Ronaldo Has Left - He's gone and it's the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The team performed worse with him in it that is the other side of the numbers. Ole clearly didn’t plan for him coming it was a last minute sh*t he’s going to sign for City panic buy. There was no thought about how to play him, his last 2 clubs played him as part of a front 2 we were never going to play that way and on his own up top he struggled as did those around him.

Ten Hag gave him playing time and he made him part of the team despite his desire to leave in the summer but Ronaldo kept breaking rules and had to be punished.

I like Ronaldo but him coming back was a disaster and the way he behaved on the way out was incredibly unprofessional and tarnished his legacy at the club.

If you get the chance to sign somebody of the standing of Ronaldo you have to consider it, and worry about how you're going to fit him in when you've signed him, not before, it was a punt, and you can maybe say it didn't work, but it gave Rashford, Martial, Sancho et al another 12/18 months game time experience playing for United without having the full responsibility of having to score all the goals, and we may well benefit from that going forward.

EtH might have given him play-time, but he didn't do him any favours how he used him, or how he set the team up around him, it was almost as though he hoped he would fail so he would have reason to leave him out - EtH's way or the highway. I'm the boss mate.

He broke the rules once when he left the ground early, and that with several other players let's not forget, the second-time he was a breaking point after EtH tried to humiliate him by asking him to come on for a few minutes in a game already won and if him telling his side of the story in the ill-advised interview(he had no control on when it would be broadcast), and a telling a few home-truths that got certain people at Old Trafford jumpy, maybe he didn't have that much of a legacy to start with.

Olé had a decent team building and we started the season well. As soon as Ronaldo came in our most influential player, Bruno, form dropped. And the team went from a group to cliques.

You cannot have a player who thinks he's bigger than the manager.
His attitude stinks, apparently he was trouble behind the scenes (same for Portugal at the WC) he stropped of the pitch without acknowledging the fans several times, one time breaking a young girls phone.

If he's asked to come on for 1 minute then he comes on, why is it humiliating for him and not another player? Is he above the team?

He wasn't getting picked because his form was terrible.

His interview was one of the worst things a player has done. How can you say United chase money and then go to Saudi.

Piers said something like, if this was about money you'd be in Saudi, and he said something like, yes, I could, it's not about money I want to compete for the big titles.

Clearly everyone in football apart from Ronaldo knows he is barely an average footballer now. Which is why nobody came for him. Too much trouble because of his attitude for very little gain.

Even the marketing numbers didn't sway people.
He has sullied his reputation and I'm pleased he is gone. Now United are on the back pages with positive press. Not th Ronaldo story.

And more importantly we look like a team again.

ETH couldn't have handled it better

If you get the chance to sign somebody of the standing of Ronaldo you have to consider it, and worry about how you're going to fit him in when you've signed him, not before, it was a punt, and you can maybe say it didn't work, but it gave Rashford, Martial, Sancho et al another 12/18 months game time experience playing for United without having the full responsibility of having to score all the goals, and we may well benefit from that going forward.

EtH might have given him play-time, but he didn't do him any favours how he used him, or how he set the team up around him, it was almost as though he hoped he would fail so he would have reason to leave him out - EtH's way or the highway. I'm the boss mate.

He broke the rules once when he left the ground early, and that with several other players let's not forget, the second-time he was a breaking point after EtH tried to humiliate him by asking him to come on for a few minutes in a game already won and if him telling his side of the story in the ill-advised interview(he had no control on when it would be broadcast), and a telling a few home-truths that got certain people at Old Trafford jumpy, maybe he didn't have that much of a legacy to start with.
Tried to humiliate him? Give over this narrative. If a manager asks you to go on then it doesn’t matter if it’s the 9th minute or the 90th minute. But he’s a super professional right?

His interview was one of the worst things a player has done.

