Sideshow Bob

200px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png
V
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Saturday, 7th April 2018
Premier League

Etihad Stadium
17:30 BST

Everything about this game sucks as we will lose and they will win the title against us.

Even if we were to avoid defeat it’s just delaying the inevitable.

Not been many glory days at the Etihad in recent years.

Is it certain that we will lose? Then we might as well not turn up at all. Let’s all forfeit this game eh! Come on this is a derby ffs. If you can’t get up and support us for these games then you might as well stop supporting us. Will go easy on you.

I’d have some faith if we looked anywhere near convincing away from home vs decent sides. We will park the bus and they will eventually score even if they don’t watching us play that way against them hurts a lot as for years we had it all our own way.

That City team are just on another level to us right now they deserve to win the title just a shame the way the fixtures have fallen that they get to do it against us.

I doubt the team will have my attitude at least I hope they don’t anyway because taking this away from them would basically be a trophy which is a sign of how good they are.

The only thing that might help us if City have one eye on those Liverpool games, if they lost the first leg 2-0 would they go all out against us?

Our form in 2018 looks like the following. Give us some credit.
WWWWWLWLWDWWWLWW

That run included wins against Chelsea and Pool. But the reading on here and other forums feels like we are in a relegation scrap or something.

I must admit that although we don't always look the most fluent team going forward I am getting a bit sick of the amount of stick Jose gets, certainly compared to Liverpool and spurs who are behind us in the league and with there managers in place for longer

Spurs 2 Utd 0
Chelsea 1 Utd 0
Liverpool 0 Utd 0
Sevilla 0 Utd 0

It’s results like this that make me negative in the build up to this game away from home vs decent opposition we’ve been poor this season even the win at Arsenal was gifted to us by some very generous defending by Arsenal.

I’m not sure we’ve had many convincing away performances this season so you could say we are due one.

Evertons defense against City was appalling, it wasn't so much that City were rampant.
I'm really hoping with the way Jose will set us up we can go for a 0-0 draw, get a crucial point and let them win the title another day.

Can’t wait for us to do the exact opposite to Liverpool on Saturday.

I wonder if City rest a few players this weekend now. The second leg with Liverpool is huge. Not that it wasn't before but that performance last night surely means all their big players need to be on it next week now. So maybe give them a weekend off to rest? This game means nothing to them because they can win the title next weekend instead of this one. So despite it being a derby. And despite it being for the title. I wonder if Pep rotates more then he would have?

i don't think the Manchester derby means nothing. If I were him, I'd play all my top players to get them in the Rhythm. The last thing they would want is another defeat before the 2nd leg.

There was talk before the defeat that he would rest key stars this weekend so with next week in moind, with possible fatigue and injuries that could occour I reckon he will field a weaker team this weekend. I'd prefer to play their strongest XI and see how we do tbh.

I expect all the bit hitters to start this one as the CL is as good as gone for them winning a league title by beating your biggest rivals at home comes around once in a life time so they have to go strong.

My guess is the only players to be rested from last night will be Kompany & David Silva, this would be my guess at their starting XI.

Ederson

Walker Otamendi Laporte Delph

De Bruyne Fernandino Gundogan

Sterling Aguero Sane

After letting themselves down last night I think they'll be bang on it Saturday and we are in for a rough ride as I can see our lot being half arsed because they know the league is gone and I'm not sure enough of them care enough to make sure that City don't win it against us. Saturday will be a real test of who actually cares about this club.

I think there's a real chance they'll rest a lot of players for this, 4 or 5 maybe more. The league is already won and they're going to need their best players at full tilt on Tuesday. I think there's a chance some of those on Wednesday will be dropped for Tuesday so can see a few of those keep their places on that basis. And they'll probably change their formation for Tuesday after it failed to work on Wednesday. Aguero's been injured I think, so think he'll be saved for Tuesday.

City (fans) have never really got on with Europe, the fans will want this win more than anything, the atmosphere will be electric.

Whatever happens, we're going to park the bus and I don't see that tactic working. We need the same start as the Liverpool game.

I think Pep will want the psychologic boost of winning the title if they don't get it done on Sunday winning the league next weekend will become a bit of an anti climax especially if they get knocked out of Europe by Liverpool.

I think he will go pretty strong and hope that they can get the game won and then maybe take off players with 20 minutes to go and I don't think he'll need his team going full tilt to play Utd if we're just going to park the bus.

DDG

Valencia Bailly Smalling Young

Herrera Matic Pogba

Lingard Lukaku Sanchez

Team: De Gea, Valencia, Bailly, Smalling, Young, Matic, Herrera, Pogba, Sanchez, Lukaku, Lingard.
Subs: Pereira, Lindelof, Rojo, McTominay, Mata, Martial, Rashford.

City: Ederson, Danilo, Kompany, Otamendi, Delph, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Bernardo, Silva, Sane, Sterling.
Subs: Bravo, Walker, Agüero, Laporte, De Bruyne, Jesus, Yaya Toure.

No Fellaini, even on the bench. Not seen him since Sevilla. Is this a sign Jose has seen the light at last?

That sums up Smallings United career folks.

Stirling couldnt score in a brothel. He's so bad in front of goal.

The is no link from midfield to lukaku and Alexis. Pogba is walking around like a fairy with that hair cut.

We started the game okay but if we can't build attacks from the halfway line when he have the ball at the very least then we don't have any chance. We are light years behind these and Smalling needs his contract ripped up at half time.

I would take Herrera, lingard and Sanchez off and play rashford, Mata and martial behind lukaku. Just go for it. Don't care if we end up conceding 5 just put it in this half because atm it's embarrassing

Take smalling off get Silvino Louro on. Couldn't be any worse back there!!

And you'd leave Pogba on?? Wtf is this guy about?

G Nev summed it up, why would Raiola tap City up about Pogba as he'd be 5th choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back