Should Ole Be Sacked As It Stands (Poll 2) 16/10/21

Should Ole be sacked as of today (16/10/21)

• Yes

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think the injuries played that big a part for Liverpool last season
It was predicted prior to the season starting they wouldn't do so well.
Something about caffeine treatment they use you need to take a break from.

Not sure you can compare United and Chelsea as clubs to be honest, how many times do we hear a player just can't hack playing for Manchester United(which isn't a criticism), or can't hack playing for England, then how many times do we hear a player just couldn't hack it playing for Chelsea, it just doesn't happen, so there's less hit and miss with new recruits for starters making it easier to bring the right players in to improve the team instantly, and that's before you factor in the 592 players they've got out on loan at a good level all ready to take their chance if they can't get the player(s)they want - Chelsea got lucky with Tuchel, it may well have gone the other way, and just because it worked at Chelsea doesn't mean it would work at United.

I don't think the injuries played that big a part for Liverpool last season, they still had the midfield which makes their team tick, and still had the feared three up top, they were just found out, and it's to their credit that they've ironed out any issues and are up and running(literally)again this season - thought it was cute how many in the media defended them over their injuries, yet conveniently turned a blind eye when United went nearly three years and having 8/9 out was the norm and at times it was in double figures, but then they always have been the medias darling.

Fair enough on the 2nd half of last season, but we don't know if we'd not been still in the Europa League it would have been the same, it was a brutal season fixture wise and the team did well with a smallish squad to keep going in both comps for me.

Tiss a mystery what's happened this season after a good start, and I don't believe a new Manager is suddenly gonna turn it around, not until he or she move on those that have far too much sway in the dressing-room, and I think most of us know who they are.

Plenty of players flop at Chelsea Drinkwater, Barkley, Salah, De Bruyne, Moratta, Torres, Bakayoko, Kepa just off the top of my head bet there’s loads more. Chelsea did get lucky a world class manager came on the market just as they realised their “home grown” fan choice wasn’t going to cut it so they got him in and the change was almost instant. They instantly tightened up their defence and that’s given them a foundation to build on.

Well the midfield was playing in defence during the bad run of form eventually Klopp decided to stick two young kids in and put the midfield back in position which got them firing again. Everyone knew Liverpool didn’t have squad depth but they’ve got about 14 or 15 real top quality players.

it’s not a mystery it’s been obvious to anyone watching when performances are bad you need a system that carries you through. We were horrible at home last season and away it was miracle comebacks rather than good performances that got us to second place. This run happens every season with Ole it’s huge highs and massive lows in terms of form you can’t win titles like that.

I just don’t see any good reason to carry on with him. Where do you see it going?

When was the last time we saw a 3-0, 4-0 comprehensive performance ? the type of victories that the 3 teams above us are doing regularly, were f###ing miles behind them and as @jsp alludes to above, our home form last season was diabolical and our exciting away wins just not sustainable to get anywhere near a title, exciting - yes, but that doesn't win you anything.

Giving him the next 3 games according to the Athletic, poor results in those next three games and we'll have Conte as our next manager, not sure what I think of that, but the result at the weekend was piss poor and its time for change.

I don't necessarily want big wins, but I do expect some kind of performance. Every game this year I feel like we've lost, or have been lucky. Apart from maybe 2. I have been waiting to get beaten.

I'm not surprised by this board going for Conte. Really they should be raiding Ajax for their manager and the DoF. But that will cost money that they don't like to spend, until they pay off Conte. And a DoF who will probably find out quckly that people in important roles at the club are clueless.

Will united fans suffer Conte's football. A few + attackers will be sitting on the bench. Really, with our squad, we need a more attack minded manager. Why hire a defensive one when we have no midfield and awful defenders. We have 4 midfielders, 1 of which Ole won't play. So we need someone who will utilise them all.
It's just going to be a press bonanza of Conte leaking damaging stories to the press when he doesn't get the players he wants.

Another 3 years of nightmares at Old Trafford.

I’d like to see some routine 2-0 wins where you create chances tuck a few away and De Gea basically watches on like the rest of us. Top sides bang out the easy wins against the bottom/mid table sides week after week. For Utd every game feels like a potential slip up.

There’s nothing you can rely on about this team.

