SEA View 2014-15

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been a lot of criticism selling Welbeck and losing "our identity" but what about bringing Blackett through? Wilson has replaced Welbeck. The media seems to think we have sold Messi now he's gone but thought he was useless when he was with us.

I wish i'd started off by mentioning that Falcao hasn't replaced Welbeck. Falcao replaced Hernandez, Wilson replaced Welbeck. On the whole, we're stronger. Our 4 strikers now are all prolific goalscorers, although Wilson has only played 2 games and has a lot to prove, he showed last season he's capable at this level.

The article seems to have gone down well.

And it's not like Welbeck wasn't given chances at all and was pushed out. It's like LVG said Welbeck and Chicarito do not have the scoring record of an RVP or Rooney. I was a bit sad when Welbeck left. Since it's always sad when a lad who has risen from the ranks to the first team leaves. But our standards had slipped a bit in the last few years. Yeah we were winning under SAF but we were scrapping through some of the fixtures. Not all the fixtures mind. But the signs were there. Maybe that was because of the financial situation. But going forward we cannot have the same thing continuing. We have to sign quality, finished players. That will enable us to get the results on the pitch. Which will help us bring the youth through the ranks too.

For what it's worth I think Welbeck would've done well the way we set up today playing up top as he wouldn't have had to have been the main striker, and could use his pace cutting inside. His pace would mean he could keep up with Di Maria and his through balls, he was decent when he came on this season I thought. We finally play fast football to suit him and he's now gone.

Interesting what you say Bob about van Gaal's philosophy. I found it very strange we changed the formation once more on Monday night, 3rd different formation we've used this season. You'd have to wonder whether the players have actually fully understood what he wants from them in any of the formations. The fact we keep switching it up would suggest van Gaal isn't sure himself what he really wants.

Yeah, the numerous system changes have surely contributed to the lack of organisation. Without Champions League football Van Gaal has a full week to prepare the team, so it's a bit disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back