Premier League 2023/24: Man United vs Fulham - Sat 24th Feb - 15:00 KO

Dominated by Fulham.

Fedrnandes so desperate he's cheating again.

Very positive stuff for ETH

We have never been in control of any match. How come every other team we play seems to have a Inniesta, Xavi and a Busquests in midfield? I mean even West Ham, Luton and now Fulham.

Because ETH's system or lack of doesn't work. He has no second plan. Without individual brilliance of players we would have lost a lot more games.

No striker. No left back. First choice CB out injured.

Managers fault.

There is no appreciation in our fan base at the amount of injuries we’ve had this season. It’s been ridiculous. We’ve played our best 11 once all season.

You’d have been hounding Klopp out of Liverpool last season.

Big ‘Arry the guy that most wanted gone because he wasn’t a footballer rescuing the guy most want gone because he’s not a manager.

No striker. No left back. First choice CB out injured.

Managers fault.

There is no appreciation in our fan base at the amount of injuries we’ve had this season. It’s been ridiculous. We’ve played our best 11 once all season.

You’d have been hounding Klopp out of Liverpool last season.
That is where he needs to improvise. He is the one who bought players like Antony and etc. He need to know how to win matches with kept players injured. He needs to play them as a team and not individuals. How come every other team seems to be able to play the same way with key players injured?

That is where he needs to improvise. He is the one who bought players like Antony and etc. He need to know how to win matches with kept players injured. He needs to play them as a team and not individuals. How come every other team seems to be able to play the same way with key players injured?
IDFD will never realise this. He thinks, and this is going by his own posts, that you must have all of your players to implement any kind of working system. Yet football simply doesn't allow it - it's not darts. Players will be injured in every team and it's not an excuse. It's why you have a squad.

ETH has dumped his character-less personality upon this team and it shows. It has no identity, just like the him.

I actually don't blame the players for not being able to work under ETH - it's at the point now where it simply can't be all these players underperforming, it's the team set up and manager.

I actually don't blame the players for not being able to work under ETH - it's at the point now where it simply can't be all these players underperforming, it's the team set up and manager.
A conductor doesn’t play the violins for his orchestra does he? I blame the players a whole lot for their lack of desire.

Not saying ETH isn’t to blame, he makes some strange choices today. You don’t change Rashford and Garnacho today, you leave them where they are and get a fill in up front. We lacked any kind of rhythm and was a horrid performance overall.

A conductor doesn’t play the violins for his orchestra does he? I blame the players a whole lot for their lack of desire.

Not saying ETH isn’t to blame, he makes some strange choices today. You don’t change Rashford and Garnacho today, you leave them where they are and get a fill in up front. We lacked any kind of rhythm and was a horrid performance overall.
No, but they do play his symphony and that's my point. It's a terrible track.

I'm glad you've seen and identified his errors today though.

Only one outfield player was a Ten Hag signing.

I really hope there is a clear out in the summer. It’s badly needed.

ETH can turn this around if he is not stubborn. He needs to drop 2 players. He did try to bring changes and had a diamond but with the wrong players in the wrong positions. Eriksen is never going to be able to run up and down on the left side in the diamond. He needs to drop Rashford and Bruno and bring in Eriksen and Scot for now as the CF. Amad has played in the Championship and Europe and for sure he is a better player in the PL than Antony as he is not that selfish and does not try to score every time he gets the ball.

Injuries of course don’t help. I don’t think we are losing that game if we had Shaw, Hojlund etc especially after we’ve started to gain momentum.

Lindelof on the left was always going to stunt our attacking that side. Personally I would have played Dalot on the left and Lindelof would have been more effective on the right.

Just a woeful day at the office but you can’t really rely on this team to get the business done on a consistent basis. We need to stutter our way until the end of the season and hope we can somehow secure CL football.

You need someone to keep possession to control the game. None of this lot have a first touch that is acceptable. None of them know how to move into space. I think ETH should have kept the diamond but tweaked it to get the right players in the right positions.
Now some games in the past we have seen Dalot coming inside into midfield. Yes that is the basics but none of the team members seem to understand this or utilise it.
Today we saw Bruno pressing at left wing position in the first half . They simply passed it around him as the space he vacated in midfield was empty. Then we saw their first serious attack where Rashford jumped out of the way and they counter attacked. Full credit to Garnacho who sprinted back all the way on the right side.
You simply cannot have players in midfield who cannot do the short pass well or who cannot keep possession.

Only seen the highlight but really really poor.

The manager has got to address these defensive issues we are so open and easy to play through. You can’t be giving teams15-20 shots at your goal every single game.

