The Departure Lounge 2021

That's a strange one as Trippier would cost more than we'd get for Dalot, and I'm not sure Trippier is that much better than Dalot to justify the extra outlay on a position we don't need to spend time or the money on.

Guess it all depends on what the numbers are if the Dalot fee basically covers the Trippier signing I think it’s a good bit of business.

Think with Dalot is he needs to play to improve because he does need to improve and at Utd we aren’t able to give him the games. His contract must be close to being up as well.

Trippier is a seasoned pro got plenty of experience in big games from what I’ve seen he’s a lot better than Dalot.

Don’t really see what the fuss is with him whenever he’s played for us he’s looked pretty average.

I don't rate Dalot either, and think Trippier is a better player. My issue is that Dalot might be 15m and Trippier was quoted as 40m. Spending 25m and the time necessary to negotiate two transfers to improve the backup right back while there's a gaping hole in central midfield seems foolish.

I don't rate Dalot either, and think Trippier is a better player. My issue is that Dalot might be 15m and Trippier was quoted as 40m. Spending 25m and the time necessary to negotiate two transfers to improve the backup right back while there's a gaping hole in central midfield seems foolish.

If the deal happens I can’t see it being for the release clause.

It may be that Utd are looking at alternatives that they can get with whatever they get for Dalot, Utd have got better at keeping some deals quiet.

Be interesting to see who’s still here when the window closes.

I don't rate Dalot either, and think Trippier is a better player. My issue is that Dalot might be 15m and Trippier was quoted as 40m. Spending 25m and the time necessary to negotiate two transfers to improve the backup right back while there's a gaping hole in central midfield seems very United-like.
FTFY.
I don't care if Trippier is better than Dalot, we shouldn't be anywhere near him unless he's better than AWB. And he might be. Trippier has a totally different mindset with regards to when and how to tackle a player, AWB stretches out those long spidery legs in almost last ditch moments, and Trippier can likely put in a better final ball than AWB, but it's small margins. Trippier better going forward, AWB better defending. Either way, a straight swap cost-neutral deal involving Dalot is worth it. Not sure how much it's worth to spend money on a back-up option.

Amad is going out on loan to Feyenoord.

Makes sense to me the kid needs to start playing regular first team football and the Dutch league should be a good place for him to learn.

Dan James could leave this window as well quite a few PL clubs interested in him hasn’t been reported if it’s a sale or loan but Utd were apparently unwilling to listen to offers until Ronaldo came in.

Few saying despite Ole’s comments on Lingard Utd are still willing to sell him if they get a decent offer.

Sounds like Amad’s loan is off he’s picked up an injury in training.

Shame as he needs first team football. Not sure if the Dutch league is the best way to prepare somebody for life in the Premier League though.

Crystal Palace def needs a RWF and maybe Brentford. As reported there were offers from PL club and Feyenoord move surprised me.

Crystal Palace def needs a RWF and maybe Brentford. As reported there were offers from PL club and Feyenoord move surprised me.
Especially when Ole said they had a move lined up and we're excited by it... I'd think Brentford would be a really good move for him.

Romano reporting James is on the verge of signing for Leeds.

Makes sense their manager seems to like him.

Hopefully get a decent fee but it’s for the best that he moves on.

He’ll need to perform to win their fans over though.

It is best that he moves on. I don’t mind having him in the squad because he’s a real professional but he shouldn’t be starting games. Would be a good move for him but he still needs to improve every aspect of his game.

With all the options we will have when everyone is fit he probably won’t really get a look in. Would also rather someone like Elanga got his minutes. He has a much higher ceiling in my opinion.

Fee reported to be £20m plus add ons sounds like a good deal to me.

Basically being reported as done deal his medical will be tomorrow.

Very good deal. I would like to think we will try and push through for a midfielder but think it’ll be just Ronaldo tomorrow and we’ll be done.

Very good deal. I would like to think we will try and push through for a midfielder but think it’ll be just Ronaldo tomorrow and we’ll be done.
I don't suspect they'll be doing anything tomorrow other than announcing Ronaldo. In fact I think it's pretty much a guarantee.

