Tennis 2022

Berba_God

Emma Radacanu has a tough draw tonight against Sloane Stephen’s. I can’t see Emma winning this match, her preparation has been affected by Covid.

Radacanu raced through the final set - really impressive victory. Stephens is probably one of the harder unseeded women to get 1st round.

Really pleased for Emma. Her fellow finalist at the US Open went out in the first round to a qualifier.
A drop in form can be expected, at least Emma’s win today will keep the critics at bay.

Really pleased for Emma. Her fellow finalist at the US Open went out in the first round to a qualifier.
A drop in form can be expected, at least Emma’s win today will keep the critics at bay.
Absolutely. Hopefully, this will kickstart the next stage of her career.

@Berba_God, who do you think will win the mens and ladies?
Hmmm tough one. I haven’t watched much tennis this season due to the time difference.

Nadal has a very easy draw with Djokavic out of his half, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he won. Otherwise it will be either Zeverev, Tsitsipas or Medvedev.

Ladies again not clear on form but more than likely Osaka, Barty or Murguruza.

So my predictions now are

Nadal. Not because he is the best left but he will get through to the final and I can’t see one of the next generation players having the mentality to beat him in a grand slam final.

Barty if she can hold her nerve with home pressure.

Cameron Norrie into the Wimbledon semi’s. Next up is Djokovic.

Been a great run so far - buoyed by the crowd! Will be a tough ask to beat Djokovic but you never know!

After all that fuss, and ranking points being removed, a Russian makes it into the final :D

Started well for Norrie today but Djokovic showed his class in the end.

The final could be fun but ultimately I think Djokovic will beat Kyrgios quite easily.

That Kyrgios guy isn't the full ticket is he.

Totally lost his cool yesterday but great entertainment.

I'm not sure he lost his cool, he just shouts at his box to gee himself up. I thought he was unlucky, if he could lose that part of his game, and somehow focus more he'd be some player.

And no he's not the full ticket I suppose, he suffers depression and has self harmed in the past. If that's what you're labelling full ticket.

I didn't know he'd actually been through that stuff as I don't really follow Tennis closely.

Just seemed to explode in the 3rd set as you say he was playing really well matching Djokovic but something clearly got to him and he totally lost his head. Complained about someone in the crowd then flipped out at his own box for what seemed to be not cheering him enough.

Tough match for Raducanu in the first round in the US open tonight. No shame if she loses to Cornet.

Four British males into second round - Murray, Norris, Evans and Draper.

Great result for Harriet Dart against a too ten player too.

22m she's earnt in the last year from Gucci, BA, Tiffany's etc.

she should concentrate on her tennis. What a waste of talent.

It’s hard to know if it’s the distractions or her last year has fallowed the path of so many of the female grand slam winners in recent years. A number of previous winners have done nothing after a grand slam win or not for a year or so later.

Sofia Kenin won the Australian open in 2020 and has done nothing since.

The current Wimbledon champion was knocked out at the first round at the US open.

Iga Świątek struggled the following year after her first win at the French Open and has only really rediscovered that form this year.

I think Raducanu won before her time. Hopefully she will get space develop now on her own time.

I follow hwe on insta, there is not much tennis going on, on there. Fundamentally she needs to concentrate on her tennis or she'll never improve.

On the other hand, if I had earnt 22m over the last year, I'd probably give up on the tennis too.

Great result for Jack Draper last night to beat the sixth seed Felix Auger-Aliassime.

Good to see Serena make it through another round.

Finally a great match at this years Open - Alcarez v Sinner. The longest match in the history of the Open - five hours and 15 minutes.

A new rivalry is born thankfully. Maybe because Federer has not played this season but it just seems a boring season.

Alcarez becomes the youngest men's #1 of the open era. Impressive stuff.

Didn't see it, but saw him at Wimbledon, he's a great player. New blood in the mens game at last.

Great player. The grit of Nadal but the style of Federer
Wow, that's some combination. I've not seen any of the matches but healthy for the men's game that there is a lot of new blood coming through.

Think we are definitely seeing a changing of the guard in the mens game, I still expect to see Djokovic and Nadal win another grand slam or two before they bow out, however there is some real young talent in Alcaraz, Ruud and Sinner to name a couple.

Don't forget about Medvedev. He'd be #1 in the world were it not for the fact he's not been allowed to play.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back