Premier League 2022/23: Southampton vs Man Utd ~ Sat 27th Aug 12.30 KO

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Off to St Mary's for what we can all assume will be our usual 1-1 early season draw with Southampton. We always seem to play Southampton away in the first few rounds of the season someone needs to check the code that fixture computer is using.

Anyway Utd will be bouncing after that win on Monday night I guess the dilemma for ETH is does he stick with the same team again or does he make some changes. I assume Casemiro will be available think his visa is still going through but you'd expect that to be sorted my guess is he'll start on the bench.

Other question is up top will he start Rashford or will he bring in either Martial or Ronaldo with Rashford moving back wide.

My guess is it'll be a slightly changed starting XI.

DDG

Dalot Varane Martinez Malacia

McTominay Eriksen

Sancho Bruno Rashford

Martial

Southampton are a tricky opponent they either seem to give good sides a real scare and take point off them or lose by 5 goals or more a very strange side to say the least but they're full of young energetic players and in Ward-Prowse they have a player who seems to enjoy scoring against us. I had them down for relegation this season they just seem to be a side that's getting a little bit worse every season but they always seem to do enough to stay out of trouble. They seem to be a team that finish games strongly in their last two games they've come from behind in the second half to get a draw and a win so Utd will need to be on their toes even if they do get ahead.

Lets hope that Utd approach this one like the Liverpool game and get out of the traps quickly and get after them we need to build up a habit of starting games quickly to put the opponent on the back foot.

I'd imagine it'll be a similar team with Ronaldo back in. Games where we should have possession and control of the ball I think he'll play Ronaldo.

I think this will be the test of how he sees Ronaldo in his team going forward does he see him as a starter or does he look to put him on in some games when the opponent is getting tired.

Southampton are a bit like Brighton/Brentford they don't just sit back they go after you so I think you need that pressing work rate that on a good day you can get from Martial along with the threat in behind.

I still think there's a chance he'll be gone by the end of the window if someone does come in late for him in panic mode so I think they might look at getting Martial up to full speed the work out how we use Ronaldo once we know if he's staying.

Think Maguire and Shaw will come in for Lisandro and Malacia, and Fred for Eriksen. Ronaldo to stay on the bench with Casemiro.

At this stage
I think don't change the starting 11. But maybe make some subs earlier.

I go with this

Ddg
Casemiro Fred
Sancho Bruno Rashford
Martial

Sub : McTominay for Fred in the second half

I go with this

Ddg
Casemiro Fred
Sancho Bruno Rashford
Martial

Sub : McTominay for Fred in the second half
Team looks okay, but please centre it

Ddg
Casemiro Fred
Sancho Bruno Rashford
Martial​

Martial out with an achilles injury. Guess we will see same side as Liverpool but with Casemiro playing instead of McTominay probably. Maybe Fred in for Eriksen.

I can feel that Martial rage inside me burning again you just can't count on this guy he needs f*cking off ASAP.

Utd have 3 games in 8 days so you'd be surprised if he's now fit enough to start any of them.

Yeah achilles injury isn't it? So yeah I'd be surprised if he plays in any of those games.

Guess it depends how serious it is he might make it back in time to be on the bench for Arsenal but his injury record is not good. You just can’t rely on this guy.

Guess it depends how serious it is he might make it back in time to be on the bench for Arsenal but his injury record is not good. You just can’t rely on this guy.
Exactly and it's kind of crazy that United went in to the year relying on him.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah green on green is not good actually quite hard to see the players especially in the sun.

How has that not gone in bodies everywhere blocking those shots.

We didn't make our spell on top count and now they've taken control.

Yeah they’ve had a good little spell hopefully we’ve seen it off.

Elanga and Rashford need to up it a bit both haven’t got in the game allowing their opponent to dominate them.

I‘m yet to be convinced that Elanga has what it takes In terms of quality with the ball It’s a big season for him as he will get plenty of playing time.

Best we’ve played away from home in a long time but struggling to create anything their back 4 are all rapid going to take a bit more craft to beat them.

A pretty even half in the end.

Rashford just isn’t a centre forward he can’t play back to goal and Ronaldo isn’t much better.

You wonder if Elanga might get hooked at half time for Ronaldo.

The grass coloured kit sure doesn’t make this any easier to watch, but the only positive from that half was the fact we didn’t concede. Not sure what we were doing tactically, but less of that and more of something else second half. And, switch the kit, Fergie style.

The grass coloured kit sure doesn’t make this any easier to watch, but the only positive from that half was the fact we didn’t concede. Not sure what we were doing tactically, but less of that and more of something else second half. And, switch the kit, Fergie style.

They’re forcing us to go long and we don’t really have anyone to win the ball when it goes forward their centre backs will win every 50/50 against Rashford.

Not much on the bench to really call on to change it.

You expect we will see Casemiro and Ronaldo on fairly soon if we don’t improve.

1-0 BRUNO

Bern a typical Bruno game lots of frustrating moments then makes something like that look so easy.

Lovely cut back from Dalot

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back