Race For Top Four 2021/22

Typical Spurs beat City away then lose at home to Burnley.

Big game in the race tomorrow Arsenal vs Wolves.

Call the ticket office heard a few people got these emails in error.

Speak to someone find out what is going on.
Dont think its an error mate as I have had an email about this sometime ago Glazer bully boy tactics

Told you so, no chance :(

Didn't actually want to be right of course. But it's been obvious for ages we are nowhere near that level

United can take some hope that it is arsenal who seem to be the most likely to finish top 4. Arsenal have a tendency to stuff things up.

Not sure why there would be a meltdown it's a regular occurence now.

Think this would be the 5th time in 9 years.

The expectation this season after finishing 2nd last year and getting to a European final, plus the addition of Ronaldo, Varane and Sancho was higher than at anytime since SAF retired though, none of the hope we get into the top four as has been the case previous years.

Arsenal just aren't making mistakes at the moment.

Arsenal 26 games 51 points
Man Utd 29 games 50 points
West Ham 29 games 48 points
Wolves 29 games 46 points
Spurs 27 games 45 points.

Think at best it's a 2 horse race but really it's a 1 horse race.

The only thing that I can see really going in Utd's favour is an injury/suspension crisis at Arsenal but watched them yesterday and they look good a much better side than Utd the defence looks solid (haven't conceded a goal from a corner all season) and up front they've got speed and skill.

Get 5th and hope for a Chelsea points deduction/ban is our best route into the Champions League now.

We've got 27 points left to play for we'll do well to pick up 18 all we can do is win our games and see what happens.

Arsenal have some tough games in hand I think? They play Spurs and Liverpool I think? A lot could come down to the United Arsenal game.

Arsenal have some tough games in hand I think? They play Spurs and Liverpool I think? A lot could come down to the United Arsenal game.

Utd still have Liverpool (a), Arsenal (a) and Chelsea (h) in our last 9 games.
Arsenal still have Liverpool (a), Spurs (a) and Utd (h) but they still have 12 games to play.

For Utd to stand any change they probably need to find 6 points from those games including winning at Arsenal.

Arsenal are currently able to pick off the smaller teams though where Utd are still slipping up to often that's really the difference in top 4 races it's who takes the most points off the middle/bottom sides. I can easily see Utd beating Arsenal and Chelsea but also I can see us losing away at Everton or at home to Leicester these are the games that all season we've just not turned up in.

Utd from 9 games probably need the sort of run we had in Ole's first full season from 9 games I'd say 7 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat might be enough but even then you need Arsenal to slip.

Utd still have Liverpool (a), Arsenal (a) and Chelsea (h) in our last 9 games.
Arsenal still have Liverpool (a), Spurs (a) and Utd (h) but they still have 12 games to play.
I'm not saying it's likely but I'm just saying that arsenal have some tricky games in hand. Ultimately I think they'll have a 4-5 point cushion when both teams have played the same number of matches. That can be very quickly overturned but also as you say United tend to drop points against teams that they really should beat.

I'm not saying it's likely but I'm just saying that arsenal have some tricky games in hand. Ultimately I think they'll have a 4-5 point cushion when both teams have played the same number of matches. That can be very quickly overturned but also as you say United tend to drop points against teams that they really should beat.

Well one of the games in hand is Wednesday night away to Liverpool so you have to assume they'll be getting nothing from that one although Liverpool are due a slip.

On current points per game Utd will get around 66 points this season Arsenal will get around 74 so Utd need a big swing we've got to find some title winning type of form and Arsenal need to have a big slump. They've won 5 in a row so they're due a bit of a blip.

I did have hope Arsenal would implode but they have added some consistency to their game. I hold out hope but to be honest, it is looking unlikely now for top four. I would say we need to win all our remaining games and even then it relies on Arsenal dropping points along the way. Also, when two of our away games are Arsenal and Liverpool - sadly I’m not really sure I’m seeing top four for us!

There's still time and they've got a really small squad so a few injuries would hit them really hard but there's no cups or europe to distract them either it's pretty much going to be 1 game a week to the end of the season.

Arteta has done a great job there built a new team pretty quickly cleared out the problem players on huge money and it'll be interesting to see what they do this summer if they do make the top 4 as he'll need to bring in a lot of players to give that squad more depth.

There's no pressure whatsoever on Arsenal at the minute and there hasn't been for quite a while, but when they need say only 9 points their last 6 games, which sounds a doddle, to confirm 4th that's when it comes on top, and every team in the League can beat anybody on their day so who has the most difficult on paper fixtures doesn't come into it.

Still expect United or Tottenham to finish 4th.

