Ryan Giggs Interview: On why he wants to now be a manager - and what kind of club it might be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Giggsy needs to start in the Championship or lower in my opinion. Look what happened to Neville, trying to manage a top team without any experience at all. Would he ever manage here in the future? I think he would have to have a few trophies under his belt at other top teams first. Look at Moyes, like a rabbit in the headlights. Thought he had done it all at Everton by once qualifying for the Champions League. This club is a massive step up, and I hope in the future we only promote up to date winners, like Jose.

Giggsy needs to start in the Championship or lower in my opinion. Look what happened to Neville, trying to manage a top team without any experience at all. Would he ever manage here in the future? I think he would have to have a few trophies under his belt at other top teams first. Look at Moyes, like a rabbit in the headlights. Thought he had done it all at Everton by once qualifying for the Champions League. This club is a massive step up, and I hope in the future we only promote up to date winners, like Jose.

True but Giggs understands the size of the club so it's not quite the same as Moyes. He has also worked closely with a number of managers and spent more time coaching than Neville. Personally I think he needs to wait for the right Premier League job. He might find the drop down too much plus it's a different league that he's never really been involved with so that would be a shock for him too.

True but Giggs understands the size of the club so it's not quite the same as Moyes. He has also worked closely with a number of managers and spent more time coaching than Neville. Personally I think he needs to wait for the right Premier League job. He might find the drop down too much plus it's a different league that he's never really been involved with so that would be a shock for him too.
Its a catch 22 as he has the name but not the experience, plus hes been used to the best facilities sports science coaches players etc. Even moving to a Hull or Burnley, which is probably be the best to hope for for his first job, would be a massive eye opener.

I also think he'd be better off starting down low with a well run club and a club with ambition to go up and play good football. Even if it's League 2. I think Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink is a good example of what can be achieved by starting down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back