that game vs Leicester.

Was transfermarkt wasn't sure how they did their stats as it showed as 2 straight reds and another column showed second yellow cards.

The new deal wasn't fine he wasn't happy with playing time Ole promised him more playing time then signed Varane. They clearly weren't honest with him and he got really annoyed last season when Maguire was rushed back from injury to play ahead of him in that game vs Leicester.

Conjecture M'lud

Conjecture M'lud

Makes sense though why sign a new contract if the boss isn't going to offer you a fair crack at starting games which is how it should work with all players but it was blatant that Ole had favourites who played whenever they were fit and the other lads just had to live with it.

He'd have made more money running his deal down and taking a free transfer.

Same thing happened to Henderson, VDB, Lingard, Mata and Cavani I genuinely believe it was the size of the squad and the way he treated it that cost Ole his job last season.

Not saying it was necessarily Ole making these decisions but it was club policy to keep extending contracts and hoard players

Makes sense though why sign a new contract if the boss isn't going to offer you a fair crack at starting games which is how it should work with all players but it was blatant that Ole had favourites who played whenever they were fit and the other lads just had to live with it.

He'd have made more money running his deal down and taking a free transfer.

Same thing happened to Henderson, VDB, Lingard, Mata and Cavani I genuinely believe it was the size of the squad and the way he treated it that cost Ole his job last season.

Not saying it was necessarily Ole making these decisions but it was club policy to keep extending contracts and hoard players

Think far too much was made of that, personally i'd rather have a squad that was too big rather than too small. There were still opportunities for the young lads to come through, and there's no harm preparing for every eventuality with the senior pros hopefully ready to step in at the business end of the season in an emergency.

Think far too much was made of that, personally i'd rather have a squad that was too big rather than too small. There were still opportunities for the young lads to come through, and there's no harm preparing for every eventuality with the senior pros hopefully ready to step in at the business end of the season in an emergency.

A big squad is fine if you manage it properly the problem I felt was Ole had clear favourites who no matter what weren’t going to be dropped. AWB, Shaw, Maguire, Bruno, Rashford and Ronaldo. These guys played every game and very rarely got subbed and in the case of the defenders they were playing horribly. A top manager makes it feel like a level playing field even if it isn’t. Bailly signed that contract as the 3rd choice CB we then sign Varane and he’s bumped to 4th choice and the manager is making it pretty clear that he’s the 4th choice.

The Leicester game for me stood out we rushed Maguire back from injury to play half fit when we had a fully fit Bailly ready to go.

Their became a big group of lads who I felt as early as October were looking at the club thinking there‘s no future for me here I’m off as soon as possible.

A big squad is fine if you manage it properly the problem I felt was Ole had clear favourites who no matter what weren’t going to be dropped. AWB, Shaw, Maguire, Bruno, Rashford and Ronaldo. These guys played every game and very rarely got subbed and in the case of the defenders they were playing horribly. A top manager makes it feel like a level playing field even if it isn’t. Bailly signed that contract as the 3rd choice CB we then sign Varane and he’s bumped to 4th choice and the manager is making it pretty clear that he’s the 4th choice.

The Leicester game for me stood out we rushed Maguire back from injury to play half fit when we had a fully fit Bailly ready to go.

Their became a big group of lads who I felt as early as October were looking at the club thinking there‘s no future for me here I’m off as soon as possible.

The Captain is always gonna play if he's fit, and it was against his former team.

It's best they've left or are leaving then, there's no room for quitters at United. Flakes the lot of 'em.

The Captain is always gonna play if he's fit, and it was against his former team.

It's best they've left or are leaving then, there's no room for quitters at United. Flakes the lot of 'em.

Fully fit half fit he shouldn’t play Ole set him up to fail that day and he never recovered.

I agree if you aren’t 100% committed to this rebuild it is time to leave and Bailly is one of them.

Fully fit half fit he shouldn’t play Ole set him up to fail that day and he never recovered.

I agree if you aren’t 100% committed to this rebuild it is time to leave and Bailly is one of them.

Why the hell would he do that, are you confusing him with Mourinho??

Why the hell would he do that, are you confusing him with Mourinho??

Who knows but chucking a lad who’s half fit in to a game where the opponent is going to press you in front of a crowd that is going to be on you from the first minute to me felt like an odd move.

Maguire his most important defender never recover from that game.

Who knows but chucking a lad who’s half fit in to a game where the opponent is going to press you in front of a crowd that is going to be on you from the first minute to me felt like an odd move.

Maguire his most important defender never recover from that game.

So you think Ole was trying to make his own job harder just to make a point, and to who and why, i'm sorry that just doesn't make sense.

Because he played an half fit Maguire instead of Bailly like @jsp said

That's not an answer to what he said. Bailly doesn't come into it.

So you think Ole was trying to make his own job harder just to make a point, and to who and why, i'm sorry that just doesn't make sense.

No I think his inexperience led to bad decisions that made his job harder and resulted in him being sacked.

I love the guy but he was massively out of his depth at Utd.

No I think his inexperience led to bad decisions that made his job harder and resulted in him being sacked.

I love the guy but he was massively out of his depth at Utd.

You still haven't explained why you think Ole already under pressure would throw Maguire, a guy he'd convinced the club to spend £80m on, then make him Captain, into a game clearly not 100% fit hoping he'd fail.

You still haven't explained why you think Ole already under pressure would throw Maguire, a guy he'd convinced the club to spend £80m on, then make him Captain, into a game clearly not 100% fit hoping he'd fail.

Because Ole’s default was always stick with what you know and Maguire had played half fit numerous times for us and unlike others Maguire is prepared to go out their half fit and give it his best.

I didn’t say he was hoping he’d fail I’m saying he put him in a position where there was a big risk of failure because he didn’t trust Bailly which to bring it full circle makes the decision to give him a new contract baffling.

That day was a huge wobble from Maguire he had a real shocker and he never got his confidence back from it.

Because Ole’s default was always stick with what you know and Maguire had played half fit numerous times for us and unlike others Maguire is prepared to go out their half fit and give it his best.

I didn’t say he was hoping he’d fail I’m saying he put him in a position where there was a big risk of failure because he didn’t trust Bailly which to bring it full circle makes the decision to give him a new contract baffling.

That day was a huge wobble from Maguire he had a real shocker and he never got his confidence back from it.

Ole set him up to fail that day

Laird to Watford on loan sounds like it’s pretty much a done deal.

Alvaro Fernandez has joined Preston on loan for the season played his first game yesterday. Signed a new contract before the loan was agreed.

Thought Laird might stick around for Europa matches but looks like Dalot and AWB are staying now so probably best to get out on loan.

Not sure about going to Watford the way they change managers could be a problem for him.

Fab Romano the tier 1 source/copy and paste BS merchant (you decide) saying.

Alex Telles looks set to leave this summer a few clubs interested but Sevilla seems to be the most likely destination
Amad/Pellistri/Chong all likely to go out on loan again

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back