Premier League Relegation Thread 2022/23

4-2

Beautiful bit of play by Gibbs-White in the build up.

4-2

Beautiful bit of play by Gibbs-White in the build up.

Been impressed with him every time i've see him this season, surely an England call-up pending.

How he couldn't get a game at struggling Wolves is a mystery.

4-3, playing the 11th minute of 7 injury-time minutes.

Finished, Soton doomed, your turn next Leeds

Been impressed with him every time i've see him this season, surely an England call-up pending.

How he couldn't get a game at struggling Wolves is a mystery.

Yeah that never made sense to me either home town lad and a brilliant talent, not Portuguese enough I guess for Wolves.

Played well against us a few times and he was ripping up the championship. Whenever I've watched Forest he's impressed me.

People laughed at the transfer fee but I think he's showing why they paid it and he can't be far off but England do have a lot of players in his sort of role. Foden, Grealish, Mount, Maddison, Bellingham even Gallagher and Smith-Rowe who can play in that number 10 role.

Everything went a bit goal crazy yesterday didn't it.

West Ham are now safe technically they need another 3 points but you can't see the sides below them all picking up enough points to go past them.

Southampton are pretty much gone they need 3 wins from 3 to stay up now.

Fixtures this weekend
Leeds vs Newcastle
Chelsea vs Forest
Everton vs City
Leicester vs Liverpool

We are now at the strange point of the season where you could see any of them getting result. Everton can be a tough opponent at home and this game is in the middle of the CL semi's so Pep will have to make changes but you'd expect them to still have enough to win it.

This is the big one for Leeds with the home crowd they need to catch Newcastle off guard and get a win.

Yeah that never made sense to me either home town lad and a brilliant talent, not Portuguese enough I guess for Wolves.

Played well against us a few times and he was ripping up the championship. Whenever I've watched Forest he's impressed me.

People laughed at the transfer fee but I think he's showing why they paid it and he can't be far off but England do have a lot of players in his sort of role. Foden, Grealish, Mount, Maddison, Bellingham even Gallagher and Smith-Rowe who can play in that number 10 role.

Didn't know he came from the area which makes it even stranger him being constantly overlooked, and yeah the fee was very much a wtf at the time of purchase, but money well spent at the moment, and when he outgrows Forest and he will if he keeps performing money Forest get back and then some.

On England all he can do is keep doing what he's doing, and it might need an injury/suspension or two to get a look-in.

Didn't know he came from the area which makes it even stranger him being constantly overlooked, and yeah the fee was very much a wtf at the time of purchase, but money well spent at the moment, and when he outgrows Forest and he will if he keeps performing money Forest get back and then some.

On England all he can do is keep doing what he's doing, and it might need an injury/suspension or two to get a look-in.

Born in Stafford so not exactly the doorstep but certainly local enough and he was at the club from 8 years old.

My guess is Wolves were flirting with FFP breaches and were forced to sell him.

Born in Stafford so not exactly the doorstep but certainly local enough and he was at the club from 8 years old.

My guess is Wolves were flirting with FFP breaches and were forced to sell him.

Pfft, it's a 5 hour 24 minute walk from Wolverhampton to Stafford, reading your post I thought he was a Dudley boy ;)

Pfft, it's a 5 hour 24 minute walk from Wolverhampton to Stafford, reading your post I thought he was a Dudley boy ;)

Stafford to me is still the Black Country and Wolves would be his local side I guess.

Stafford to me is still the Black Country and Wolves would be his local side I guess.

Always thought Stafford was more Warwickshire and Dudley was more Worcestershire, not that it matters like ...

Nah i'm thinking Stratford :rolleyes:

Shows how accurate google maps are, now just over an hour later it's only a 5 hour 18 minute walk now, so there's either been some serious subsidence in one or both of the towns, or Jasper Carrott has rang them at told 'em "well actually I did it in 6 minutes less last week, so there"

So, Southampton are confirmed as heading South. It's difficult not to see the 2016 Premier League champions joining them leaving a straight fight between Big Sam and Sean Dyche

What the f was the wolves keeper doing!

Interesting down the bottom, Leeds win tomorrow then they could send Everton down as they have spurs final day

So, who do we want to go down? Leeds or Everton? :)
I think I would prefer Leeds go down.
I was having this same mental discussion watching the Leeds match. I know I should want Leeds to suffer, but Everton have been so bad for so long, I feel like there should be consequences.

So, Leicester give themselves a fighting chance of survival.
And potentially help us into 3rd spot :)

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back