Solskjaer signs new contract

SuperRash

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ole signs new deal until 2024 with the option for a further year.

Ole IN! :D

On paper makes sense I think he’s done just enough to keep going but the pressure is really on now it’s title challenge, proper progress in champions league and secure some domestic silverware.

I like many still have doubts but there’s no man I want to succeed more as our manager than him.

As much as I loved him as a player, I still don't think he has the experience and nous required for the job. People talk about "progress" but I don't think we've moved much from where we were we he came in. Some very good results, and some very, very poor ones. He just doesnt seem to have more than one tactic and one set-up. Not sure he attracts the biggest names to the club either...

I'm aware that the game at QPR barely involved a first-choice player but I'd hoped the youngsters would have been good enough to win that sort of game.

Failure to really challenge for a trophy this season, will seal it for me and we should look elsewhere

I think the progress is there for all to see. We have been a broken club for a while now and yes the results aren’t always there but Ole has clearly stabilised the club. He may not be the right man going forward but he may well be, next season is crucial. For all the progress talk he needs to start delivering trophies and that is an absolute minimum in the upcoming season.

I’m not to fussed about attracting the very biggest names but Ole has definitely attracted the right sort of player who can go onto greatness. Sancho has been added to that list, so again there has been progress.

Also pre-season games for the most part mean absolutely nothing, players are getting back into the swing, there are always a plethora of subs which is hard to keep the

I think the progress is there for all to see. We have been a broken club for a while now and yes the results aren’t always there but Ole has clearly stabilised the club. He may not be the right man going forward but he may well be, next season is crucial. For all the progress talk he needs to start delivering trophies and that is an absolute minimum in the upcoming season.
I would agree with this. I don't think Ole is the man to bring lots of success back to United but I think he's done a good job. After so many bumpy years and the Jose saga I think they needed someone just to stabilise the club. Get them back in to the top 4 on a regular basis (2 years in a row) and start getting back to the latter stages of tournaments. Ole has absolutely done that with united. I just don't think he can take them to the next level.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back