Spurs Discussion 2021/22

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Son has just signed a new deal which is huge for them tied him down to 2025 he is a genuine world class player that they absolutely have to hold on to.

Kane we will have to wait and see I just don't see City paying the fee but I do think him moving on isn't the end of the world if Spurs fans can be patient and allow the club to put that money back into the team to solve all the problems it currently has. It might take a year or two to really come off which might be tough with those fans who have been so close to some silverware for the last few seasons.

New manager will bring new ideas but he's not a million miles away from the Mourinho style he looks his teams to be solid and hard to score against.

Will he look to use the back 3 system he deployed at Wolves it might suit him as with Doherty and Reguilon they've got two very good wing back options.

Central Defence and Midfield to me are the current problem areas they're just not good enough in those areas and that is where they need to strengthen this summer and obviously if Kane was to leave they need a new centre forward which won't be easy to find.

Alderweireld has left to join a club in Qatar certainly wasn't the force he was a few seasons back and also on good wages so probably good to move him on.

32 years old and still had 2 years left on his deal seen a fee of about £10m reported in a few papers which to me sounds like good business as Spurs look to rebuild.

They've also signed a young winger for Sevilla and as part of that deal Erik Lamela has gone the other way so things starting to happen at Spurs but the big question remains over Harry Kane.

@jsp not quite sure what happened, I did merge our threads but something went awry! Anyway we can now have this one thread for discussion.

No worries.

Great win for Spurs just what they needed to get the season going keeping up their good record vs City at home in recent seasons.

Son must be furious at Kane. He's tied to the club until 2025 (I think), pledging his future just like his mate Kane, probably with the understanding/hope/belief that Kane would stick around to be part of that future. Son is a truly outstanding player. I don't think he can carry Spurs on his own but great drama to see him put the boot into City today.

Kane to City will be like Torres to Chelsea.

Son must be furious at Kane. He's tied to the club until 2025 (I think), pledging his future just like his mate Kane, probably with the understanding/hope/belief that Kane would stick around to be part of that future. Son is a truly outstanding player. I don't think he can carry Spurs on his own but great drama to see him put the boot into City today.

Kane to City will be like Torres to Chelsea.

Son signed his deal after the news about Kane came out.

Was surprised he signed a new deal must love the club or they offered him a huge deal I thought he might string them out a bit and see what he could get elsewhere. He’s such a good player.

Think the tougher challenges for Spurs will be the teams that park the bus against them this is where they struggled last season as they were so vulnerable to counters.

Spurs look an awful side.

3 shots on target in thier last 2 games. 6 goals conceded.

3 goals in 5 games this season. 1 a penalty. Another a free kick. 1 from open play. This is going to be a long season ahead for them. Fans I know who attend the games started complaining how bad the football is after the 1-0 win against Wolves. He's making Mourinho look like an attacking coach at the moment.

Just looks a really poor squad so many bang average players who they've spent fortunes on.

I mean Lloris is a fairly decent keeper, I quite like Reguilon, Hojberg is a good player and Son/Kane are genuinely world class talents but the rest look mid table quality.

Nuno's got a real job on his hands because that fan base is thoroughly fed up with the way they've fallen off in the last few years been a lot of bad buys at that club and with the money these players earn you will struggle to get them out of the club.

North London Derby at the weekend they need a good result in that one.

Their is absolutely no creative spark in that side basically if Kane/Son don't come up with some magic there's absolutely nothing going on at Spurs when they've got the ball and I don't think that's Nuno's fault it's a result of 3 or 4 summers of buying bad/average players.

they should have sold Kane, he doesn't want to be there. And they should have re-invested the money in the squad. Big mistake

Tricky one because if they sell Kane for say £120m which is probably the max City will pay then who's actually going to want to join Spurs.

Any player that's half decent will see that's a sinking ship and avoid it if they can that's before Kane leaves.

In the summer they let Lamela go and they also didn't keep Bale/Vinicious who were both good squad players last season they added Bryan Gil from Seville.

Was hard enough attracting a manager in the summer.

It's really hard to see them getting back into the top 4 any time soon bit like Arsenal feels like a long road back for both of them Arsenal are at least spending money to try and solve the problem.

They look awful getting the absolute run around off Arsenal at the moment.

