Saul Niguez

Sideshow Bob

Duncan Castles has linked United with Saul Niguez. Would he be a replacement for Carrick or competition for Herrera?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can play anywhere in midfield really, much like Herrera and Pogba, could the 3 of them perhaps play together? I think Herrera's done well in a deeper role but we miss him in that advanced right position when he plays deeper. Saul played as a CB a bit when he was younger and as you can see in video above, he's not bad at going forward either. Played mostly as a right midfielder when I see him so could be more of a replacement for Herrera than Carrick with Herrera dropping deeper.

Yeah I think he's more similar to Herrera than Carrick. The problem is, so are most midfielders out there. I've said it before but we will find it very hard to find a direct replacement for Carrick.

We may need a foil for Herrera/Pogba also, with Schneiderlin likely to leave in Jan and Fellaini, Schweinsteiger in the summer. Therefore two midfielders might well be required. I'm sure @boothstownred will have a view on our midfield needs?!

It has been an issue of mine for years. The numbers are good but maybe not quite the quality outside of the first choice three. Firstly a replacement for Carrick is essential. I think we will get plenty of goals from Pogba in the fullness of time. I really like Herrera but we need more goals from him. I would probably like somebody who can get passed the front man, maybe somebody in the Dele Alli mould. Or maybe somebody lime Dembele who can beat people with pace and power.

Yeah I'd agree that the quality isn't quite there yet.

For me, I'd prefer a more defensive minded foil for Herrera, albeit a player who is comfortable on the ball - such as Saul. Verratti would be the best out there in my view, there's talk of him potentially leaving PSG this summer. In terms of more attacking options for the role, would you consider Fabregas were he to become available?

With a more defensive minded foil, it would free up Pogba yet more. I also expect us to improve our attacking options this summer *cough Griezmann. With that coupled with the expectation that Martial and Rashford will deliver more next season, I think we'll be fine for goals.

His goal v Leverkusen.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Struggled, hauled off at half time, Tuchel said he created some chances for Villa :D

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back