Premier League 22/23 ~ Manchester United v Leeds United ~ 08/02(@20:00)

Justin Cider

So it's Coronation Street v Emmerdale again, back-to-back episodes, so maybe time to get the cheap popcorn in.

No early team/injury news yet so let's presume it's the same squad minus Casemiro obviously as last time.

Maybe it's time for EtH to do some tinkering to get some players up to speed with the first of two massive games against Barcelona only 9 days away.

De Gea
Dalot Varane Martinez Shaw
Sabitzer Fred
Antony Bruno Sancho
Rashford

Butland, AWB, Malacia, Maguire, Lindelof, Mainoo, Garnacho, Weghorst and Elanga/Pellistri

Going for a comfortable 3-0 win, and the new Leeds Management team can bounce all the way back home again, maybe even pop into the Woolpack for a drink, in fact they might as well stay there till Sunday.

Another goal for Rashford, obviously, the other two goalscorers, who cares, it's Leeds! Say the Leeds and you're smiling laughing.

For the anoraks - Apparently this will the first time since December 1967 that United have played the same team back-to-back in the League in 'one' season, on that occasion we beat Wolves 4-0 at home, then won 2-3 at Molineux four days later.

Happily take the same results.

Martial missing at the weekend was reported as a setback so I'm guessing that's him out for another few weeks.

There's been no suggestion Dalot is back so can't see him suddenly making an appearance here, the length of his absence must be a worry as he suffered that injury nearly 2 months ago now. It was reported that he's back in training so hopefully he's not to far away from a return.

I suspect we'll see Weghorst start again with Rashford on the left in the form he's currently in you have to play Rashford in his best position which is on the left.

Our former coach Chris Armas the man with the airpods who was nicknamed Ted Lasso by some of the players allegedly is part of the caretaker team that will bring Leeds to Old Trafford.

Martial missing at the weekend was reported as a setback so I'm guessing that's him out for another few weeks.

There's been no suggestion Dalot is back so can't see him suddenly making an appearance here, the length of his absence must be a worry as he suffered that injury nearly 2 months ago now. It was reported that he's back in training so hopefully he's not to far away from a return.

I suspect we'll see Weghorst start again with Rashford on the left in the form he's currently in you have to play Rashford in his best position which is on the left.

Our former coach Chris Armas the man with the airpods who was nicknamed Ted Lasso by some of the players allegedly is part of the caretaker team that will bring Leeds to Old Trafford.

Wasn't he on the bench at the weekend?

We need to get Sancho minutes and tomorrow with Rashford playing CF is the ideal opportunity, with Weghorst playing the away match with Rashford back on the left.

Wasn't he on the bench at the weekend?

We need to get Sancho minutes and tomorrow with Rashford playing CF is the ideal opportunity, with Weghorst playing the away match with Rashford back on the left.

I totally missed that he was back just saw an article that he'd resumed training back end of last week so assumed he'd be back soon as they seem to be taking time with players. AWB does need a rest at some point though but that Gnonto fella is a great dribbler I think they might want to stick AWB against him to make sure he's covered defensively.

Think Sancho will be built up off the bench rather than from the start so you'd hope he'll be able to get on at some point but in a game like this I think you want your runners on the pitch.

I think they'll want Weghorst on from the start hopefully he can grab himself a goal, he has gone close with a couple of headers in the last 2 games so hopefully one is coming.

I totally missed that he was back just saw an article that he'd resumed training back end of last week so assumed he'd be back soon as they seem to be taking time with players. AWB does need a rest at some point though but that Gnonto fella is a great dribbler I think they might want to stick AWB against him to make sure he's covered defensively.

Think Sancho will be built up off the bench rather than from the start so you'd hope he'll be able to get on at some point but in a game like this I think you want your runners on the pitch.

I think they'll want Weghorst on from the start hopefully he can grab himself a goal, he has gone close with a couple of headers in the last 2 games so hopefully one is coming.

We need to get him up to speed but you're not going to play Dalot back to back games on return from injury so you'd bring AWB back in at Helland Road where Leeds are likely to have more possession than they will at Old Trafford, and Gnonto more likely to be a threat.

Same with Sancho we need him up to speed, preferably before the Barca games.

We need to get him up to speed but you're not going to play Dalot back to back games on return from injury so you'd bring AWB back in at Helland Road where Leeds are likely to have more possession than they will at Old Trafford, and Gnonto more likely to be a threat.

Same with Sancho we need him up to speed, preferably before the Barca games.

I suspect he'll be hoping the team gets the job done and he can maybe look to stick Dalot on for the last 20 minutes in both games.

Given he's going with a new centre mid pairing my guess is he'll want to pick his first choice back 4, Ten Hag doesn't strike me as a tinker man we've seen him go pretty much full strength unless injury/suspension forces him to change.

To me it looks like he's trying to make the most of the momentum.

I suspect he'll be hoping the team gets the job done and he can maybe look to stick Dalot on for the last 20 minutes in both games.

Given he's going with a new centre mid pairing my guess is he'll want to pick his first choice back 4, Ten Hag doesn't strike me as a tinker man we've seen him go pretty much full strength unless injury/suspension forces him to change.

To me it looks like he's trying to make the most of the momentum.

Isn't Dalot-Varane-Martinez-Shaw his first choice back 4, the sooner he get's them playing together again the better, surely.

Though EtH will probably go for Rashford_Weghorst_Bruno, and bring Mainoo in to reinforce the midfield.

Or

Rashford
Sancho Bruno Pellistri
Fred Sabitzer​

Pity we couldn't get special dispensation to bring Amad back for a game or two or until Antony is back - we function so much better when we have a leftie on the right, oh Mason!

Just realised it isn't on Sky or BT.

Because its a rearranged fixture, and wasn't selected to be broadcast the first time round, they're sticking by it.

Yeah still seems odd that the league wouldn't offer it up to the broadcasters.

I guess by their logic they have to ask fans to pay for the extra game but given the main premier league feed goes off all around the world surely the ad revenue would cover the cost of some extra pundits.

They wonder why people stream games.

Sancho at 10, Bruno on the right?
Antony is out? Damn, must've missed that. Then I think this is going to happen, unless he wants some pace in behind which could mean a start for Mr Viva Garnacho.

Rashford
Garnacho - Sancho - Bruno
Sabitzer - Fred

That could work nicely.

Rodrigo and Dallas are the only notable absentees for Leeds Utd tonight, yet all season they've blamed their current plight on all their injuries, mmmm, maybe they've just been found out, it happens!

Antony is out? Damn, must've missed that. Then I think this is going to happen, unless he wants some pace in behind which could mean a start for Mr Viva Garnacho.

Rashford
Garnacho - Sancho - Bruno
Sabitzer - Fred

That could work nicely.
it matters not! It shall just have to be the night Sancho comes back in and shows us why we signed him.
I don't understand why others are worrying about this fixture. We'll whip em!

Welcome to our friends from the Yorkshire Republican Army, we hope you have a memorable night at the Theatre of Dreams!

Great to see the lads stroll into the stadium with attitude looking butch in their fetching pink training tops ....

It's a mystery why Rashford struggles on the right as he played there a lot for the u15/u16s

Haven’t been able to watch sounds like a crazy game.

Fred sounds like he's done the complete opposite of stepping up

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back