Random Academy shorts.

Justin Cider

Malachi Sharpe, a winger, one of the Derby three, who has started 4 games for the 18s this season( with one goal) started and scored for Scotland u17 against Northern Ireland in a Euro qualifier on Wednesday, and Jack Kingdom a central defender who made his United debut for the 18s in the last game of last season but hasn't featured this year, came on as a substitute for Scotland in the same match.

Justin Cider

United's u18 side who dominated for large periods of the game scored two late goals to draw 2-2 away to Derby County this morning, with Manni Norkett(p) and Ethan Ennis getting the goals.

boothstownred

Should have won the game. I tend to think I am getting really biased in my old age. Garnacho getting sent off for reacting to getting pulled back for about the sixth time really pissed me off.

Justin Cider

Yeah should have been out of sight in the first-half ....

Not biased, the standard of Refs at that level is a joke, as soon as a a United player makes a name for himself, and Garnacho has been flying this year, they are systematically targeted by the opposition and the Refs do sod all about, but take pride in booking or sending them off if they retaliate, it was the same with Mejbri last year.

Justin Cider

Impressive from a very young United side to beat and deserve to beat Atalanta who are no mugs at this level home and away in the last two matches, more so considering Villarreal gave United the run around at home(1-4)in the 2nd group match.

Be very surprised if Villarreal don't at least get to the Semis. United unlikely, but next year ....

Justin Cider

Very young starting XI for the 18s v Forest today with Jurado, Bennett, Mainoo, McNeil, Hansen-Aarøen, Kambwala, Garnacho and Ennis all up with the 23s playing Leeds United at the same time,

Vitek
Ogunneye
Murray
Aljofree
Fredricson
Oyedele
Gore
Forson
Moorhouse*
Mather
Norkett

Wooster
Kingdon
Berry
Nolan
Giggs

*debut

Justin Cider

The 18's won 0-2(Norkett and Mather), and the 23's beat Leeds Utd 3-2, Amad with two goals, and an assist for Charlie McNeil.

Justin Cider

The 18s drew 2-2 away to Burnley yesterday, with u15 midfielder Jack Moorhouse with his first goal, and Manni Norkett the scorers.

Justin Cider

Not a great performance but credit to the 19s coming from behind to win(1-2) at Villarreal who showed us our backsides(1-4) at the Leigh Sports Village earlier in our UEFA youth League group.

McNeil and Mather the scorers.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now