ETH couldn't have handled it better

Eric Cantona jumped feet first into the crowd - Hero
Rio Ferdinand misses a drugs test, get's suspended for 9 months costing the team titles, and when he comes back instead of feeling guilty and keeping his head down asks for a pay rise within a year like nothing had happened - Hero
Paul Scholes, before he was established refused to travel and play for United - Hero

The list is endless, but Ronaldo does an interview, and we all knew it was coming and he's demonised, get a grip ffs

And i'll ask you and @SuperRash, I presume you were both watching the game live/as live, what did you think when EtH sent Ronaldo out to warm-up with minutes to go when the match was already won, did you not think it strange, and i'm sorry but if you say no you're lying, or were too pissed to know it was Ronaldo, and how long was left.

Eric Cantona is a hero for doing that in my opinion.

I won't go into my thoughts on Rio, great player with Vidic though.

Scholes got rightly punished for refusing to play, didn't whinge about it, but fought for his place back.

Ronaldo did an interview, while still employed by united, basically slagging off the club, the players and the manager. Unacceptable. He is never about the team, always about Ronaldo. I can't bear the man.

On the storming off, he is employed to do as he's told, whether for a minute or 90, I see players coming on for the last minute every weekend. Petulant behavior.

There are not many united players I hold up outside football to be fair.

Right i'll turn this round, imagine you were the Manager for the day, yep we've all done it! Would you have asked Ronaldo to come on with minutes to go when you weren't chasing the game, and when there were youngsters on the bench that could've got invaluable experience being on the pitch at full-time after we'd beaten one of our main rivals for T4, and what possibly could you have learned by sending Ronaldo on?

It's irrelevant what I would do, he was asked to come on, and therefore should have. He could have gone the manager after the game if he had a problem. Not turn it into the Ronaldo show.

I don't see the problem, we paid him a lot of money to play for the club. He is there do what the manager says, not try and manage the club himself.

If you have a prOblem with ETH and his decisions that's your look out. I think he's brilliant for the club.

Forget your dislike of Ronaldo, would you have sent him on in that situation unless you were trying to humiliate him and knowing how he would react, so that's no, thank you.

Close the bloody thread it serves no purpose, whatsoever.

It's irrelvant, he was asked to go on, and should have. If ETH was trying to get him to rise to something, I'm sure there was good reason, maybe he was trying to force him out because he was so much trouble behind the scenes. Who knows, who cares. None of that is relevant. He should have gone on because he was contracted to do as the manager asked.
He didn't like that he wasn't the big boss any more, didn't have someone to walk over, but had a manager with set ideas. So he threw his dummy out the pram, it backfired, and now he's playing in Saudi where nobody cares.

we should close this thread, because you can't see what everybody else in football could. He got dropped by united, dropped by Portugal forced a move (just like he did at Juve) but in this case it backfired, nobody thinks he is any good now apart from him, and rich Saudi's with too much money. And all those clubs he thought would come in for him weren't there.

He even ignored his agent, to jump onboard with yes men. The emperors new clothes.

Eric Cantona jumped feet first into the crowd - Hero
Rio Ferdinand misses a drugs test, get's suspended for 9 months costing the team titles, and when he comes back instead of feeling guilty and keeping his head down asks for a pay rise within a year like nothing had happened - Hero
Paul Scholes, before he was established refused to travel and play for United - Hero

The list is endless, but Ronaldo does an interview, and we all knew it was coming and he's demonised, get a grip ffs

And i'll ask you and @SuperRash, I presume you were both watching the game live/as live, what did you think when EtH sent Ronaldo out to warm-up with minutes to go when the match was already won, did you not think it strange, and i'm sorry but if you say no you're lying, or were too pissed to know it was Ronaldo, and how long was left.
If you cannot see how bad it was that he refused to come on against Spurs then I give up and I won’t bother

Also we knew some sort of interview was coming but not when he slated the club repeatedly. He has self delusions of grandeur.

Agreed about closing the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back