Radamel Falcao | Match Discussion thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

se7en

2014/15 match discussion thread for our first Colombian player.

Falcao will be in action at 2am on Saturday against Bra71l

Leicester City - 21/9/2014

Not fully fit or sharp. Considering he was described as not being effective outside the box I was impressed by that side of his game. Very good cross for van Persie. Very nearly a wonderful goal.

Shame the volley effort hit the bar, it would have been brilliant goal.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

West Ham United - 27/9/2014

Everton - 5/10/2014

Vital first goal. Movement been getting better with each game but felt he was trying to force the issue of scoring. Now he's got one I think he could fly.

Yeah and taking shots from too far out too. Elsewhere, he's always scored in his first game I believe and after that didn't stop.

El Salvador - 10/10/14

Injury believed to be "not serious". Chelsea game "came too soon for him".

Falcao's father has said that the injury was 2-3 weeks (from the time he got injured). So should be back after the international break. Will not be involved in Colombia's games over the international break either.

I would really love to believe him as I think he is a top player but he does seem to be injured a lot. Not even sure I know what this injury is.

Van Gaal confirms Falcao will return to full training with the first team on Sunday.

Falcao: "Back to training 100% and ready to help the team in the next games."

Aston Villa - 20/12/2014

Top header.

[vine]https://vine.co/v/OXquP3MUqqr[/vine]

Thought he ran out of puff a bit. Was surprised to see him kept on over Van Persie for this reason. Thought he showed good movement and took his goal really well. His goals always look very stylish. Need him to keep scoring.

We need to get him involved more in front of goal. The front 2 see very little of the ball.

Great goal. Did look like he tired towards the end but it's a positive that he's got 90 minutes under his belt. Hopefully gets a good run in the side now.

Van Gaal on Falcao: "Falcao is also dependable on his team-mates. He can be in great form, but the team has to be in great form. That allows Falcao to show his qualities. When the cross is not coming from Ashley Young, then he cannot show what he has done in the last match."

Newcastle United - 26/12/2014

No goal but very good 60 mins from him. Set up the first, won the ball back for the 2nd. Better movement today from the front 2 as a pair, weren't making the same runs, caused problems for Newcastle.

His movement was fantastic and helps to create space for others.

Tottenham Hotspur - 28/12/2014

Struggling with pace and strength of the Prem? Only noticeable today so maybe just not up to 2 games in 3 days physically.

Wilson probably would have come on but for injuries/knocks in defence.

I was surprised he started both games. He had jelly legs in the second half.

Dispossessed 9 times during the game. He was bullied. Hopefully just a case of being too tired to fight.

Stoke City - 1/1/2015

Was Falcao's first touch inconsistent prior to injury?

Thought his first touch was poor today before the goal and then a lot better afterwards. Lacking confidence? I think he really wants a permanent deal and is maybe putting himself under a lot of pressure because of this. His work rate today and at other times this season seems to be really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back