Spurs Discussion 2021/22

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's mental they've sacked him. 10 games he was given.

Think you could see it was going nowhere and the fans had really turned on him.

The reaction when he subbed Moura on Saturday was pretty telling.

If they're sacking him they must have someone in mind that they couldn't get in the summer as lets be honest they ended up with Nuno as it seemed he was the only person willing to take the job.

Think it's almost an impossible job for whoever takes it as that squad isn't good enough to challenge for top 4 and you're walking into a very angry fan base who are fed up with the owners, they got so close to success with Poch but never quite made it now they look as far away as ever.

If you was Potter would you leave Brighton for this mess because if it goes wrong at Spurs that's your reputation torched forever in England.

The fans I talk to hadn't turned on him they've turned on Levy and ENIC. They feel sorry for Nuno for the position he's put in.

I wonder if Levy is willing to drop his silly demands about certain players having to play and let the manager take control.

I'd like to see them get Conte.

Yeah the ones I know certainly are more fed up with the owners but equally they felt Nuno was doomed from the start the negative football which was a follow on from Mourinho was never going to get the fans on board.

Apparently this is the 12th shortest reign of a PL manager.

I hope they don't get Conte we don't need another club with a quality manager on the scene I hope they appoint Tim Sherwood again or his it to another ex player. What's Robbie Keane up to these days?

If it's a former player it'll be Mason or Parker.

Fabrizio also saying he's confident it'll be Conte.

If it's Potter that's fine, I don't want him at united.

Levy needs to spend money, Poch and Jose both wanted signings. They need them, and hanging on to Kane was a mistake, we all knew it would be, history tells us so. It's like these chairmen don't believe it will happen to them.

I imagine it will be an out of work manager, Conte, Fonseca.

Neither of those I want at united either.

Conte would be interesting at Spurs he's a fantastic coach but you can only polish a turd so much whoever is in charge will need the club to back some big change to that squad they need to seriously rebuild that squad which will take time.

Bit like us with Ole they need to accept there's no quick fix to the problem it will take a lot of money and a few summer windows to turn that squad around. I do think if they fully support Conte in 18 months they could be competitive again for top 4 spots.

I didn't watch much of Spurs but I was surprised to see them playing a back 4 given Nuno nearly always played the 3 at Wolves and the issues at Spurs I was sure he'd play with the back 3 to start with and try to use Kane/Son as a strike partnership.

Last week it sounded like Fonseca was off to Newcastle but all that has gone a bit quiet and he seemed to be in the frame for Spurs in the summer.

Conte is in London. Looks like it's actually happening.

United have an office in London :D

what a wast of 10 games, they couldn't give in to his demands in the summer, now they can...

Guess it depends what the demands were or if he was even interested in the summer he might have felt it was best to play the waiting game see what else came up.

If Utd have told his people that Ole isn't going anywhere maybe Spurs is a little bit more attractive and given how it's gone for the last two guys maybe he can play a much stronger hand at the negotiating table with Spurs now.

Just feels like this ends with the inevitable bust up with Levy over signings as he will want to sign proven players not young players that can be developed.

Has our loyalty to Ole allowed another top class coach to slip through our fingers?

Sky reporting it may only be an 18 month contract which seems odd.

I mean if that is what is on offer Spurs are obviously trying to avoid huge pay offs to managers which is fair enough but equally if Conte does a great job and a better job comes up in the summer it's easier for him to walk away.

Apparently Nuno's deal only means him and the coaches were only paid up to the end of this season so it's not going to be a bank busting decision to get rid of him which might explain why they were prepared to act so quickly.

I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but I do worry that we've missed out on a really top manager here and if he goes to Spurs and is allowed to get on with the job he could get them back on track within a season or two.

Deal to 2023 with options to extend.

Think that's a good deal for both parties if Spurs aren't delivering on the promises or it doesn't work out both parties can get out quickly without massive pay outs.

I think we've missed another chance to land a top manager and I do think IF spurs give him backing he'll get them competing for the CL spots next season I'm not sure he'll be able to get them in top 4 this season as the squad isn't good enough.

