Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not sure he's worth that much though... He obviously unexpectedly started the season and did so well but since then I don't think he's featured much? A talent no doubt but that's a lot of money to pay for someone who hasn't really featured for West Ham after promising so much.

Huge talent - for me would be well worth the 10 million price. Basing that purely on watching him at last summers Euro under 17's championships, he looked a class above. Reminded me of Rio with a bit more grit.

See I just can't see that he's worth this kind of money? He's a good player but it seems like a lot to me.

Plus he's young so would Jose play him?! Or would he loan him out or waste him on the bench?

I think you need to get worth in terms of money out of your head. They are rarely worth the money we pay for them. To me it doesn't sound that much tbh

This sort of money is going to become the norm for youngsters. £25-30m is pretty standard for a first team player now. £50m+ needed to buy real quality.

If we are interested and get him, we're going to have a very good stable of CB's coming through with Tuanzebe, Williams and Poole.

Would we use him in defence or midfield though? Because I think we'd use him in midfield but I guess that depends on where Jose sees Fosu-Mensah playing really. One will probably play defence, the other midfield.

Had forgotten he actually played in midfield to be honest. That Arsenal game seems ages ago now. Not seen him since. Fosu-Mensah more of an all round midfielder, is Oxford just a DM? Both could be seen as midfielders.

I think these are all good young players but we need some ready made quality in midfield

Completely agree mate! Bring in Oxford by all means but we still need a proven Central midfield player who can influence the game when we are in possession. Makes sense to buy for the future and I'm all for it but only as long as its with proven players as well.

I think West Ham will want a stupid amount of money, as they clearly have no semblance of worth in the transfer market. Firstly they think Payet is worth £100m, when he is nearly 30. And then they bid £30m for every player with a half decent goal scoring record. They are an idiotic club and would be a pain to negotiate with. Oxford is a superb young player but I think we would be fleeced.

I don't think we should go above maybe 15m. If West Ham want more than that then we would tell them where to go. He's a very good young player but still unproven at the highest level.

9m plus’s add ons is a hell of a fee if Leipzig want him surely he can get in a weak West Ham side?

Seems the kids are very happy to go abroad now to develop.

Yeah very strange one with him as everyone raves about his potential but he has never been given a sniff by West Ham, who as you say are not exactly world beaters at the back.

Yeah he had that great game vs Arsenal on the opening day 2 1/2 Year’s ago then he’s barely been seen or heard of assume he’s about 20 now as he was a young kid.

Just searched he’s 19 and has made 3 loan appearances at Monchengladbach this season.

West Ham appearances 7
Reading (loan) appearances 5
Borrusia (loan) appearances 3

15 senior appearances and a club is paying 9m euro plus add ons.

My guess is they’re looking to develop him and sell him back to PL in 2 years time at treble what they paid.

I just don’t understand why this kid isn’t getting a chance at West Ham if he’s that highly rated would seem like there’s something else going on we don’t know about.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back