Any more signings would be a huge surprise.

Most reports now say Lingard will stay.

Any more signings would be a huge surprise.

Most reports now say Lingard will stay.
I think if they were to sell James and Lingard another signing may happen. But it very much seems Lingard is going to stay.

I think if they were to sell James and Lingard another signing may happen. But it very much seems Lingard is going to stay.

As things stand with james leaving our net spend this summer sits at around 100m so even further sales I think is just balancing books.

Fingers crossed a midfielder might still arrive.

£30m is the reported fee. And that's a great bit if business.
That's incredible business if they get that. It's more than they paid for him a few years ago and I'm not sure he's really improved that much as a player. The difference is he's now a PL player with PL experience.

I think he gets an overly hard time, he's a good squad player, and probably performs to a level better than he is. Plenty of other players I'd like to see go first.

But 30m is a great bit of business, for once.

He was in the last 12 months of his contract when Utd signed him so we probably got him a bit cheaper than he was worth at the time plus a prem to prem deal always adds a bit extra. £30m includes some add on fees so it's unlikely we'll see every penny of that but it sounds like a good deal for all parties.

As for Lingard West Ham has just signed Vlasic who's also an attacking midfield type player so hard to see them also going for Lingard now looks nailed on he stays.

If Lingard stays surely the club have to look at a new contract of some sort to protect transfer value?

He was in the last 12 months of his contract when Utd signed him so we probably got him a bit cheaper than he was worth at the time plus a prem to prem deal always adds a bit extra. £30m includes some add on fees so it's unlikely we'll see every penny of that but it sounds like a good deal for all parties.

As for Lingard West Ham has just signed Vlasic who's also an attacking midfield type player so hard to see them also going for Lingard now looks nailed on he stays.

If Lingard stays surely the club have to look at a new contract of some sort to protect transfer value?

I think it's a good move for both parties. £30m is a great price for us because we aren't usually good at moving people on and I think Dan James will be excellent for them in their style of play.

Yep everyone is a winner.

Utd get a decent fee for a player who's not really going to get much playing time.
Leeds get a player they've been trying to sign for the last 2.5 years.
James gets to play more regular football

Those leeds fans who sung "you're to sh*t to play for Leeds" at him on the opening day might need to come up with a new song and maybe go back through their social media and delete a few things.

Some rumours in Spain suggesting there's talks with Barcelona about a move for Cavani.

Doesn't sound viable assuming they're still knackered in terms of the wage bill. How are they going to be able to add Cavani if they haven't even put Aguero in their league squad yet?

Mad to think that this is one of our biggest ever sales.

Ronaldo 80m
Lukaku 70m
Di Maria 45m
James 25m

wished it was one of the others really, he kind of lives up to my expectation of him.

Whereas some others defo don't.

Still, good bit of wedge coming in for once and he wasn't quite good enough for us.

Good luck to him, seemed like a nice lad.

Think it basically comes down to the fact that we know he's not really good enough, someone wants to buy him and he seems happy to move on.

You look at Lingard and think he must have some confidence if he thinks he's getting in this side regularly when everyone is fit as there's no doubt after his performances last season loads of PL sides would have had him off us. In fact pretty much any side outside of the top 4 from last season I think would take Lingard as he's good enough to play for any of them.

Martial hard player to move on with the wages he's on he might be one that we see move in January if he's not playing I think he'll try to get a move and Utd this time shouldn't stand in his way bank a fee or send him on loan but basically move on.

Jones needs to get fit if he proves his fitness I think he'll move in January but until he proves his fitness no club is going to touch him.

Dalot tough situation for him hard to see him getting much playing time and probably needs a move but he's been kept for squad depth.

VDB probably wants to give it another shot and see if he can make an impression but don't really see it working out if he doesn't play football this season though his spot in the national team is at risk. Wouldn't rule out a loan in January if he's not playing.

There's bit pressure on these lads to play well now if you get a chance you have to take it because there's so many players for each position (apart from centre mid).

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back