Ronaldo Has Left - He's gone and it's the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does sound like his agent has been touting him about this summer.

Bad form really. Should have said weeks ago he wanted out.

I am happy for him to go, I don't think we should have ever resigned him. Let's just get it done quick. Don't need a stroppy Ronaldo about the place.

It comes down to who knew what and when really and we'll probably never know that as the club isn't going to make that sort of stuff public for all we know he told them months ago and it's just been kept quiet.

If he wants to go and we can find a club that isn't a direct rival for us then let him go no point keeping unhappy players we've gone down that road before.

I personally wouldn't rule out him trying to squeeze Utd to up his wages so he doesn't have to take the hit.

It would have been in the clubs best interest to let everybody know Ronaldo wanted to leave as soon as he'd told them, and his agent would have let it slip as well if true, no this is a recent thing, and partly because United haven't signed the players he may have wanted them to, yet!

I am happy for him to go, I don't think we should have ever resigned him. Let's just get it done quick. Don't need a stroppy Ronaldo about the place
I don't disagree despite being a huge Ronaldo fan. I think in general if United can move him on then they should if he really doesn't want to be at the club. The problem is the club are once again making a hash of their transfers and what they don't need is to need to go and get another player. They already need a CB, 2 x CMs and a RW. Not to mention a RB but at this point that's not going to happen.

I actually think this is a Rooney to City move. He's trying to force the club in to signings. Everywhere you look he's happy to stay if the club makes signings. He's not happy as all of us aren't with the lack of activity and is making a move. Will they call his bluff.

nah, he wants CL and self glory.

And we do need to sell him, he wont fit with ETH football.

I actually think this is a Rooney to City move. He's trying to force the club in to signings. Everywhere you look he's happy to stay if the club makes signings. He's not happy as all of us aren't with the lack of activity and is making a move. Will they call his bluff.
You could be right there! I have my reservations about whether he's a fit for the style ETH is going to want to play but this could be a way of forcing signings. I mean if you look at Uniteds activity so far it has been nothing short of pathetic.

I think he wants out he knows he doesn't really fit the new managers style, he knows we're not going to win anything significant for a while and he probably doesn't want to take the pay cut so he's decided to move on.

If the right offers don't come to make that happen I expect he'll dust himself down and get on with it next season but he wants a move and it's probably best for everyone that it happens but it has to suit the club as well as him which means no prem club and a small transfer fee to cover what we still owe on him.

Over to you Jorge Mendes go find the buyers.

PSG with Neymar coming the other way seems to be gaining traction. He's got a 5 yr deal on 600k a week. Be a madness to take that on.

But wouldn't surprise you.

I'm confused, do you mean we get Neymar?

If that is true I'm done with united.

That would be a horrendous deal for us.

Just give us £5m and take Ronaldo you can keep Neymar he's your problem.

Also, lets be honest there's no way Neymar accepts that move.

Neymar would accept any move where the money was good, why else join PSG.

Totally motivated by money. I can definitely see the Glazers doing an absolutely stupid deal like that.

MEN saying a possible swap deal with Kante is an option

Kante is a player I absolutely love. But we've missed the boat on him no longer having the same effect on games he was. Would be a good signing but not for long. Would have preferred Bissouma at this point.

Reactions: RVN
Neymar isn't going to swap Paris for Manchester part of that move to PSG is also the lifestyle, assuming he gives a toss about football anymore he also wants to win stuff and Utd is the last place he would come. Also, if ETH is being consulted I would imagine the last player he'd want to replace Ronaldo with is Neymar.

Kante is a great idea if we're going back to 2016 but we've missed the boat on him injuries are starting to catch up to him and at this point he'd be a bad idea. If we're going for a centre mid I'd take Gallagher or Kovacic ahead of Kante now.

Not sure why swaps are even being talked about Utd need to be talking cash £5m to any club on the continent £50m to any club in the prem. If Chelsea want to talk swaps give us Havertz and you can have Ronaldo.

Certain reports saying we have now decided to let him leave if the right offer comes along.

Overall I think it is best if we part ways - we need to start afresh with ETH and build for the future. Ronaldo is not the future - he would probably do a job next season but that could be of detriment to how ETH wants us to play.

Think I saw something from Bayern ruling them out.

I really don't see the appeal of Chelsea to Ronaldo I'd also massively question if Tuchel would want Ronaldo as he doesn't really fit the way a typical Tuchel side likes to play and his life at PSG was made harder by trying to keep ego mad superstars happy.