Are you sure? 85/90% of those that bothered to vote in the poll on the forum suggested Ole was the right man for the job a few weeks back, now after a few ropey performances/poor results it's the opposite which kinda suggest their opinion of Ole is based on results this season.
Let’s be honest Ole hasn’t a clue, can’t change his tactics and he and his coaching staff are out of their depth

There is no good reason to carry on with Ole as the United manager other than because he's a club legend. That is quite literally the only reason.

If Jose or LVG lost 5-0 at home to Liverpool (and after a run of form that's pretty bad) they would have been fired. If Tuchel lost to a rival in that way he'd probably be gone too. In fact Pep and Klopp would come under some scrutiny but have enough credit in the bank I'd expect.

I don't think anyone sacks a manager off the back of one game. You can say the run of form which I could agree with but no one sacks a manager because of a one off game. Silly talk. Tuchel would be absolutely fine regardless of credit in the bank

When was the last time we saw a 3-0, 4-0 comprehensive performance ? the type of victories that the 3 teams above us are doing regularly, were f###ing miles behind them and as @jsp alludes to above, our home form last season was diabolical and our exciting away wins just not sustainable to get anywhere near a title, exciting - yes, but that doesn't win you anything.

Giving him the next 3 games according to the Athletic, poor results in those next three games and we'll have Conte as our next manager, not sure what I think of that, but the result at the weekend was piss poor and its time for change.
Dan James' debut season, we won our first four games by 3 or 4 to nil. Even Ludonku was banging 'em in for fun.

That was Mourinho’s second season Utd made a great start to that season but couldn’t match City’s relentless pace that was the season they got 100 points.

Under Ole the starts to every season have been pretty slow.

That wasn't the last time we were brushing teams aside though let's not rewrite history

In terms of looking like things were clicking

There was a spell at the end of LVGs first season where it was looking promising, Mourinho’s second season was pretty good but very reliant on De Gea at times and that initial spell under Ole but that faded after a few months.

I don’t think either of Ole’s season in charge you’ve been able to look at a game and think this will be easy today it’s always been a case of anything is possible here. Had some fantastic wins but also some bad defeats not always against decent sides.

It was predicted prior to the season starting they wouldn't do so well.
Something about caffeine treatment they use you need to take a break from.

3/10 for your attempt at being funny, have you been to Germany recently?

Plenty of players flop at Chelsea Drinkwater, Barkley, Salah, De Bruyne, Moratta, Torres, Bakayoko, Kepa just off the top of my head bet there’s loads more. Chelsea did get lucky a world class manager came on the market just as they realised their “home grown” fan choice wasn’t going to cut it so they got him in and the change was almost instant. They instantly tightened up their defence and that’s given them a foundation to build on.

Well the midfield was playing in defence during the bad run of form eventually Klopp decided to stick two young kids in and put the midfield back in position which got them firing again. Everyone knew Liverpool didn’t have squad depth but they’ve got about 14 or 15 real top quality players.

it’s not a mystery it’s been obvious to anyone watching when performances are bad you need a system that carries you through. We were horrible at home last season and away it was miracle comebacks rather than good performances that got us to second place. This run happens every season with Ole it’s huge highs and massive lows in terms of form you can’t win titles like that.

I just don’t see any good reason to carry on with him. Where do you see it going?

Plenty of players flop at Chelsea that's true, but it's more because they just aren't very good, not that they can't hack playing for a club the size of United, and I wouldn't say Salah and De Bruyne got much game time at Chelsea but it was obvious before they even signed for Chelsea that they would with the right coaching become very very good players, don't know who binned them off, possibly Mourinho, to be honest I really don't care.

I know what happened at Liverpool at last season, but that's not the point I was making, if you or whoever wants to think we only finished above Liverpool because of their injuries, fine, but at least consider the United injuries and as I said we had a damn sight more season in season out for years before automatically criticising the team you support and the Manager at the time - one of United's best performances post-SAF was the 1-2 Juanfield victory where we had 12/13 missing and some United fans think that if we can win and that convincing at Anfield with so many missing we should be able to win any match with say 5 or 6 missing, well football just doesn't work like that.

It might be obvious to some, maybe i'll have to start watching the games with somebody who knows what to look for.

I don't know, I really don't know, if I did i'd be straight off to the bookies.

Let’s be honest Ole hasn’t a clue, can’t change his tactics and he and his coaching staff are out of their depth

Is that your own opinion, or have you just read it a few 1000 times like many have and taken it as fact?