Don't worry... They didn't.

No he’s not decent he’s world class.

If they back him anywhere near the money we backed Ole with he’ll have them right up the top lucky for us Spurs don’t have pockets that deep.

If you can’t see Conte as a top class manager I dunno what sport you are watching

If you can’t see Conte as a top class manager I dunno what sport you are watching
I'm not suggesting otherwise to be honest. It was a little tongue in cheek. I just didn't think he was necessarily the right answer for United.

In one sense I would have loved watching Conte whip these layabouts into shape. He would ultimately have come unstuck, but I think he could really have drilled some sense into this bunch. I didn't want Conte, I still don't want Conte, but I think we could have been contenders even if only for one season with him.

0-0.

Back to back league games without a shot on target

Still very early days but I’m guessing Spurs fans will be happy to get the clean sheet but going forward they’ve got big problems.

This either ends with Ndombele turning into a world class player or we never see him again with rumours circulating that Conte might have actually dumped him in the woods.

This quote kind of sums Utd up for me there's way to much of this going on.

"In my football, I have an idea and in this idea there are tasks for the players. Every single player has to know what he has to do. Otherwise, if every player just goes and runs around the pitch, I think it will be a mess."

They were poor first half but much better second half deserved the win.

"I did not like what happened tonight," said Conte. "I must be honest and tell you that after three-and-a-half weeks, I am starting to understand the situation.

"I am happy to stay here but at the same time I must be honest and tell you we need to work a lot to improve the quality of the squad. We are Tottenham and in this moment there is an important gap [to the top teams in England].

"If someone thinks that a new coach arrives and Conte won in the past and then I am a magician... But the only magic I can do is to work. To bring work and work to improve, to bring my methods, my ideas of football. But we have to understand that we need time.

"It is not simple because, in this moment for sure, the level of Tottenham is not so high.

"The situation now is starting to be very clear in my mind. I like to win and I play to win in every competition. This must be the same for my players.

"This road could be one metre or 100m. I am not scared, I am ready to go and do this path. But at the same time I want to be very honest - we have to work a lot and improve in many, many aspects.

"The club is outstanding outside - to create a stadium - but now we start from behind. I have found players that want to work and have great commitment, but sometimes it is not enough.

"We need time, but we have to do better in everything, everything, everything."

Asked about what he had said to his players after the defeat, the former Italy boss added: "Usually I prefer to not speak to them after the game, especially when the game is not good because you are too involved emotionally. We will do it tomorrow."

Conte not holding back post game they lost 2-1 away to Mura in the conferance league.

They've got a lot of very average players at Spurs earning a lot of money getting rid of them will be tough and costly his comments seem very much aimed upstairs as well as at the players don't expect me to turn this lot into winners.

It shows you the difference in perception. Mourinho makes those comments and he's being slated for attacking the players after 3 weeks. Conte does it and people love his brutal honesty.

I think Mourinho's issue is he does this at every club he takes over now and he uses it as an excuse to defend himself he's lost the bit where it all comes good and starts to get results. His training methods and tactical methods clearly don't work anymore at the top level.

I think there's a minor difference with how Conte has done it. Yes he's called out the players but he hasn't named names and he's said he needs to address the problems to move forward he isn't using it as an excuse he's just maybe managing expectations a bit to buy some time.

To me the message to the players is listen to me and follow the instructions and this will improve whereas with Mourinho it comes across as you're all sh*t and it's your fault we lost.

This sort of outburst was inevitable from Conte they've looked poor in all the games under him there's clearly some major problems to solve in that side. Mourinho is no fool he could see the issues, Nuno could see the issues and Conte can see them too there's a reason no one wanted that job last summer and Conte probably took it because Utd told him no thanks and he fancied the challenge.

Their defence is awful, their midfield might be worse and up top unless Kane is being goal scorer and creator there's very little going on.

It's going to take new players to make a difference at Spurs but clearing out the current lot is almost impossible as there's only really two or three who I think could attract a decent transfer fee and they'd be the ones you'd want to keep.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back