The Departure Lounge Jan 2022

Keep in mind he wasn't bought in to be a long term manager. What he can do for us afterwards will be more important.
I think that might be the point. Not just his lack of expreience, but also the players know it's temporary. We all remember what happened to united the time Fergie said he was leaving.

Think you can tell a lot about players by how they treat Ragnick if they don't take him seriously then they probably need to go as the attitude is wrong.

The club have a very difficult job now to take the power out of that dressing room and install a figurehead who's clearly in charge currently it feels like the players call all the shots at this club and that is wrong.

Chelsea ~ Roman clearly runs the show
Madrid ~ Perez clearly runs the show
City ~ Pep
Liverpool ~ Klopp

The sides that are kind of bossing it are the ones that have these big figurehead types that can maintain power and control over the players and keep them honest and in line. Utd really need that and it feels like they want Rangnick to be that guy so he should be kind of sounding them out at the moment and really judging them not only on personality but also mentality and the ones who think they are bigger than the club need botting out.

The team always has to come before the individual in a team sport if you aren't willing to be a team player there's the door.

According to reports we're negotiating the sale of Andreas Perriera to Flamengo at the moment... yes he's still under contract at Utd he's been on loan with them for a while now.

Reports suggest Utd want £10m for him currently Flamengo are only offering £7m you'd hope that this is one that can be concluded quickly the player seems happy to remain in Brazil and look to rebuild his reputation from there.

Martial gone on loan.

Newcastle pushing for Lingard on loan and Palace apparently want VDB.

not sure we can afford to lose both but one of them will surely go.

If a centre mid is coming in which seems doubtful then I’d allow both to go.

Newcastle are threatening to move on, we've turned down West Ham and Spurs Jesse loan moves.

We shouldn't loan players to top 4 rivals thats obvious if they want him they can buy at an inflated price.

Newcastle can make threats but they shouldn't expect charity from Utd if they want our player then pay a fair price.

The Grauniad is reporting that Lampard has identified Donny as a priority signing and an agreement has been reached with Everton, who are willing to pay his full wages.

It is up to Donny to choose between Palace and Everton.

Todays events might have changed the clubs plans in terms of loaning out players.

If he’s going he should go to Palace I’d stay well clear of that sh*t show at Everton.

The only issue with Palace is location he’s just had a kid I think so if his wife wants to stay in Manchester he might want to go to Everton as it keeps him closer to home.

I don't see why he's so keen on going if there is a possibility of ten Hag coming. So maybe he's not

But yeah, Greenwood now frees up a spot. I don't see how he can stay at the club, although I guess lingard takes this spot, actually, probably Rashford

I don't see why he's so keen on going if there is a possibility of ten Hag coming. So maybe he's not

But yeah, Greenwood now frees up a spot. I don't see how he can stay at the club
DVB is just thinking of his WC chances now. If he stays at United then no way is he being recalled by the Netherlands.

£40m is optimistic.
That is sort of my point. I keep hearing about how good he is, how the club is ruining his career, about mistreatment. If he is as good as all these people say he is somebody should be paying that for a "world class midfield player". What we actually have seems to be a bang average midfield player not given chances by consecutive managers. Dont get me wrong I hope he has a good loan period which either proves he is good enough to start for us or we get decent money for him.

I seriously need to come off Twitter.

He’s gone on loan it’s a good move for everyone in my opinion and I guess this means much to his frustration Lingard will now stay to maintain squad depth.

New manager in the summer Lingard and Pogba out the door it’s up to Donny now to show Utd what they’ve been missing out on so he gets a chance next season with us or he convinces another club to whack in a decent bid to buy him.

lingering around Utd on the bench for another 6 months wouldn‘t do him any good.

That is sort of my point. I keep hearing about how good he is, how the club is ruining his career, about mistreatment. If he is as good as all these people say he is somebody should be paying that for a "world class midfield player". What we actually have seems to be a bang average midfield player not given chances by consecutive managers. Dont get me wrong I hope he has a good loan period which either proves he is good enough to start for us or we get decent money for him.

I seriously need to come off Twitter.
He's not been given a chance though!

I keep hearing that too. His chances have been few and far between, and also unremarkable. His problem is unfortunately for him his chances have to be in training and clearly he has not done enough. If this had just been ole you might say it is a clash of personalities, but this is successive managers.

You earn chances you aren’t given them.

Two managers have watched him train every day and clearly seen something that isn’t up to what they feel the club requires.

Far to often when he has played he has underwhelmed

So that’s Martial, Tuanzebe, Van de Beek and Diallo out on loan so far in January so far.

I guess the others who may go out today are Henderson, Jones and Lingard. Apparently Jones has turned down the chance of going to Bordeaux because he’s not guaranteed a starting berth. Henderson has been linked with Newcastle as well as Lingard.

so we lose potentially, Martial, Greenwood, Donny and Lingard without bringing anyone in!

jeez, surely we are going to get someone to help that midfield out.

Given Greenwood's absence I'd be amazed if Lingard also goes surely he has to stay now as backup.

My guess is today Donny goes on loan and nothing else happens.

Martial to Sevilla on Loan
Van De Beek to Everton on Loan
Amad to Rangers on Loan

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back