Substitutions under van Gaal 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said it before and I'll say it again no doubt...

Pathetic, laughable and clueless! That's what LVG is. He can't positively influence games with substitutions and I'm sick of it.

You keep Fellaini on? You bring off our best passer for a player no more attacking? You swap both full backs. Jesus Christ what are you doing idiot!!! Does he want the sack? Is that what he's trying to achieve?

That's what someone said behind me during the match and I agreed with him.

At 1-0 I was almost gobsmacked when he took off Carrick for Herrera! That was a very positive substitute when before I'm sure he'd have taken an attacker off for his favourite player... Fellaini! Not sure what got in to him today to make that change but long may it continue... Well for the rest of the season anyway.

Showed a lot of faith in Herrera in that situation, he hasn't seemed to trust him too much this season.

No he really hasn't so I do wonder what's happened there? Suddenly in a tough must win yet tight game he puts his trust in him? Don't get me wrong I'm delighted but still... And he left his own wonder boy on the bench in doing so!

Must have felt that Carrick could not complete 90 mins or was not playing well (don't think he was personally), and wanted someone who could control the game a bit better, Van Gaal has described Herrera as a controlling midfielder in the past. Often used Herrera this season in a #10 role off the bench because he offers more control when we're ahead.

Schneiderlin's pass success rate was 92%, Carrick's 83%, Herrera's 92%, Lingard's 89%. Stats aren't everything but Carrick used to be the man who was around 90% every game, Herrera's extra 9% = more control after we'd gone 1-0 up was perhaps why he was favoured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back