Ronaldo to Leave?

Mr C

It does sound like his agent has been touting him about this summer.

Bad form really. Should have said weeks ago he wanted out.

I am happy for him to go, I don't think we should have ever resigned him. Let's just get it done quick. Don't need a stroppy Ronaldo about the place.

jsp

It comes down to who knew what and when really and we'll probably never know that as the club isn't going to make that sort of stuff public for all we know he told them months ago and it's just been kept quiet.

If he wants to go and we can find a club that isn't a direct rival for us then let him go no point keeping unhappy players we've gone down that road before.

I personally wouldn't rule out him trying to squeeze Utd to up his wages so he doesn't have to take the hit.

Justin Cider

It would have been in the clubs best interest to let everybody know Ronaldo wanted to leave as soon as he'd told them, and his agent would have let it slip as well if true, no this is a recent thing, and partly because United haven't signed the players he may have wanted them to, yet!

RichH2016

I am happy for him to go, I don't think we should have ever resigned him. Let's just get it done quick. Don't need a stroppy Ronaldo about the place
I don't disagree despite being a huge Ronaldo fan. I think in general if United can move him on then they should if he really doesn't want to be at the club. The problem is the club are once again making a hash of their transfers and what they don't need is to need to go and get another player. They already need a CB, 2 x CMs and a RW. Not to mention a RB but at this point that's not going to happen.

IDFD

I actually think this is a Rooney to City move. He's trying to force the club in to signings. Everywhere you look he's happy to stay if the club makes signings. He's not happy as all of us aren't with the lack of activity and is making a move. Will they call his bluff.

Mr C

nah, he wants CL and self glory.

And we do need to sell him, he wont fit with ETH football.

RichH2016

I actually think this is a Rooney to City move. He's trying to force the club in to signings. Everywhere you look he's happy to stay if the club makes signings. He's not happy as all of us aren't with the lack of activity and is making a move. Will they call his bluff.
You could be right there! I have my reservations about whether he's a fit for the style ETH is going to want to play but this could be a way of forcing signings. I mean if you look at Uniteds activity so far it has been nothing short of pathetic.

jsp

I think he wants out he knows he doesn't really fit the new managers style, he knows we're not going to win anything significant for a while and he probably doesn't want to take the pay cut so he's decided to move on.

If the right offers don't come to make that happen I expect he'll dust himself down and get on with it next season but he wants a move and it's probably best for everyone that it happens but it has to suit the club as well as him which means no prem club and a small transfer fee to cover what we still owe on him.

Over to you Jorge Mendes go find the buyers.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now