Oops sorry where are my manners, welcome to the Ole is History fan zone.

I'd rather go for ten Hag. Symbolizes the Ajax philosophy of total football. Looks to his Academy but imagine he had the resources available at OT.
Not a 2 season wonder then move on, once he's there, and things r going well, he's there for the longstay!

Plenty of players flop at Chelsea that's true, but it's more because they just aren't very good, not that they can't hack playing for a club the size of United, and I wouldn't say Salah and De Bruyne got much game time at Chelsea but it was obvious before they even signed for Chelsea that they would with the right coaching become very very good players, don't know who binned them off, possibly Mourinho, to be honest I really don't care.

I know what happened at Liverpool at last season, but that's not the point I was making, if you or whoever wants to think we only finished above Liverpool because of their injuries, fine, but at least consider the United injuries and as I said we had a damn sight more season in season out for years before automatically criticising the team you support and the Manager at the time - one of United's best performances post-SAF was the 1-2 Juanfield victory where we had 12/13 missing and some United fans think that if we can win and that convincing at Anfield with so many missing we should be able to win any match with say 5 or 6 missing, well football just doesn't work like that.

It might be obvious to some, maybe i'll have to start watching the games with somebody who knows what to look for.

I don't know, I really don't know, if I did i'd be straight off to the bookies.

Who was missing that day? Just looked up the team from that day can't see any obvious missing names De Gea, Valencia, Smalling, Jones, Blind, Carrick, Herrera, Fellaini, Mata, Young, Rooney. On the bench we had Rafael, Rojo, Januzaj, Di Maria, Rojo, Falcao. Our squad was pretty small that season from memory a lot of players left as we weren't in Europe that season and the club started a huge clear out.

While the Mata goal was certainly a great moment it was nowhere near one of our most convincing performances of the post Ferguson era. It was a 2-1 win over a Liverpool side that was starting to fall apart under Rodgers and lets not forget they had 10 men for the entire second half.

Of course Utd had injuries in various seasons but I don't think we ever won the league with all our centre backs out injured for pretty much the whole season which is essentially what happened to Liverpool. They sold Lovren and Van Dijk, Gomez and Matip all missed most of the season with injury. We always seemed to have a defensive crisis at some point but it would last a few games not a few months. Remember one game where we had a back 3 of Carrick/Fletcher/Evra but we maybe had 2 or 3 games before players came back.

If Liverpool go and get 85+ points this season which they look like they could do it's hard to argue that last season they under performed because of the injuries.

Apparently not. Because the board and execs are clueless wonders it would seem. All they have done is brought even more heat and attention on themselves.

All the board have done is given themselves thinking time, you might yet get your wish, but there was no way they'd have relieved Ole of his duties before the Tottenham match, not a chance., and I doubt they will make a decision either way until after the City match when the next International fortnight starts.

Who was missing that day? Just looked up the team from that day can't see any obvious missing names De Gea, Valencia, Smalling, Jones, Blind, Carrick, Herrera, Fellaini, Mata, Young, Rooney. On the bench we had Rafael, Rojo, Januzaj, Di Maria, Rojo, Falcao. Our squad was pretty small that season from memory a lot of players left as we weren't in Europe that season and the club started a huge clear out.

While the Mata goal was certainly a great moment it was nowhere near one of our most convincing performances of the post Ferguson era. It was a 2-1 win over a Liverpool side that was starting to fall apart under Rodgers and lets not forget they had 10 men for the entire second half.

Of course Utd had injuries in various seasons but I don't think we ever won the league with all our centre backs out injured for pretty much the whole season which is essentially what happened to Liverpool. They sold Lovren and Van Dijk, Gomez and Matip all missed most of the season with injury. We always seemed to have a defensive crisis at some point but it would last a few games not a few months. Remember one game where we had a back 3 of Carrick/Fletcher/Evra but we maybe had 2 or 3 games before players came back.

If Liverpool go and get 85+ points this season which they look like they could do it's hard to argue that last season they under performed because of the injuries.

I haven't got the time and inclination to check the squad that season against the team that played that day, you either remember it, or you don't want to believe me, that's fine.

And your next paragraph is making my point, playing down a United achievement and making excuses for Liverpool, I was fortunate to see United win several times at Anfield when they were firmly on their perch pre-SAF, and the 1-2 win in 1981 when Albiston score a late winner was the most complete performance i've even seen at Anfield, we totally out-footballed them from start to finish and it would have been criminal if we'd not won, and the only performance that has come even close to that since was the Juanfield game.

