Premier League 2022/23: Man Utd vs Southampton - Sun 12th Mar 2pm KO

Yes, running at full speed. If he didn't go down he would have ran into central Manchester.
Had it been a goalscoring opportunity it may have been worthy of more scrutiny. We cannot be complaining about the standard of refereeing whilst as fans shouting the odds about calls such as this.
It would have been an outrage had a penalty been given there.

A foul is a foul be it a goal scoring opportunity or not and when it happens in the box it’s a penalty.

If he hadn’t been clipped he keeps that ball in and who knows what happens.

The point is VAR has decided to be forensic and change a yellow to a red so how is it not drawing the ref over to say the keeper has tripped Rashford intent or not.

I have only seen replays I didn’t see it in real time did our players make a big deal about it?

A foul is a foul be it a goal scoring opportunity or not and when it happens in the box it’s a penalty.

The point is VAR has decided to be forensic and change a yellow to a red so how is it not drawing the ref over to say the keeper has tripped Rashford intent or not.

I have only seen replays I didn’t see it in real time did our players make a big deal about it?
Yes, several of them ran towards the ref to ask for the penalty.

Of course they made a big deal of it, Rashford was claiming it straight away (as any striker would) nowadays. And that would be the basis for the rest of them, not because they saw a foul. It was VAR checked and that was that. Move on.
From seeing it live and replays I was unable to say it was a penalty.

Of course they made a big deal of it, Rashford was claiming it straight away (as any striker would) nowadays. And that would be the basis for the rest of them, not because they saw a foul. It was VAR checked and that was that. Move on.
From seeing it live and replays I was unable to say it was a penalty.

Why wouldn’t he claim it? I suspect any player in the last 50 years who’s been clipped by the keeper is going to claim a penalty.

The replay I’ve seen on twitter shows you 100% the keepers knee clips his foot, maybe like the palace game VAR did not have that camera angle.

I assume the ref wasn’t sent to the monitor?

Why wouldn’t he claim it? I suspect any player in the last 50 years who’s been clipped by the keeper is going to claim a penalty.

The replay I’ve seen on twitter shows you 100% the keepers knee clips his foot, maybe like the palace game VAR did not have that camera angle.

I assume the ref wasn’t sent to the monitor?
Correct, the ref wasnt sent to the monitor. The commentary told us the check was complete. I think that would have been a soft penalty and would have been feckin livid if it was given against us.

Injuries and suspensions mounting up a little. With a squad already stretched a little thin, we can’t even afford to have a couple of players out.

Need to get the over the line against Betis and beat Fulham - then we have the International break.

If you are running full speed and someone clips your back leg it is impossible to stay on your feet.

The keeper has missed the ball and tripped the opponent he might not have meant it but that is a foul, it didn’t look to me like Rashford left the trailing leg either.
It doesn't take much to disrupt your centre of gravity when you're running at pace, but the bar needs to be higher than that. Football is still, allegedly, a contact sport.

Injuries and suspensions mounting up a little. With a squad already stretched a little thin, we can’t even afford to have a couple of players out.

Need to get the over the line against Betis and beat Fulham - then we have the International break.
Yup. It'd be a perfect time for Sancho or that French lad who apparently wears our #9 shirt to step up and carry the load for the next few matches.

This is the problem. Fighting on 4 fronts has been taking its toll in recent times and we need to have understanding of that. We as fans need not be losing the head and becoming overly critical. Or indeed putting a petted lip on when a call doesn't go our way.
We will finish top 4 and with at least 1 trophy and we should be very happy with that.

I didn't think the keeper touched him. Rashford trips himself. Was never a penalty. We should have had 1 of the three though. The handball.

we seem to be running out of steam. Just need to hang in for top 4 and get some new players in. Too many games for the quality of this squad.

I didn't think the keeper touched him. Rashford trips himself. Was never a penalty. We should have had 1 of the three though. The handball.

I dunno you can tell by his reaction he was clipped when players dive they don't go nuts like that and there's 1 angle that clearly shows his foot move as he passes the keepers knee.

He's either a world class cheat or he got clipped and VAR didn't spot it.

For those who watched the 90 minutes yesterday what did people make of Kyle Walker-Peters?

I’ve watched him a few times this season and been quietly impressed

For those who watched the 90 minutes yesterday what did people make of Kyle Walker-Peters?

I’ve watched him a few times this season and been quietly impressed
I can only presume your question is directed to those in Adu Bhia

I don't think you can judge him on that game as they played against 10 men for the majority of the game, and there was a lot of space for him to exploit.

I don't think you can judge him on that game as they played against 10 men for the majority of the game, and there was a lot of space for him to exploit.

I can’t judge him as I didn’t see the game.

Was asking others who did watch how he got on.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back