Premier League: Manchester United v Manchester City - 14th January 2023

That was a good result. Unexpectedly we find ourselves in a title race. Bring on the Arsenal!
In Eric We Trust

No. If Salah's goal was allowed to stand after his presence caused the defender to play the ball, there was nothing wrong with Bruno's goal. Rashford didn't play the ball. He didn't interfere with either defender or cause them to do anything different. He just stood there and let Bruno smash it home.

Rashford's presence didn't change anything. Good goal.

Just left the stadium. So, was Rashford interfering with play?

By the way they apply the law No but for anyone who’s watched the game he was.

He is so close to the ball that the keeper and defenders have to make their decisions based on him going towards goal.

In my opinion he is active and effecting the opponent by carrying on his run but the refs have a pretty high threshold for that so they have to give the goal.

I don't like this rule, he was offside in my opinion, and so was Salah. But rules are rules.
I think they need to review it for next season.

But hey, 3 points, beat Arse and we're in the hunt. ETH has done an unbelievable job with this squad

Has anybody heard? Did Rashford get the shout from Bruno to leave it? or was he just aware he was off and hoping someone else would pop up? It must have been late when he spotted Bruno so guess he must have got the shout, and if so......... well, what a fecking shout it was :)

I think if Rashford is not there, Ederson comes out to sweep the ball. Anyway, I don't care, 2-1 get in!

I don't like this rule, he was offside in my opinion, and so was Salah. But rules are rules.
I think they need to review it for next season.

But hey, 3 points, beat Arse and we're in the hunt. ETH has done an unbelievable job with this squad

The Salah one I think is different because the defenders action makes him become onside again but yeah my view is both goals should be offside.

ETH is looking like the real deal isn’t he.

The organisation and discipline of this team is excellent. It's what all top class teams seem to do habitually yet something we've failed at over the last few years. Most of the credit for the change must go to ETH, but it surely helps that he has two world class players to rely on in Casimero and Varane.

As well as being organised and disciplined, it was great to see how easily we could move the ball from our final third to theirs. Indicates to me a growing awareness throughout the side of what they should be doing in all stages of play.

I think the equaliser should have been offside, given the new rules. I can't see how Rashford wasn't having a major impact on play. Still, them's the rubs.

Talking of Rashford, one criticism of him is that, at times, he holds onto the ball for too long. His two chances first half had a whiff of that. The second one, his heavy touch robbed him of the chance to shoot or square, but I doubt he would've chosen the latter. The first one though, he perhaps should've been looking more to play Martial in. Martial could've done better though, if he'd paused his run for a second and let the defence follow Rashford, he'd have been in acres of space in the box.

Martial needs a rocket up his arse. New signings in his position seem to have an opposite effect on him than most players. Rather than going up a level the competition seems to drop his level.

Martial needs a rocket up his arse. New signings in his position seem to have an opposite effect on him than most players. Rather than going up a level the competition seems to drop his level.
We've been down this road several times with no response. He needs to be sold. Offered diddly squat yesterday.

The Salah one I think is different because the defenders action makes him become onside again but yeah my view is both goals should be offside.

ETH is looking like the real deal isn’t he.
The argument was that Rashford's actions while offside caused the defenders and keeper to change their actions, which allowed Bruno to score. Salah's actions/positioning while offside caused the defender to head the ball which allowed Salah to score.

Regardless, loving the salt and bitterness from the blues over it.

The rules need changing. It should be offside 100 times out of 100. The fact it isn't shows the mockery they've made of the offside rule.

Back 2 back defeats for City now, they really struggle when Haaland is unavailable ....

Malacia my man of the match, he didn't give Mahrez a kick, well he did actually, a few sneaky ones but you know what I mean.

And on the onside/offside goal, if VAR had done it's job properly Walker wouldn't have been on the pitch to get mugged off by Bruno if he'd been sent-off for kicking out at Malacia in the first-half.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back