I think Arsenal have the wind in their sails. I really can’t see them messing this up. They have been consistent for quite some time and with that breeds confidence

He's done well there, considering he was in the sack race with Ole.

People on the radio saying we can concentrate on top 4. These people need to get real, that game last night shows why we won't get top 4.

Well it's all we can concentrate on but we saw this in Ole's first season once we went out of Europe to Barcelona the season fizzled out and this season will be the same. To even stand a chance this lot need to win 7 out of 9 I reckon and there's no way they can do that.

Well it's all we can concentrate on but we saw this in Ole's first season once we went out of Europe to Barcelona the season fizzled out and this season will be the same. To even stand a chance this lot need to win 7 out of 9 I reckon and there's no way they can do that.

Bouncing off your positivity mate, keep it up

What position in the League do we need to qualify for the Europa Conference League next season?

Love to win that to complete the full set.

Bouncing off your positivity mate, keep it up

For me top 4 finish is the worst thing that can happen to this club now as it'll mean so many of these sh*thouse players will be kept on. We've consistently shown for a decade we're not good enough to compete in the Champions League just being in it isn't good enough for me we've got to get back in a position where we can win it in 5 years time.

We need to be out of Champions League hopefully be in Europa and even that bloody conference league and use it to give kids from the academy 6 tough games next season. Get a few experienced heads in with them maybe players like Heaton/Jones/Matic/Mata maybe if they're carrying on with us to guide through a new generation of players.

I'm actually quite positive about the future the idiot who was running the show for 10 years is now gone they at least seem to have some football based people making decisions now so hopefully they can find the right guy to rebuild this mess.

For me top 4 finish is the worst thing that can happen to this club now as it'll mean so many of these sh*thouse players will be kept on. We've consistently shown for a decade we're not good enough to compete in the Champions League just being in it isn't good enough for me we've got to get back in a position where we can win it in 5 years time.

We need to be out of Champions League hopefully be in Europa and even that bloody conference league and use it to give kids from the academy 6 tough games next season. Get a few experienced heads in with them maybe players like Heaton/Jones/Matic/Mata maybe if they're carrying on with us to guide through a new generation of players.

I'm actually quite positive about the future the idiot who was running the show for 10 years is now gone they at least seem to have some football based people making decisions now so hopefully they can find the right guy to rebuild this mess.

You don't want much do you, we've won it 3 times in 66 years. We're more likely to fluke it like Chelsea did and one or two others have if we are in it whether deserved or not than give it a miss till we get a side good enough to go in as one of the favourites to win it.

If we fail to get top four this season i'm gonna knock t'internet on the head until the start of next season.

You don't want much do you, we've won it 3 times in 66 years. We're more likely to fluke it like Chelsea did and one or two others have if we are in it whether deserved or not than give it a miss till we get a side good enough to go in as one of the favourites to win it.

If you build a decent competitive side you just need a season where the breaks go your way the best side in Europe doesn’t always win the European cup. The two times Chelsea won it they were not the best side in Europe but they were a solid team that took advantage of a few breaks that went their way. I don’t think Utd have won a European cup we didn’t deserve to win all 3 of our wins came when we had the best side in Europe.

The challenge for the new boss is to get Utd back competing for the top prizes at home and abroad as quick as possible I think within 5 years is realistic given it’ll need a huge squad overhaul.

If you build a decent competitive side you just need a season where the breaks go your way the best side in Europe doesn’t always win the European cup. The two times Chelsea won it they were not the best side in Europe but they were a solid team that took advantage of a few breaks that went their way. I don’t think Utd have won a European cup we didn’t deserve to win all 3 of our wins came when we had the best side in Europe.

The challenge for the new boss is to get Utd back competing for the top prizes at home and abroad as quick as possible I think within 5 years is realistic given it’ll need a huge squad overhaul.

When was the last time the best side in Europe won it? It's an over rated cup comp.

When was the last time the best side in Europe won it? It's an over rated cup comp.

Bayern in 2020 were the best in Europe that season, Barca 2016, Bayern 2013, Barca 2011, 2009, Utd 2008. Madrid the season they did CL and league together under Zidane were a great side, the inter side that did the treble.

It is a cup 1 bad game even 1 bad half can be curtains as the teams in it are so good. Just look at PSG bossed 3 out of 4 halves vs Madrid a sloppy 20 minute spell and they were out.

A lot of the time the best team does come through in the end but there are years when a good side rather than a great side win it.

Utd for me missed a few great chances in the Fergie era to add another 00, 01 and 07 stand out as years where we were the best around but a few things went against us and we came up short. 2011 that side shouldn’t have been anywhere near a European final but we got there but came up against greatness.

Spurs win down to 6th.

terrible results for Utd this weekend and we didn’t even get to ruin it ourselves

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back