Ronaldo Has Left - He's gone and it's the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Reports today suggesting Ronaldo is speaking with his agent about looking for options for next season.

Feels to me like a good time to call it a day with him at the end of the season the reunion hasn't worked out as hoped no one is really benefitting from the arrangement.

See if another club is willing to cough up his wages and a bit of a transfer fee to take him off our hands. Utd would only need about £6m for the FFP offset.

Options becoming more and more limited for him.

Maybe PSG for a bit of razzle dazzle and the dream team Messi/Ronaldo combo?

Other than that it's back to Portugal maybe wind things down at Sporting for a few years but to do that he'd need to take a big pay cut.

We difinitely need to part ways and look to the future.

It was a good idea, but it's not worked

It reminds me a bit of the Sanchez one really it's not quite been as big a disaster but we've kind of done something we didn't really need to do through pure opportunism and it's back fired on us.

I get why they didn't want to risk seeing Ronaldo turn up at City and in theory this should have worked out but it hasn't.

With hindsight I think we did need a striker in the summer if we didn't have Ronaldo we'd have been short this season and that was before the Greenwood situation.

Maybe the highlight of the Ronaldo second term is he's finally got Martial to leave even if it's just on loan.

I mean the problem United have is the mass exodus coming this summer. And whilst in a lot of cases that's a good thing I don't think they can replace them all so that's going to be an issue.

Rumours are he's very unhappy with the the way the squad is looking, ie. same as last year.

Open to a move to Bayern Muncich if they sell Lewandowski

Heard a few people saying the source of the stories about him not being impressed came from people closely linked to his agent.

I don't read to much into them if Ronaldo wanted a move his agent is well connected enough to be picking up the phone to the big hitters to sound them out. If a club with realistic chances of winning titles next season was open to taking him I'm sure that offer would be put to Utd but who's going to pay him £30m in wages for 1 season?

You can't really blame him though can you. I mean I think if he is unhappy then that's good as it shows he cares and of course he wants to win.

I think Ronaldo knows he's got nowhere to go his focus next season will be on the World Cup and trying to help Utd back into the top 4 but after that I expect he'll be gone.

He knows next season is going to be rough with all the change but he's kind of stuck with it unless he's willing to take a massive pay cut and go back to Portugal. His days at the big boys in Europe are over.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Headline deceiving.

If Chelsea want to buy him send us an offer I don’t think Ronaldo would be willing to make that move anyway.

Mendes represents a load of players Utd could do with a few of them

A non story, it's just his agent doing what agents do.

Think it becomes a story if a club takes the bait and Ronaldo is up for going I don’t see him wanting to join another English side but could easily see him going to another league if a big club that is equipped to win trophies comes in.

Think it becomes a story if a club takes the bait and Ronaldo is up for going I don’t see him wanting to join another English side but could easily see him going to another league if a big club that is equipped to win trophies comes in.

It's a funny one, I hope he stays, but I'd also like to see him going back to Sporting and tear up the Portuguese League for the next 2/3 years.

Think if one of the very biggest clubs came in for him we'd price him out of a move, and rightly so.

It's a funny one, I hope he stays, but I'd also like to see him going back to Sporting and tear up the Portuguese League for the next 2/3 years.

Think if one of the very biggest clubs came in for him we'd price him out of a move, and rightly so.

I dunno we paid 12m for him on the books we only need to get 6m back so I’d expect we’d take a token fee if he wanted to go.

I dunno we paid 12m for him on the books we only need to get 6m back so I’d expect we’d take a token fee if he wanted to go.

So you think we'd sell him to Chelsea or Arsenal for circa £6m if they wanted him and he wanted to join them. Interesting.

So you think we'd sell him to Chelsea or Arsenal for circa £6m if they wanted him and he wanted to join them. Interesting.

Did I say that? You were talking about Sporting or other big clubs.

We just wouldn’t sell to a domestic rival full stop unless he really tried to force it we’d want a big fee for that. If those two wanted him I’d tell them £25-30m see how much they really wanted him. I also doubt Ronaldo would want to move to those two either but I think he’d happily jump ship for a season at City.

