Solskjaer’s farewell interview

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Really good man and still an absolute club legend. I was very much an Ole in guy for a long time because of how he had transformed the club back to a good place. However, his position did become untenable in the last few weeks.

Wish him nothing the best for the future.

His biggest mistake was not getting better/more experienced coaches. Because he fronted the club, and sorted the background stuff really well.

Still love him, but just not good enough at the coaching side

Classy move from the club and Ole to do this.

All the best Ole and you have without doubt left us in better shape than you found us and for that you can hold your head high.

Full 12 minute interview on the club website.

He wanted to do the interview to say goodbye to the fans rather than speak to journalists later down the road.

It’s hard to watch

I think thats why most fans wanted him to succeed
A utd legend but also a real class man
I hope he can be an ambasador or be involved with utd in some capacity just not manager haha
Good luck to him hope he does well in his next job

Just the still picture. I can't. I've not felt this way about United since the day Fergie announced his retirement.

A little lost with it all. The club means everything to me but there are certain people within it that hurt to lose more than most. Ole is a top guy and I wish it worked for him.

I haven't watched it yet and don't think i can - Too emotional.
He had to go in the end, but i am angry that the club has put everything on Ole. The coaches are just as, if not more culpable and should have been dismissed as well.
I wish Ole nothing but the best for the future.

Not been able to watch it yet and i'm tearing up just thinking about it ....get a grip Man!

It's not actually that tough to watch lads they keep it positive and talk mainly about the good times.

you've got a heart of stone then, the mans eyes are red raw and then he cries at the end.

It really touched me.

I didn't want to spoil the ending.

Of course it's tough to watch but it reminded me of the good times not the bad times which was important.

I don't always like the way out players use social media because it's mostly stage managed nonsense but I do think the messages the players were posting yesterday were genuine.

I do think the majority of them like him he's taken the flack for plenty of them and defended them a lot this season.

A lot of them must feel guilt that they let him down some players have let their standards drop massively this season and the manager has lost his job on the back of that. His loyalty to these players probably was his downfall he should have changed things sooner.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back