Premier League 22/23: Man Utd vs Leicester City ~ Sun 19th Feb 2pm KO

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Last game of Casemiro’s ban against a Leicester side that has found form in the last 2 weeks the return of Maddison has seen them hit 4 goals against Villa and Spurs in the last 2 weeks. Those 2 wins have pulled them out of potential relegation chat. They’ve been a bit of a bogey side for us in recent years we got a narrow 1-0 win away earlier in the season and I’d happily take the same again.

ETH I think will likely make a few changes for this one with one eye on the return with Barca and the cup final next weekend. Mainly I think we will see Varane rested.

Injury news I haven’t seen anything about the return of Anthony, Martial or McT so we’d have to assume if fit they’ll only make the bench.

DDG

Dalot Maguire Martinez Shaw

Fred Sabitzer

Bruno Weghorst Garnacho

Rashford

Think we might see something like this, we haven’t got to many option up top to shuffle it around.

Just about getting the 3 points in this one it doesn’t need to be pretty.

Will be tough, especially given their recent form.

Would rather prioritise the cups though, so I think JSP's team looks about right.

Still don’t think it’s time for Garnacho as a starter so would go with Sancho instead.
Also I think Shaw gets overlooked for a rest. So it may be time for Malacia

So much for our 5th choice CB being 2nd to Varane o_O :p

Must be injured, not even in bench

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Now we should be feckin 4-0 down. De Gea saving us, we need to get a grip of this fast!!!

Need to get a hold and some control on the game now though. It's seemed like we are away from home!

Hopefully with 20 to go we can make this 5 and work on getting that goal difference a bit more respectful. Looks like Leicester have gave up

Think I would have given De Gea MOTM for his first half performance. This could have become beyond us if it wasnt for him.

Fortunate to be 1-0 at half. Much better in the second half, enjoyed it, could have scored with a confident striker.

Only caught the highlights sounds like it was an awful start but after that we really put them away in style.

Second half was much better, but I do think we were very lucky to keep 11 players on the pitch.

I dunno to me that tackle was nowhere near a red looked far worse than it was and had no force behind it.

Hard to see at full speed but he should have been booked for it.

Caught the match of the day highlights last night and they hammered us early on two very good saves by De Gea to keep out Barnes and Iheanacho but Utd also missed some great chances. Dalot will be kicking himself with the tap in he missed.

Yeah not a red for me. Obviously if he had followed through and not pulled his leg back then yeah it’s a horrific red card challenge. But the fact he pulled back and it wasn’t done with any force meant it was a yellow for me.

Of course Souness would say it was a red card as he’s anti-United as they come. Surprised it wasn’t Pogba’s fault.

I think if it was on a united players, some views might be different

Feel I can be pretty level headed on these things.

A red card for me is when you've done something dangerous with force.

Not every high tackle is dangerous and worthy of a red card same way winning the ball doesn't mean it isn't a foul.

It was a bouncing ball which the defender lunges in to win and when Sabitzer realises he pulls the force from the tackle.

In a photo it looks horrendous but in video it really isn't that bad and it didn't seem like the Leicester players were up in arms over it.

Feel I can be pretty level headed on these things.

A red card for me is when you've done something dangerous with force.

Not every high tackle is dangerous and worthy of a red card same way winning the ball doesn't mean it isn't a foul.

It was a bouncing ball which the defender lunges in to win and when Sabitzer realises he pulls the force from the tackle

Granted you do seem to take a considered level headed approach to most things. But on this occasion I do suspect someone has kicked your spirit level and put your bubble out.
Even if it was only worthy of a yellow (as you seem to agree to) he was still lucky to stay on the pitch.

Granted you do seem to take a considered level headed approach to most things. But on this occasion I do suspect someone has kicked your spirit level and put your bubble out.
Even if it was only worthy of a yellow (as you seem to agree to) he was still lucky to stay on the pitch.

I didn't see it live I also didn't see all of the pundits and commentary stuff around it just saw the clips. I'm sure Sky tried to make it a big talking point and I did see the ex ref they get in on Sky Sports News saying he was a bit lucky.

I've played the game and I've watched it for years. If he got the red card I don't think we could have to many complaints it was clumsy rather than naughty but it often depends on what angle the ref sees it from.

Contact is allowed in the game and accidents will happen the refs need to judge the intent and the force behind a tackle to make it a red card. In the last few years refs are certainly allowing a bit more in terms of tough tackling.

I think if you've jumped into or slid in at that height you've got no defence.

Like I said I've seen it once or twice to me if the ref sends you off you can't complain but if he's seen it he has to give a yellow.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back