If a club on the continent came in we probably would ask for a lower fee.

Talk is he’s happy to stay just wants to make sure he’s got a fighting chance next season with some new signings to help the team.

Got a funny feeling he might be made captain or possibly vice captain that thing between him and Maguire needs to be sorted out by ETH when the players return for pre season.

If he wants to go then that’s fine - for our progression it may not be the worst thing in the world.

Not entirely sure where he would go though. Could do a farewell at Sporting I guess but have a feeling he’ll probably want one final crack at the CL with a club who is in the mix.

I don't believe these stories. He's not going to leave United for sporting yet. There's two clubs he's leaving United for. Bayern who won't pay the wage and PSG who are a bit superstar heavy. I just don't see him leaving

Did I say that? You were talking about Sporting or other big clubs.

We just wouldn’t sell to a domestic rival full stop unless he really tried to force it we’d want a big fee for that. If those two wanted him I’d tell them £25-30m see how much they really wanted him. I also doubt Ronaldo would want to move to those two either but I think he’d happily jump ship for a season at City.

If a club on the continent came in we probably would ask for a lower fee.

Talk is he’s happy to stay just wants to make sure he’s got a fighting chance next season with some new signings to help the team.

Got a funny feeling he might be made captain or possibly vice captain that thing between him and Maguire needs to be sorted out by ETH when the players return for pre season.

Calm down dear, that how your post read, If you'd highlighted/bolded the bit about Sporting I'd have known that's what you meant.

Not sure there was/is a thing, just more made up nonsense from the press knowing some fans would take sides. And by Christ did they.

I don't believe these stories. He's not going to leave United for sporting yet. There's two clubs he's leaving United for. Bayern who won't pay the wage and PSG who are a bit superstar heavy. I just don't see him leaving
To add, if it is true, and we get an offer, we defo should sell

If, if he wants to leave so badly we should just give him a free transfer and bring in Belotti, Dybala and Josh King in on free transfers.

We'll probably end up with DCL from Everton

We'll probably end up with DCL from Everton
They won’t sell him and Richarlison I don’t think.

If he does leave then we do need to replace him but not really sure right now who that would be.

I think Everton would take cash over player

There's always Lewandowski swap available. Joke before JSP enters the fray

I think Everton would take cash over player

There's always Lewandowski swap available. Joke before JSP enters the fray
I don’t think they would sell and his price has dropped dramatically after a difficult season last year.

Would probably take Isak as a replacement actually after thinking about some options.

Failing that, we’ve got Rashford and Martial. :)

Rashford I think deserves a chance through the middle playing ETH football

It would a huge wage off the bill if could sell. And probably help Bruno get back to his best

Why would Lewendowski want to come here?

I think it’s just his agent up to the usual tricks seeing what is out there for his number 1 client did exactly the same last summer when he wanted out of Juve.

If a big enough fish bites he might go but I don’t see Bayern going for him the only big name I could see being tempted is Milan as they look to defend their title and try to advance further in Europe. Think Ronaldo would quite like sticking 2 fingers up at Juve as don’t think he enjoyed the way he was treated at the end and blamed for the clubs decline.

The Sporting stuff I can see I think he knows his body could benefit from a slightly easier league and with other clubs losing stars the league could be open for them to win the title.

If Ronaldo wants to leave If you dont want to play for us then jog on we the fans will always be here And another point the word Manchester United legend gets bandied about quite a lot Ronaldo Schmeichel etc do not and should not be referred to as such great players but Legends no. Legends are the likes of Cantona Scholes Giggs Robbo etc
Anyway rant over
MUFC one love

No where reputable is reporting Ronaldo wants to leave. It's Castles fcol.

However if we imagine it's real. Lewondoski isn't joining us. De Jong is joining us to open space for him to join Barca. Our best option would be to go in for Ings or Toney.

No where reputable is reporting Ronaldo wants to leave. It's Castles fcol.

However if we imagine it's real. Lewondoski isn't joining us. De Jong is joining us to open space for him to join Barca. Our best option would be to go in for Ings or Toney.
Lots of reputable sources state Ronaldo wants to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back