Race For Top Four 2021/22

You knew as soon as we dropped points at Leicester that one of these teams would drop points.

Head to head between Spurs and Arsenal now.

It’s not beyond the realms that we can still make top four as we are only 3 points behind Spurs and Arsenal - albeit Arsenal having a game in hand.

We would have to go to Liverpool and Arsenal and win both you would imagine. So very unlikely and it doesn’t help that we are beyond awful!

It’s not beyond the realms that we can still make top four as we are only 3 points behind Spurs and Arsenal - albeit Arsenal having a game in hand.

We would have to go to Liverpool and Arsenal and win both you would imagine. So very unlikely and it doesn’t help that we are beyond awful!

Part 2 rules out part 1.

I don't think we'll even beat Everton.

8 games 6 wins and a draw probably gets us 4th but there's no way we're getting that sort of run going as this lot couldn't care less.

Spurs and Arsenal are only 3 ahead with some games can’t see either on them winning 6 of their remaining games.

Arsenal have mounting injury problems too that could really hurt them but Spurs seem to be clicking into gear after the horrendous run maybe Conte has finally found the formula with these players.

The problem United have is they aren't very consistent. They may well beat Arsenal, they could cause an upset and beat Liverpool (unlikely yes) but they'll drop points in other games. They don't string wins together and that's what they'd need to do to have a chance.

Losses for Spurs and Arsenal has opened up a chink of light. Three points behind Spurs with six to play.

Arsenal have really imploded, they looked nailed on a few games ago with their great form.

Win vs Arsenal next weekend and we are 100% in the race.

3 very average sides chasing that 4th spot

Are you forgetting the Liverpool battering.

Our top 4 chances finished ages ago

You're delusional about the state of the squad and team. We've just been beaten by Everton who were the worst team in league. And Norwich, who had only scored 20, all season put 2 past us

And this is football not war ffs. But despite that it's the team that are spineless

Well as crap as we’ve been, the fact we are only three points off a top four spot means there is always a chance.

Anything at Anfield would be a huge bonus but it’ll be the other 5 games that decide where we finish Utd probably need 4 wins and a draw from them to get that 4th spot.

Win at Arsenal next weekend and it’s still on.

Injuries have piled up though 5 players currently out 4 of them players who are starting XI players I don’t see us coping well against anyone with those players out but we shall see.

You're delusional about the state of the squad and team. We've just been beaten by Everton who were the worst team in league. And Norwich, who had only scored 20, all season put 2 past us

And this is football not war ffs. But despite that it's the team that are spineless

This squad of players not so long ago set a record for most comeback wins in a season, scored a record amount of goals for a United side in an extended sequence of games, went undefeated away from home in the PL for more than a season, and got to 3 semi-finals and a final, and i'm delusional, lol

Their confidence is on the floor at the minute that's all, it happens, but ability wise the squad is more than good enough.

I mean how are we even in this race still truth is we aren't it's a two way shoot out between Spurs and Arsenal now should make that re-arranged north London derby pretty tasty in a few weeks.

For Utd the Europa league or conference league beckons think it's 5th and 6th into the Europa now and 7th in the conference although if West Ham win the Europa that might change things as they'll go into the CL as a 5th English side so not sure if that impacts the other spots.

there is no way are in this race, and haven't been for months.

I just hope we don't end up in that really dodgy Euro comp

I agree, the run of game we have from Everton untill now was too hard in your current form. We will also get beat by Chelsea too. It's depresing.

Why not?

Whichever one we're in it's Thursday night football and I'm sure our travelling fans will enjoy visiting some new places.

Great chance for the young players to get tested in some hostile places too.

I say bring it on I think a season out of europe is worse than being in the weaker competitions.

Pretty much guaranteed European football now Wolves lost today 6 behind with 3 games to play can’t seem them getting ahead of us.

not sure what happens if West Ham and Leicester both win their European comps I assume we just get an extra European spot for next season meaning 7th still goes into the conference.

Pretty much guaranteed European football now Wolves lost today 6 behind with 3 games to play can’t seem them getting ahead of us.
Shame really. I think United would have really benefited from a season without Europa League or Europa conference football.

I wouldn’t want us to miss out on European football in any form to be honest. Yes it’s not as good to be in the EL as it is for the CL - but it’s a good opportunity to get a trophy in the cabinet for ETH.

I can see the benefits of just focusing on domestic football and our squad could be a little thinner after this summer. However, it could be a good opportunity to blood a few youngsters as well.

Shame really. I think United would have really benefited from a season without Europa League or Europa conference football.

I think the opposite we need the matches to practise the new system keep the kids here and give them chances see who can adapt to the system and if they do well bring them into the league games. 5 subs next season in league matches so more scope to manage the squad.

Being in the second or third tier competition means less pressure if we go out in the group stages who even cares just use the 6 games to train the system.

I also think as a team it’s good to have that 2 games a week rhythm as top teams have to cope with that.

Not all the kids will make the cut but give them a go.

Spurs blew the race back open last night thrashing Arsenal 3-0.

Arsenal also lost Holding to suspension and Gabriel went off injured so they're struggling at centre back going into the last 2 games of the season.

Spurs now 1 point behind with the better goal difference.

Spurs remaining games are Burnley (h) and Norwich (a) that should be 6 points
Arsenal remaining games are Newcastle (a) and Everton (h). I don't see them getting 6 points from those two games with the injuries they've currently got.

