Tennis: US Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berba_God

It does not seem to be more than five minutes since the gates of Wimbledon closed and here we are for the final grand slam of the season.

The obvious picks are Djokovic and Serena Williams.

Starts Monday, will definitely be watching

What a shame for Watson, has given Sharapova a run for her money for a set and a half. Unfortunately I tihnk it will be a whitewash in the third, already 3-0 down

Murray has lost the first set on a tie break. He was down a break in the set and then broke back however, he had a decent lead in the tie break. Still think he will in four.

Playing Haase

Robson out?

Berba_God, after predicting Kvitova to win Wimbledon, who are your tips to win the male and female draws at the US Open?

Yeah robson went out the second round as well as Baltacha.

Murray is the only British one still standing

Berba_God, after predicting Kvitova to win Wimbledon, who are your tips to win the male and female draws at the US Open?

I think the two in form are Serena and Djokovic.

I think Nadal will make the final and if Djokovic is not there he will win.

As far as the women are concerned none of the holders of the Grand Slams are still in the draw. Serena has a tough third round match today against Azarenka tonight and Azarenka on form could beat her. If Serena gets through tonight she will walk it to the title.

Del Potro out

Murray against Delciano (as Murray's mother calls him) on tonight 12PM UK time. Will be a walk in the park for Murray

There is meant to be some play although looking at the rain at the moment it doesn't look like it will be for some time. A few matches started earlier for around three games but the rain came down and play was suspended :(

I was going to get up in the night to watch Federer's match but now it's going to be hard to predict if he is going to get on or not

Fed's match not on now until tomorrow. At least I don't have to get up in the night tonight

I agree it was absoultely disgusting her behaviour. Serena has always been one of my favourite tennis players but as soon as she did that I was cheering for Stousr. Clearly Serena has learnt nothing from her outburst two years ago. I think she should be banned for next season including the olympics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back