Ronaldo Has Left - He's gone and it's the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not only one who thought it, set us back a couple of seasons, and millions signing him. He'll never be above Messi for me, too selfish. Look at Benzema since he left

Can't think of any other thread that's been locked because a player left United. Care to elaborate?

Fortunately many people on this forum aren't Ronaldo love boys and can appreciate he's declined as a player.

One day you'll eventually get to the level where you realise a 37 yr old Ronaldo isn't the same as a 25 yr old Ronaldo. It's growth and I think you'll manage it.

Till such time that you would talk like that to my face, and trust me, and I don't care how big you are, you wouldn't, knock that shit on the head.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

EtH

Dinnertime - "Let's draw a line under it"

Teatime - "But it was Ronaldo's fault"

I mean, £3m a week for 3 years (almost half a billion quid in total) isn't something I'd turn down, but if a CL club was interested I think he'd jump at the chance. Realistically, the World Cup couldn't have gone worse for him and his attempts to cling to relevancy.

I mean, £3m a week for 3 years (almost half a billion quid in total) isn't something I'd turn down, but if a CL club was interested I think he'd jump at the chance. Realistically, the World Cup couldn't have gone worse for him and his attempts to cling to relevancy.

Ssshhh, you'll be having Michael Knighton and the Red Knights taping him up to see if he wants to be part of consortium to buy United.

For a man who's parting shot was united chase money, he looks more daft by the day
Nobody serious was going to employ him after that interview

Wonder how many flights a week to Madrid(presume that's where his family is) he's managed to get in his contract, i'm going two.

Going out with a whimper.

I presume when he says he wants to experience a new league and culture, it roughly translates into this was my only option and I’m getting a shedload of moolah, so happy days!

Shame Utd couldnt get the Saudi’s to chuck us a transfer fee as part of the deal.

Wonder which tv channel will start broadcast Al Nassr's matches live now to help them claim some of the money back?

QUEST, Legend, 4seven, Crime+Inv, QuestRed, RealityXtra, Great! tv, Channel 7, Blaze, Really, Gold or YESTERDAY.

Or maybe just the GOD channel.

Ahhh, that Newcastle angle possibly explains his indecisiveness in agreeing to a contract that means he'll probably never have to worry if he can afford to put the heating on again.

Jorge Mendes didn’t represent him in his latest deal.

Apparently they split after he ignored Mendes advice and did the Piers Morgan interview.

I honestly think he’s on a Kanye West style path of self destruction.

the club went down from the day he re joined

Hindsight is wonderful, but at the time he joined it gave everybody at the club lift, and if his ubber-professionalism hadn't rubbed up some of the easy-street slackers so much his 2nd spell at the club might have been more successful.

Hindsight is wonderful, but at the time he joined it gave everybody at the club lift, and if his ubber-professionalism hadn't rubbed up some of the easy-street slackers so much his 2nd spell at the club might have been more successful.

If they actually had a plan on how he’d fit into the side it might of worked.

His me me me attitude became another headache for Ole who I don’t blame for taking him. If you get the chance to have Ronaldo in your team you take him it’s easy to forget that Pep wanted him and Klopp was pretty annoyed that Utd got him back.

Just got him 3 or 4 years to late, the PL is the last place you want to be playing when your legs start going as his were clearly doing.

All very sad how it ended but I feel the ugliness is all down to him.

Yes he was the model of a professional.

If they actually had a plan on how he’d fit into the side it might of worked.

His me me me attitude became another headache for Ole who I don’t blame for taking him. If you get the chance to have Ronaldo in your team you take him it’s easy to forget that Pep wanted him and Klopp was pretty annoyed that Utd got him back.

Just got him 3 or 4 years to late, the PL is the last place you want to be playing when your legs start going as his were clearly doing.

All very sad how it ended but I feel the ugliness is all down to him.

Think the plan was a simple one, for him to convert a higher % of chances than our miss-firing strikers Rashford, Martial et al had the previous season(s), and the fact he scored 24 in a team low on confidence, with 3 different Managers all using different tactics, suggest he did exactly what he was brought in to do.

Well if you absolve EtH of all blame, you probably would.

Yes he was the model of a professional.

On striving every day despite his age to be at the top level fitness-wise to give his all every single time he was selected to play, yes

Reminds me, what the latest on Sancho? Has he broke into a jog yet, wouldn't want the poor lad to overdo it.

Think the plan was a simple one, for him to convert a higher % of chances than our miss-firing strikers Rashford, Martial et al had the previous season(s), and the fact he scored 24 in a team low on confidence, with 3 different Managers all using different tactics, suggest he did exactly what he was brought in to do.

Well if you absolve EtH of all blame, you probably would.

The team performed worse with him in it that is the other side of the numbers. Ole clearly didn’t plan for him coming it was a last minute sh*t he’s going to sign for City panic buy. There was no thought about how to play him, his last 2 clubs played him as part of a front 2 we were never going to play that way and on his own up top he struggled as did those around him.

Ten Hag gave him playing time and he made him part of the team despite his desire to leave in the summer but Ronaldo kept breaking rules and had to be punished.

I like Ronaldo but him coming back was a disaster and the way he behaved on the way out was incredibly unprofessional and tarnished his legacy at the club.

Don't know why you're trying to argue it JSP. Some people are so lost in Ronaldo they can't think straight about it. It's a strange cult like mentality where they simply can't see he aged overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back