Ronaldo Has Left - He's gone and it's the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he came here because we were the only offer on the table.

Juventus wanted him out and he isn't going to stay somewhere he doesn't feel wanted that is why he left Madrid. City I think were considering it but didn't want to pay the fee Juventus needed and Utd came in. He probably came hoping for the best but really found the worst and his presence maybe poured petrol on a fire that was starting to get out of control.

We were maybe the one club in the world who were willing to ignore all the red flags because of the sentiment of a return and we know our owners love a big name to attach to all the marketing campaigns. We know Ole loved nostalgia so he probably couldn't resist either but the last minute nature of it all 100% caused a problem as Ole maybe had to backtrack on promises that had been made with certain players.

He did ok in his first season but the teams gone backwards and with all the change it's best he moves on again but where does he go? Feels very much like we could be stuck with each other again.
I also feel the same.
He will stay with us because he have no option. Too Bad for Martial, he looked good in preseason.

Bruno talking about it now. Sounds like he wants to go but has no offers

Just seen the Bruno quotes swerved it pretty well.

Didn't deny that it sounds like Ronaldo wants out but it's down to the club to sort that out.

Some guy on CBS reporting that Mendes has been telling clubs that Ronaldo would be willing to take a 30% pay cut to move and still no one is biting.

He takes a 25% one with us next season with no Champions League football and took a pay cut to come to Utd.

Some guy on CBS reporting that Mendes has been telling clubs that Ronaldo would be willing to take a 30% pay cut to move and still no one is biting.

He takes a 25% one with us next season with no Champions League football and took a pay cut to come to Utd.
We should bench him and play Martial. We should not reward bad attitude.

We should bench him and play Martial. We should not reward bad attitude.

I mean Martial can't exactly be praised for his attitude most of the time he's been here he's been a sulky idiot who has wanted away but so far in pre season he has done well.

It all depends on how Ronaldo behaves when he returns if he buys into what ETH is doing and follows the rules then he should be play if he starts acting like a spoilt brat then don't play him.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Stay away from Griezmann he is yesterdays man if they want Ronaldo chuck us 10m and he’s yours.

If they want to talk players then let’s talk Felix he’s the one we should be talking to that boy has the talent to go to the very top.

Griezmann is still under contract at Barca isn't he? Sounds like fake news

Griezmann is still under contract at Barca isn't he? Sounds like fake news

Atletico have to buy him this summer or next summer for €40m.

It's not a mandatory buy clause. It's an option.

It's not a mandatory buy clause. It's an option.

Just checked a few places and everything says the purchase is mandatory when the loan deal ends.

Just checked a few places and everything says the purchase is mandatory when the loan deal ends.

Tbf I was just basing that off football manager where I decided not to retain Greizemann after the loan. Though would be a surprising detail for them to get wrong.

Ronaldo's partner is Spanish, she's spent most of her working life in Madrid, and her Dad is Argentinian, and they love an Argie at Atletico!

It's the one club I wouldn't mind him going to if he didn't go back to Sporting Club.

Whether he stays or goes, he’s not had any pre-season and hasn’t even returned to training two weeks before the seasons starting. Going to be seriously undercooked.

On his way to England according to the Athletic.

Not confirmed if he will train tomorrow but is expected to have face to face talks with the boss

He's at the training ground today arrived with his agent.

Sir Alex also spotted arriving at the training ground something he very rarely does not sure that's a good thing he shouldn't be part of the talks even if he is a director this is for ETH, Murtough and Arnold to sort out.

Clubs have said that Fergie and other directors were at the training ground for a football board meeting that's been in the diary for months it has nothing to do with the meeting with Ronaldo and his agent.

Not sure he'd listen to Sir Alex anyway, wasn't him that landed him at united in first place last year!

Not sure he'd listen to Sir Alex anyway, wasn't him that landed him at united in first place last year!

Think last year was basically the same story as he find himself in now he wanted out at Juventus but no one really wanted him.

City enquired but didn't want to pay a transfer fee for him which Juventus couldn't accept and Utd came in at the last minute to give him the route out.

He could go late in the window as he's a panic signing no club is going to make a realistic plan to sign Ronaldo this summer at his age.

Transfer request or no transfer request surely someone needs to make us an offer to change anything.

Doesn’t exactly sound like the phone has been ringing off the hook with offers for him.

If he wants to go let him go.

I think United's standing is, if they get an offer he can go

Transfer request or no transfer request surely someone needs to make us an offer to change anything.

Doesn’t exactly sound like the phone has been ringing off the hook with offers for him.

He's not handed in a transfer request. That would mean forfeiting future loyalty bonuses owed.

What's everyone's preferred "realistic" Option if he goes ? This would be an interesting debate as Anthony is another wide player.

He's not handed in a transfer request. That would mean forfeiting future loyalty bonuses owed.

I doubt his loyalty bonus was huge he signed a 2 year contract so he’d only be putting half of it at risk if that clause even exists in his contract. Signing on fees/loyalty bonuses tend to be a thing in longer contracts rather than short term deals.

Castles is a bit of a knob but we know he’s well connected with his agent. If he’s saying transfer request then I think that has gone in let’s see if Ronaldo comments on this fake news like he did with that story about going back to sporting on loan a few weeks ago.

Doesn’t change anything for me if he’s told the club he wants to leave then get him gone sick of watching players who dont want to be here. Ideally get him out of the premier league but at this point I’d flog him to Chelsea if they want him.

Just sick on the nonsense around him he clearly wants to leave he’s had weeks to clarify the situation and he’s not done anything to do that.

Despite how effective he can still be, not sure there are many suitors for a 37 year old being paid £400k plus a week.

Always seems to be one drama after another with this club, now we have Ronaldo throwing a paddy. I really hope this toxic culture some players have exhibited over the last few years will be eradicated under ETH.

I know it probably wouldn’t happen but I would mutually rip up his contract and send him on his way. It is so frustrating though that this wasn’t sorted at the end of last season - surely he knew he wanted to leave then when we didn’t get CL football.

I’m done with these toxic characters at this club. Sell him, let him go for free or whatever - just get rid.

If he's really that keen to leave why doesn't he just buy out his own contract, i'm sure if he looks hard enough he'll be able to find the £19,000,000 needed to do just that.

There is talk we are in for Sesko.

Never seen him play before but he's the only young striker in FM that starts off with a fixed rating better than Haaland.

I don't think we'll get anyone until Ronaldo goes. And I don't think anyone will come in for him.

I think the best option would be to release him from his contract as he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back