Ronaldo to Leave?

Sideshow Bob

Bit of a statement that with no Martial, Ronaldo is not in the starting XI against Southampton.

RVN

Bit of a statement that with no Martial, Ronaldo is not in the starting XI against Southampton.
As I said on another thread, hard to argue against rewarding the team given the performance on Monday. I guess Ronaldo needs to show he can press with intensity otherwise he does not start.

jsp

I wouldn’t lose much sleep over what managers say in transfer windows.

He also said Utd will strike if the right players are available.

jsp

I'm sure the circus will start up again in January after the world cup maybe we find a way of sorting this then but for now everyone's just got to make the most of a situation that they aren't happy with.

Cruella ne Ville

This will be interesting as ETH doesn't strike me as the type to give a monkey's about anybody's ego, of which Ronaldo has plenty. I'm hoping that this is posturing and if Ronaldo/Mendes can't find a new club, he had better enjoy 15 min cameos and the odd cup match.

jsp

I wonder when he's planning on revealing the truth about this summer?

Also, apparently there's a massive offer on the table for him to go to Saudi in January.

Utd should be looking at strikers for January.

SuperRash

Judging by his performances so far this season, I don’t think a CL is going to touch him to be honest. Potentially a route back to Sporting or an offer from Saudi/MLS may be his best chance of getting some regular football.

Not totalling writing him having an impact for us up until January or beyond because he didn’t have a pre-season, so is going to be rusty but the signs so far are a little worrying.

jsp

Remember when Zlatan came back after his knee injury in the second season and he looked like he'd aged another 10 years in 6 months? That is what Ronaldo looks like to me right now he looks absolutely gone. Over the summer he's lost a yard and at his age I don't think you get that back.

Zlatan was able to rehab himself out in MLS where the standard is a lot lower and come back for a final spell with Milan Ronaldo may need to consider that route take himself away for a year then find the right place to return to.

MLS I think is a bit of a problem for him I reckon that rape allegation makes him very nervous about travelling to the US even though currently it's not something that the courts are willing to consider the accuser hasn't totally given up hope.

My guess is he'll play out the final season with us on his current mega contract but he might retire at the end of the season he doesn't strike me as someone who wants to carry on playing by dropping down levels. Once he can't hack the very top level anymore it's time to call it a day.

Cruella ne Ville

Pretty sure that Saudi offer was there in the summer but he wanted to hold out for CL football. It's hard to see that happening now, unless he reinvents himself, is willing to drop way down to a CL minnow (who wouldn't be able to afford his wages) or Sporting wants a homecoming.

Not sure how much truth there is in the rumours that he wants to ensure he outscores Messi in the CL.

jsp

Pretty sure that Saudi offer was there in the summer but he wanted to hold out for CL football. It's hard to see that happening now, unless he reinvents himself, is willing to drop way down to a CL minnow (who wouldn't be able to afford his wages) or Sporting wants a homecoming.

Not sure how much truth there is in the rumours that he wants to ensure he outscores Messi in the CL.

Not sure that’s a rumour he clearly wants to protect his records and set the bar as high as possible but it feels like his days in the CL are over even if he massively dropped his wages.

Saudi are apparently going to bid for the 2030 World Cup so they would likely pay whatever it takes to get Ronaldo on board. They’d have almost no chance of winning as it’s pretty much nailed on for Europe or South America but money always talks.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now