It would stink of new boss deal for sure.

I don't think BM are interested either, was it Khan who said something like that, no chance? rumour is De Ligt has been talked into joining them and his agent has stopped talking to Chelsea.

I did read that Chelsea's new owner were quite keen to give Tuchel what he wants rather than sign players for him.

Would just be a strange place for them to focus when they've lost key players from their defence surely the focus needs to be on finding some centre backs to replace Rudiger and Christensen. Still talk that Azpilucueta & Alonso could leave this summer both apparently are wanted by Barcelona.

Napoli is the only other name I saw floated for Ronaldo.

Sadly I think this will drag on all summer Juventus wanted him out last summer and it went to the wire until someone actually started to show some interest.

He gets away wth too much, not going on tour, stropping off the pitch while not thanking fans, not turning up to matchday squads with "injury" after being benched.

He's bad news for team spirit.

Story now seems to be that he is expected to join up with Utd for the Australia leg of the tour they play in Thailand on Tuesday before heading over to Australia.

Did see someone reporting that what Bayern have said in public might not be what they're actually thinking and that if Barca do stump up the cash for Lewendowski they might look to bring Ronaldo in for 1 season while they look for a more long term replacement.

I read he won't join the tour at all
This guy is a serious problem for ETH. Let him leave as soon as possible, is the best option. Hope he already know his next club and that doesn't depend on if another players leave.

Time to walk away from Antony(which would be a shame but ....) so Ronaldo and £20m for Gnabry?

Time to walk away from Antony(which would be a shame but ....) so Ronaldo and £20m for Gnabry?
Not sure we should go for a Bayern reject. Lot of the time they sell players in decline. See Hargreaves, Tolliso, Douglas Costa. They have the eye to get great players but have no problem selling them once they decline.

Not sure we should go for a Bayern reject. Lot of the time they sell players in decline. See Hargreaves, Tolliso, Douglas Costa. They have the eye to get great players but have no problem selling them once they decline.

He's hardly in decline, he's scored 10 or more goals in each of his 6 Bundesliga seasons(the last 4 @ Bayern) with his best 14 only last season, and he's one of the first names on the teamsheet for the National team and has been for quite some time, not bad for a guy who couldn't get a game on loan at West Brom.

He'll probably renew @ Bayern but till he does we should be in his agents ear, and if he does sign we should ask Bayern about Sane who hasn't pulled up trees there and would more be a like for like with Antony than Gnabry.

We'd make it worth their while financially, and who knows the might both feel they've got unfinished business in England.

He's hardly in decline, he's scored 10 or more goals in each of his 6 Bundesliga seasons(the last 4 @ Bayern) with his best 14 only last season, and he's one of the first names on the teamsheet for the National team and has been for quite some time, not bad for a guy who couldn't get a game on loan at West Brom.

He'll probably renew @ Bayern but till he does we should be in his agents ear, and if he does sign we should ask Bayern about Sane who hasn't pulled up trees there and would more be a like for like with Antony than Gnabry.

We'd make it worth their while financially, and who knows the might both feel they've got unfinished business in England.
They don't want to come to Europa United. They love the CL. I will be surprises if one of them come this way. Also, 10 goals from the wing is not impressive. I expect 20 from a Bayern wingers.

They don't want to come to Europa United. They love the CL. I will be surprises if one of them come this way. Also, 10 goals from the wing is not impressive. I expect 20 from a Bayern wingers.

Seriously, how old are you?

I know he had quite a few injuries but Arjen Robben one of the finest wingers seen anywhere in Europe for the last 30 years never got 20 Bundesliga goals in a season, his best being 17, and in 4 of his 10 seasons at Bayern he didn't even get to double figures.

Seriously, how old are you?

I know he had quite a few injuries but Arjen Robben one of the finest wingers seen anywhere in Europe for the last 30 years never got 20 Bundesliga goals in a season, his best being 17, and in 4 of his 10 seasons at Bayern he didn't even get to double figures.
I'm 37 yo and i stand by my judgment. They will not come to United because of no CL. Sorry for the 10 goals, i was thinking all competitions, international included.

Stories over the weekend that Chelsea are out of the frame now as Tuchel doesn't want him.

They may go for Lewendowski instead.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Couldn't say anything else really, Barca have said for months de Jong is not for sale when he so obviously is, unless they've been touting him around Europe for giggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back