Sideshow Bob

200px-Brighton_%26_Hove_Albion_logo.svg.png
V
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Friday, 4th May 2018
Premier League

Falmer Stadium
20:00 BST

Seems that Lukaku will be out for this one at least, a chance for Rashford to start in his preferred role, Martial and Sanchez are other options. Lindelof seems to be preferred in home games where we have more options, had a good game yesterday I thought, not sure he'll get a game against a striker like Murray at this stage of his development and i'd expect Jones to come in for this one.

Would be nice to see a Martial Rashford Sanchez front 3.

They probably need 1 more win to be safe and I think they’ll be bang up for this one.

My guess is same team that started on Sunday but Rashford in for Lukaku.

Think he will rotate in the midweek game at West Ham then give his first team a run out in the final game keep them ticking over for the cup final, might give the Young keeper Periera a start in that one.

I assume Jones is back on the treatment table as he wasn’t even on the bench yesterday.

Be nice to see one or two youth team on the bench just in case we get well ahead and can give them 10-15 mins at the end

So he's basically ruled Bailly out for this game because people need minutes for the world cup.

A win secures 2nd place so I think he'll stay fairly strong in this one then strart rotating.

DDG

Valencia Smalling Rojo Young

Fellaini Matic Pogba

Lingard Rashford Sanchez

That would be my guess I think a reward for his goal on Sunday will be a start for Fellaini although with those 2 that makes our midfield a bit ponderous, if Fellaini did start I'd actually like to see Herrera given a go ahead of Matic in the middle of the 3.

At the back I think Rojo will get a start because he's hardly played this season and will be sweating on his world cup spot I think he was the player Mourinho was specifically referring to in his press conference.

Up top you would assume it'll be Rashford up the middle in the absence of red rom would like to see Martial ahead of Lingard from the start but I think he might play Martial through the middle against West Ham midweek.

Off topic but it was absurd what he said about Bailly not playing due to others needing game time to get in their respective WC squads. Sanchez isn't even going to WC yet he gets played over Martial and Rashford has had very little time lately. I smell a rat...

At times I don't think even he believes his own BS.

With a cup final around the corner you'd think he'd want to keep his number 1 centre back ticking over and ready for the big day? The only logic to it is Bailly for whatever reason isn't number 1 anymore either the manager is sick of the injuries or something else is going on.

He's not been amazing since he came back.

He defo does spout some crazy BS.

He can't be sick of the injuries surely, he keeps playing Jones the minute he returns from injury. Then he gets injured again haha

To be honest Bailly is getting as bad as Jones for the sudden dissapearing acts he does.

Feels like injury updates aren't really part of the managers press conference anymore it's like no one asks him about who might be playing in the game anymore.

Well he’s sticking to his word about the World Cup. Sanchez completed dropped. Rojo Fellaini Martial and Rashford in.

Well he’s sticking to his word about the World Cup. Sanchez completed dropped. Rojo Fellaini Martial and Rashford in.

Darmian? :confused:

They need points to stay up think this could be a rough night never fancy us when we make that many changes to the team.

Rashford ridiculously selfish there. Does he feel he’s competing with Martial and refusing to pass?

Think he just second guessed himself and then the chance is gone.

Brighton clearly the better side playing their first team not sure why we’ve made 6 changes it really shows.

Everyone trying to work it out on the pitch taking to many touches and playing slow the build up is painfully slow when we try to come out from the back.

No threat down the wings at all forwards coming inside and full backs not offering anything.

Typical pedestrian selves. De Gea our best player so far - tells its own story.

They clearly can’t be bothered ducking out of tackles.

Need to get some changes made any of the midfield or attack could get hooked all been dreadful.

They look like they’ve never played together which is something that’s been there all season.

No one making any driving runs or beating their man just lots of tippy tappy slow passing that gets us nowhere.

Darmian off for Shaw
Fellaini off for Lingard

Assume that 4-2-3-1 Young to right back probably Lingard as the number 10 hopefully that gets the ball moving quicker.

Rojo off McTominay on

Looks like Matic into the back 4.

Lose this and it’s 0 from 9 away from home to the 3 promoted sides and so far 3 really poor performances. There’s some rank poor attitudes in this side at times not up for the fight

Martial and Rashford have shown today why they haven’t been starting. Terrible performances from the both.

Tell you what though McTominay demanding the ball since he came on

There’s clearly no instruction on how to attack every move builds up different, there’s no blind passes because you know where you’re team mate should be and 2 seasons in we still look like strangers in attack every game.

6 changes always brings a sloppy performance and tonight showed that.

Fellaini can’t be asked to play like that in midfield he’s a battering ram not a build up player.

Pogba & Matic both poor tonight Pogba especially bad in final 1/3 I mean what was Mata doing for most of that game went nowhere, Martial trying to beat the whole team because he’s got no one to pass to and Rashford not involved at all.

This team seems fine in big games but when it comes to beating the rest still not good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back