Just humping long balls to their strikers and all over the place at the back.

And people were talking about how tactically great Santo is. I'm adamant he's not much more than a defensive manager.

And people were talking about how tactically great Santo is. I'm adamant he's not much more than a defensive manager.

Who was saying that?

He got this job because no one else wanted it the way it’s going he will be gone before they’ve even turned the clocks back.

They look absolutely terrible.

Thanks be to the old gods and the new that I don't support Spurs. They are getting ripped to shreds, their want-away star striker can't score, and after gloating the were top while Arsenal were bottom, have been passed by their rivals. Sucks to be them.

Better in the second half but they were ripped a new one in that first half.

Arsenal looking to be getting into their groove as well. Think they will always be a little inconsistent but I think on their day they will cause some headaches (probably to us!).

Talking of managers to be sacked odds. Nuno is now 4/1 second favourite to be the first manager sacked this season.

Not really surprising they've had a horror start and looked poor. Assume Bruce is favourite to go with the bookies?

I wonder if he's sort of playing the players the fans demand to show they aren't good enough so he can ditch them just like Mourinho did.

Dele Alli and Ndombele just aren't up to it and neither is Erik Dier but what else has he actually got to work with?

Lo Celso what does he do? Winks hasn't kicked on at all, he seems to like Skipp.

I'd be amazed if they don't start the next game with a back 3 and wing backs that has always been the way Nuno likes to play and I think he'll go back to that.

Rumours were back when he took the job that he was told Alli and Skipp had to play as part of getting the job.

The whole environment there seems very toxic. The independant are reporting that many first team players are unhappy. And twitter rumours are that some refused to train today.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

maybe it's just their ego's!

Linking to the other thread, Nuno was an option to many united fans when he was flying high, be careful what you wish for.

What did Spurs expect did they ever watch Nuno's Wolves side?

In a way he was the right pick as he had the same ideas as the previous manager but the problem is both of them are miles away from what the previous manager (poch) was doing.

There's a reason he was 7th choice or whatever for the job.

Those players have got to realise if they want anything in this league they need to work harder than every opponent they face because on pure ability they are miles off the top side apart from Son and Kane. There's reports that Alli is close to the chairman but come on the lads hardly had a decent game in 3 seasons he's miles off the player he looked in 2018.

The worst thing they ever did was hire Mourinho to replace Poch I get that Poch probably had to go things needed to change but they turned to the wrong man.

Got some major problems in that club right now.

Fan base clearly fuming with everyone players, manager and the board/owners.

Kane looks a shadow of the player he was last season and without him that attack doesn’t work.

I thought our midfield had problems but there’s is awful and the defence isn’t much better.

Nuno looks to be on borrowed time but hard to see where things change for them.

Spurs are bad. Really bad. Quite how they were above united going in to the game today I have no idea. That's a really bad team with very little going for it.

Yeah there’s no real sign of hope there for the fans.

Their hero wants to leave and the players he’s hopefully leaving behind are midtable quality.

They look a long way from being a top 4 challenger got huge work to do to clear out that squad and start again.

Thing is they have spent money it just hasn’t been spent well.

Apart from Hojberg & Reguilon I’m struggling to think of another good signing they’ve made.

Club lost a fortune due to Covid hitting just as the stadium opened but they’re sinking further away every season.

That Emmerson Royal looks pretty good. Too early to rule it a good signing though I guess.

Not sure he looks much better than Aurier but still early days.

Another player they need to ship out is Dele Ali what has happened to that guy

He's fallen off a cliff that guy. It's quite alarming really.

Think injuries have dented his progress hasn’t been anywhere near his best for 3 years now reminds me a bit of martial gives you a glimpse every now and again that means some fans continue holding on to hope for them.

Think injuries have dented his progress hasn’t been anywhere near his best for 3 years now reminds me a bit of martial gives you a glimpse every now and again that means some fans continue holding on to hope for them.
I just remember for England even in his best years he was still terrible.

I just remember for England even in his best years he was still terrible.

He was good at the 2018 World Cup but that felt like his real peak since then it’s been downhill for club and country.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No one seemed to want the job in the summer who can they get now?

Koeman?

Hard to see a reason for carrying on with Nuno he’s totally lost the fans.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back