Premier League 2022/23: Southampton vs Man Utd ~ Sat 27th Aug 12.30 KO

McTominay was a lucky boy with the penalty. He's basically caught it.

They’ve come from behind to take 4 points in their last 2 games so yeah Utd need to go for a second.

They aren’t making great chances but we need to get our foot on the ball a bit and break up the momentum they’ve had since the goal.

McTominay was a lucky boy with the penalty. He's basically caught it.

Think distance was a factor he didn’t have time to move his arm and the second one would be deemed a deflection off the body.

For me that’s never a pen but they change the rules so much now you just never know theyve made such a mess of the handball rule

Ronaldo on for Sancho.

Sancho been quieter second half

Ronaldo heavily booed. Being drained out by Viva Ronaldo now.

Going to be a lot of added time with the subs and that stoppage.

Utd just can’t keep the ball it’s just being hacked clear cant see us stopping that just going to have to dig in and see it out.

Seeing a centre back catch Ronaldo in a sprint is just sad.

That was an awful second half performance. Hard to watch.

However the away losses run is over and another 3 points on the board.

Yep wasn’t pretty but we’ve won away and kept a clean sheet where our keeper isn‘t man of the match.

On to Leicester now hopefully keep the momentum going.

Thought Southampton were good Bella-Kotchap, Lavia and Adams I thought were all very good for them. Think clubs will be keeping an eye on them this season.

Utd have got to take better care of the ball and get up the pitch.

The grass coloured kit sure doesn’t make this any easier to watch, but the only positive from that half was the fact we didn’t concede. Not sure what we were doing tactically, but less of that and more of something else second half. And, switch the kit, Fergie style.
Second verse, same as the first. A little bit louder and a little bit worse.
I suppose we’re in no position to scoff about a clean sheet and 3 points, especially away, but we made a side that will probably be involved in a relegation scrap look like top 4 material.

They’re forcing us to go long and we don’t really have anyone to win the ball when it goes forward their centre backs will win every 50/50 against Rashford.

Not much on the bench to really call on to change it.

You expect we will see Casemiro and Ronaldo on fairly soon if we don’t improve.
We try and go long because we don’t know how to build attacks on the ground. Too many players clueless about what to do with the ball, as evidenced by our inability to keep possession after the goal.

Was important to follow up Monday’s win and we did that. Wasn’t pretty at times but we got the job done which we haven’t been doing for a long time. Need to keep this momentum going.

We try and go long because we don’t know how to build attacks on the ground. Too many players clueless about what to do with the ball, as evidenced by our inability to keep possession after the goal.

Think it’s a bit of chicken and egg situation for us currently.

Because we don’t have someone to be direct and play long to teams squeeze right up on us which makes it impossible to play from the back as they know if we kick long most of the time they’ll get the ball back. If we had the ability to go over that press teams would sit off which allows you to play out.

The pitch looked poor today patchy and slow so going a bit more direct was probably the right way to go.

I think these players will never be able to just rotate possession it doesn’t suit them McTominay, Rashford, Bruno and Elanga I don’t think can play that type of football.

Will take a bit more time and a few more signings I think to get the possession game going.

I do like Salisu, think he coud be a top CB.

He looks a bit clumsy to me his partner today was a lot more impressive but looks like they’ve done some good scouting and got another batch of decent young players.

I thought Lavia in midfield was excellent today.

Kotchop looked quality.

I’ll be interested to see how he does against the better strikers in the league I think he was able to easily bully Ronaldo today.

I think the scouts will be busy watching Southampton this season as Mara also looked bright when he came on.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back