The chap that commentated on United that day was as equally impressed, as was everybody I spoke to at the time, some of who had been fortunate to have been there.

I’ve seen United play at Anfield 24 times – and I’ve never seen them play as well as on that Spring afternoon in 2015.

All or most of Liverpool's injuries were in defence last season, not ideal, but better than regularly having say 3 defenders, 3 midfielders and 2 strikers out all or most of the season, or I would have thunk so anyway.

Funny thing is I did check and I could only find Shaw and RVP who were missing and at a stretch I’d add Evans who wasn’t really fancied by LVG.

Forgotten the 3-1 win there in 97-98?

Anfield has never been a good game for us we never play well at anfield but we do get good results there and we were great that day but it wasn’t our greatest day/performance post Fergie. Want a great performance check out the Europa league final had that game under total control for 90 minutes and won it 2-0 totally controlled and dominant performances.

Well there were also other injuries they lost Jota for a few months, Henderson also missed quite a few matches at the end of the season.

Ole did fine fine season he got a decent enough points total in the league but I’d say if he gets that many points again this season we will be 4th not 2nd as the bar has risen.

Funny thing is I did check and I could only find Shaw and RVP who were missing and at a stretch I’d add Evans who wasn’t really fancied by LVG.

Forgotten the 3-1 win there in 97-98?

Anfield has never been a good game for us we never play well at anfield but we do get good results there and we were great that day but it wasn’t our greatest day/performance post Fergie. Want a great performance check out the Europa league final had that game under total control for 90 minutes and won it 2-0 totally controlled and dominant performances.

Well there were also other injuries they lost Jota for a few months, Henderson also missed quite a few matches at the end of the season.

Ole did fine fine season he got a decent enough points total in the league but I’d say if he gets that many points again this season we will be 4th not 2nd as the bar has risen.

I remember all the wins at Anfield, but 81 was the only time I felt we had total control from start to finish, even a penalty that half the Kop didn't appeal for giving them an undeserved equaliser didn't turn the tide. whereas every win under SAF and there were a few we were hanging on for dear life.

Didn't say it was our greatest performance post-SAF, and at least you've admitted we were great that day.

You must have watched a different Europa League final to me, yes we deserved to win, no doubt about it, but a very young inexperienced side missing a few players had long spells in the game when they were getting on top.

We'll have to rise with the bar then.

All the board have done is given themselves thinking time, you might yet get your wish, but there was no way they'd have relieved Ole of his duties before the Tottenham match, not a chance., and I doubt they will make a decision either way until after the City match when the next International fortnight starts.
Like I said... Because they aren't pro active.

Oh right so anybody that doesn't do what you think they should is a moron. okay.

What you have to realise is Rich has been Ole out since the day Ole was in. Says he isn't a United fan anymore. Then first day of the season decided he was again. Then flipped back on that the following game.

So he currently thinks his 2 yrs of Ole out is vindicated. But he'll be the same regardless of who the next manager is in 6 months time.

Which unfortunately is the way things go. The Mourinho out crowd got what they wanted and again what they wanted they don't like so they're the next manager out. It's the Chelsea syndrome.

What you have to realise is Rich has been Ole out since the day Ole was in. Says he isn't a United fan anymore. Then first day of the season decided he was again. Then flipped back on that the following game.

So he currently thinks his 2 yrs of Ole out is vindicated. But he'll be the same regardless of who the next manager is in 6 months time.

Which unfortunately is the way things go. The Mourinho out crowd got what they wanted and again what they wanted they don't like so they're the next manager out. It's the Chelsea syndrome.

Yeah i've got his number mate, he's from the 2016 intake, say no more. ;)

Oh right so anybody that doesn't do what you think they should is a moron. okay.
If this board thinks Ole is the answer then yes they are morons. I'm not sure how anyone can even argue that...

No it's called wanting the club to succeed isn't it? Or at least being competitive and entertaining. United weren't under Jose and they aren't under Ole. But you'd ride it out would you? Despite things not improving.

If this board thinks Ole is the answer then yes they are morons. I'm not sure how anyone can even argue that...

If the board still think Ole is the answer, but sack him, yep you would call them morons, as it is you're calling them morons because they have a different opinion than you.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back