For me the defensive issues start at the top and then thru the midfield and up to the defence. Why does Bruno have to running all over the place? I do not think he knows how to play in an organised system.

Big ‘Arry the guy that most wanted gone because he wasn’t a footballer rescuing the guy most want gone because he’s not a manager.
Aged well :p

Another terrible performance. Bruno is a waste when he's playing at this level, gives possession up way too easily. No wonder our possession stats are so low. Picks the wrong decision way too often.
Eriksen was terrible when he came on, maybe because he's had no minutes recently. Maguire was poor, missed a sitter, for their second he's was weak and slow. In hindsight he should have taken him out.
Dalot goes to crap when we are behind, gives up possession too.
He's a kid, so not having a go, but starting Forson was an error. Did little and looked scared.

He basically played an entirely different team without playing an entirely different team. He's an idiot at this point for me. I've had enough of him. ETH out now.

Just appoint anybody, they wont do worse than this.

Aged well :p

Another terrible performance. Bruno is a waste when he's playing at this level, gives possession up way too easily. No wonder our possession stats are so low. Picks the wrong decision way too often.
Eriksen was terrible when he came on, maybe because he's had no minutes recently. Maguire was poor, missed a sitter, for their second he's was weak and slow. In hindsight he should have taken him out.
Dalot goes to crap when we are behind, gives up possession too.
He's a kid, so not having a go, but starting Forson was an error. Did little and looked scared.
Eriksen is still a very good player but he used to play in the same position as Bruno as an attacking midfield. You simply cannot play at this level with these players without a double pivot. You also need players up front who are willing to work their socks off. I see that either our players are not arsed about the effort or players like Bruno who runs aimlessly.
To me it means ETH is not teaching them things they do not know. There is no need tor Bruno to be in left wing space or right wing space when they have the ball. He vacated his space and goes to press on the left wing and they simply pass to the space he had just vacated.
For now I would take two gambles and play Lindelof, Cas and Maninho in midfield and play Antony at left back and drop Rashford and Bruno.

He basically played an entirely different team without playing an entirely different team. He's an idiot at this point for me. I've had enough of him. ETH out now.

Just appoint anybody, they wont do worse than this.
I feel like some United fans were so spoilt during the Fergie years and forget that he was given time when things looked bad.

I am not saying ETH is fanastic or is the best manager out there but he’s not as bad as you or other fans are making out.

Get rid of him and give another manager this set of players, you are just passing the problem along. Some of his signings haven’t worked out that well but a fair amount of these guys have failed with multiple managers.

I get the frustration from fans, I am as frustrated but the problems stem a hell of a lot deeper than the manager. Hopefully the new regime will start to fix there underlying problems.

But the fix starts with getting the best out of your squad and he's not.
It doesn't matter what is fixed in the background if the guy in charge isn't up to it.

I feel like some United fans were so spoilt during the Fergie years and forget that he was given time when things looked bad.

I am not saying ETH is fanastic or is the best manager out there but he’s not as bad as you or other fans are making out.

Get rid of him and give another manager this set of players, you are just passing the problem along. Some of his signings haven’t worked out that well but a fair amount of these guys have failed with multiple managers.

I get the frustration from fans, I am as frustrated but the problems stem a hell of a lot deeper than the manager. Hopefully the new regime will start to fix there underlying problems.
I am frustrated yes. Does it show? It's just so many bad results coupled with this dreadful football, it's starting to really get to me, yes.

I am frustrated yes. Does it show? It's just so many bad results coupled with this dreadful football, it's starting to really get to me, yes.
It is absolutely not on the manager that the players only started playing with effort, intensity and pace after Maguire equalised in the 89th minute.

I didn't see it like that. They upped the intensity after Fulham scored. It just meant we gave possession back even quicker than before

Trying to play fast, when they can't even play slow :D

It is absolutely not on the manager that the players only started playing with effort, intensity and pace after Maguire equalised in the 89th minute.
It actually is. It's his job to motivate them.

I've explained in more detail on another thread.

Amass and Nolan starting for the 18s in the 12:00 kick-off today, so looks like it will be Habeeb Ogunneye with the first-team squad, and probably just miss out, or he may be injured(he's had more than his fair share), or with the 21s who often play at the same time, but who knows, if Amass or Nolan are subbed off at HT .....

20 year old midfielder Toby Collyer(signed from Brighton a couple of years ago) on the bench, nothing flashy about him he just keeps the ball moving through midfield like you'd want a no.6 to do, comfortable with either foot, a bit one-paced maybe, but great experience for him, hope he gets a few minutes.

Thanks JC. you sure know your stuff, the forum is lucky to have you ....

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back