Spurs play Sunday so they've got the chance to really put the pressure on Arsenal who play on the Monday night game.

Spurs blew the race back open last night thrashing Arsenal 3-0.

Arsenal also lost Holding to suspension and Gabriel went off injured so they're struggling at centre back going into the last 2 games of the season.

Spurs now 1 point behind with the better goal difference.

Spurs remaining games are Burnley (h) and Norwich (a) that should be 6 points
Arsenal remaining games are Newcastle (a) and Everton (h). I don't see them getting 6 points from those two games with the injuries they've currently got.

Spurs play Sunday so they've got the chance to really put the pressure on Arsenal who play on the Monday night game.
Spurs is very dangerous since Conte came. They will be up there with Chelsea next season for the 3rd place, if they can keep Kane. They managed well the City, Pool and Arsenal games.

Spurs is very dangerous since Conte came. They will be up there with Chelsea next season for the 3rd place, if they can keep Kane. They managed well the City, Pool and Arsenal games.

I dunno depends if Conte even sticks around and who they sign if they're in Champions League or even Europa that squad will be stretched in the first half of the season. They've hit form since going to 1 game a week if they're in the CL they'll need to spend big money this summer to strengthen that starting XI/squad.

That's one of the worries for me there's 4 top managers already in the league with Conte now at Spurs and they've all got a head start on ETH so we need one of them to mess up really to get us back in the race.

Chelsea are miles off the top 2 now don't see them closing that gap next season either to be honest most of their defenders are off and they're stuck with Lukaku up top. Even this season depending on how the last 2 games go they will only be a few points ahead of Arsenal/Spurs.

This is what is so annoying about the top 4 race is the two teams that are now ahead of us really aren't that good and we still couldn't even stick with them until the end.

I'm sorry, but please don't expect ETH to get top 4 in his first season, it's not going to happen and it's an unrealistic target

I'm sorry, but please don't expect ETH to get top 4 in his first season, it's not going to happen and it's an unrealistic target

I expect him to compete for a top 4 spot in his first season you can't just lower standards he needs to build a side that is competitive enough next season to be in the race.

I don't see Arsenal or Spurs or Chelsea suddenly being miles better than they are this season for me they can all remain in reach of Utd if we do our transfer business well which is far from nailed on. Guess the time to judge what we can expect from him will be when the transfer window is over and we see how the squad is looking because we have a huge summer ahead to sort out this mess.

As an absolute minimum I expect a top 6 finish next season if things settle in quickly I see no reason why we couldn't get top 4.

I dunno depends if Conte even sticks around and who they sign if they're in Champions League or even Europa that squad will be stretched in the first half of the season. They've hit form since going to 1 game a week if they're in the CL they'll need to spend big money this summer to strengthen that starting XI/squad.

That's one of the worries for me there's 4 top managers already in the league with Conte now at Spurs and they've all got a head start on ETH so we need one of them to mess up really to get us back in the race.

Chelsea are miles off the top 2 now don't see them closing that gap next season either to be honest most of their defenders are off and they're stuck with Lukaku up top. Even this season depending on how the last 2 games go they will only be a few points ahead of Arsenal/Spurs.

This is what is so annoying about the top 4 race is the two teams that are now ahead of us really aren't that good and we still couldn't even stick with them until the end.
Agree, the BPL is a battle between City and Liverpool, way behind you have Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs, then you have us and West Ham.We need a good summer to enter into the second group, fighting for 3rd to 5th spots.

I expect him to compete for a top 4 spot in his first season you can't just lower standards he needs to build a side that is competitive enough next season to be in the race.

I don't see Arsenal or Spurs or Chelsea suddenly being miles better than they are this season for me they can all remain in reach of Utd if we do our transfer business well which is far from nailed on. Guess the time to judge what we can expect from him will be when the transfer window is over and we see how the squad is looking because we have a huge summer ahead to sort out this mess.

As an absolute minimum I expect a top 6 finish next season if things settle in quickly I see no reason why we couldn't get top 4.
No, Spurs will be better, there results before and after Conte are completly different. Arsenal can get more points with a good summer. Only Chelsea look like they will be in trouble.

No, Spurs will be better, there results before and after Conte are completly different. Arsenal can get more points with a good summer. Only Chelsea look like they will be in trouble.

I think both teams will have much more demanding European campaigns next season which does impact your squad and you are assuming they spend their money well. Both clubs need to bulk their squads out to give them better strength in depth.

We also don’t know for sure if Conte will even stay next season.

The focus for Utd has to be to get back up to 70+ points as quickly as possible.

I think both teams will have much more demanding European campaigns next season which does impact your squad and you are assuming they spend their money well. Both clubs need to bulk their squads out to give them better strength in depth.

We also don’t know for sure if Conte will even stay next season.

The focus for Utd has to be to get back up to 70+ points as quickly as possible.
Yes, that is the focus, but the big problem is how you do it ? Certainly not with 100m£ budget. We will not be ready for preseason. Everything will be left late in the summer because we are last choice for the good players and we are not ruthless.

Yes, that is the focus, but the big problem is how you do it ? Certainly not with 100m£ budget. We will not be ready for preseason. Everything will be left late in the summer because we are last choice for the good players and we are not ruthless.

Well the new board have to show things have changed but let’s see how that goes.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back