Ten Hag takes charge of United’s Reserve team

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Makes a lot of sense he’s going to need some of these kids to be part of his squad in years to come.

I can see the logic in it, but can't say I've heard of this happening elsewhere (other than Ajax of course). I'm also not sure if he's married, because if he is, he won't be for long. That's quite the workload he's taking on, but if he's happy to do it, somebody revamping the playing structure at the club is exactly what we need.

Makes sense to me; just expanding the first team squad.

The description of how the reserves were isolated from the academy and the first team seems plausible, given the managerial merry-go-round, and is something that needs rectifying.

To me, it's a very positive sign of our manager's thorough professionalism.

I think its quite common you tend to want an established style running through the club it was the way it was done under Fergie.

ETH realised that link between the first team and the academy had been broken so he’s doing something about it.

I doubt it takes up much of his time week to week if he trusts his coaches but if he spots a player that has potential for a certain role in the first team then he should control his progression.

Nothing surprises me in football, but this is a a strange move, if he's not happy with the way the 21/23s are playing why not just suggests that the current Manager is removed, and recommend his replacement. Why take on extra work when he's got hands full with the first-team?

i Think the manager is a control freak and workaholic.

He has looked at every tiny detail In search of marginal gains to help return the club to winning ways. He might not be able to fix all the big problems but he’s attacking all the little ones as well to make sure they get sorted. Just look at the way he’s handling discipline and let’s be honest those dressing rooms leaks seem to be gone as well, we hear very little behind the scenes gossip at the moment.

I assume if the U21 manager doesn’t like the boss telling him what to do he’s free to quit but his job is to get these lads ready for the first team so if the boss is giving you clear direction of what he wants then great. The U21 league is a bit of a strange thing because the results don’t really matter so it’s hard for a coach at that level to really make a name for themselves.

You would think it is Murtough‘s or Fletcher’s job to make sure that link is there but ETH clearly feels it isn’t being done right so he’s addressed it.

Who does he think he is, Alex bloody Ferguson :D

The club created a position for Nicky Butt initially, which was taken on by Darren Fletcher in the latest backroom reshuffle, to create a constant connect between the first-team and the 21/23s ....

Not seen Darren for a while, wonder if there is another job title change on the way, or he's just been phased out.

I’m pretty sure ETH has somebody else who can put out the cones and collect the bibs after training. Fletcher became redundant.

Not sure EtH would have the Technical Director putting out the cones, and collecting the bibs when he's got Eric Ramsay to do that.

From memory Fletcher’s role is more within the academy and looking after the players out on loan.

It does seem like ETH has been given a lot of control in terms of steering things in the direction he wants to go.

Thought it was Dave Bushell that was tasked with looking after the lads on loan, mind it's hard to keep up these days ....

Yeah the backroom setup is and always will be a bit of a mystery as to who's doing what.

The club hired a deputy football director at the start of the season Andy O'Boyle he works under Murtough. He comes from an academy football background.

From memory the logic behind his appointment was to free up time for Murtough to be more first team focused.

There was talk of another deputy football director who would come in to head up the women's team.

Could be all change again in a few months if new owners come in are they going to stick with the current setup or will they bring in their own people and rip it all up again.

Not sure EtH would have the Technical Director putting out the cones, and collecting the bibs when he's got Eric Ramsay to do that.
Pretty sure Ragnick had Ted Lasso, but that didn’t stop Super Fletch from sitting on the bench listening to Radio 3 on his earpiece.

1638801799_716554_1638804729_sumario_normal.jpg

Rangnick insisted that Fletcher as technical director sit on the bench as part of his coaching team.

Off topic slightly but Rangnick also expected both McKenna and Carrick to stay but both decided to leave meaning he had to cobble together a coaching team out of nowhere.

Darren spotted in training today laughing and joking with the rest of the staff.

Always worry if I haven't seen him for a while that his illness has come back.

And on Rangnick, if you believe MUTV schedule his presser ahead of the Emirates FA Cup match against Everton is on tomorrow @ 18:30 - Be well worth a watch!

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back