Premier League 2022/23: Man Utd vs Liverpool - Mon 22nd Aug - 20:00 KO

Rashford should be looking at TAA and thinking there is goals to be had but he also needs to make sure he stops TAA from getting easy crosses in.

Not sure if it’s by design and instruction from ETH but those two wide players need to start helping out their full backs defensively.

Liverpool have a few more out than I realised think they've said Firmino and Keita are fit to play but they are without Matip, Konate, Thiago, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Jota and Darwin.

If Utd can make a decent strart and rattle them we could get something here.

I have no positive expectations for tonight’s game and fully expect a loss. However, even if we do lose I hope we see some sort of fighting mentality.

Somewhere deep in my brain I can envisage a win but seems unlikely. However, all we can do is pray!

Rumours circulating that Maguire isn't going to start tonight not sure if that's due to injury or tactical but guess that means it's Varane with Martinez at centre back.

That's a big move, to leave your captain out of the biggest game of the season.

The way it's leaked out suggests it isn't injury related but I guess we'll find out soon.

Are Dean Henderson and Jesse Lingard doing the leaking from Nottingham, or is Paul Pogba the culprit from whichever Oil rich State he's doing his latest round of rehab from??

I was thinking that, if he is dropped, that leak they thought they'd got rid of is still there

Going for a 3-1 win, Liverpool to score first early on against the run of play from a Firmino grasscutter than goes in over DeGea's head, then a worldie from Ronaldo from fully 37 yards on the stroke of HT to get United back in the game, an impudent chip by Eriksen just after HT to put United in front, and then United hang on for dear life until Martinez leaping like a Salmon above Virgin vD powers in a header at the far post, the remaining 13.000 United fans in the stadium think oh shit guess we'd better celebrate ....

Rumours Ronaldo will be dropped as well.

Can understand the Maguire one to be honest - he hasn’t been awful in the opening two games but mobility against the Liverpool attacking players is crucial. Varane adds a little more to our back line for me.

Martial back for Ronaldo I guess. Massive night for him if true - this is his chance to get his career back on track.

My prediction is match postponed :p

I can see Martial in for Ronaldo. Try and get that pre season feel back

Well if Cpt. Sensible and Ronaldo are being dropped i'm guessing it's Tom Heaton in nets.

I think if he could he'd drop the lot of them but what can we really do he's got to pick XI players.

Maguire I can see the thinking Liverpool have speed in behind and 4 players who I think can hit direct ball over us from deep in the pitch in Allison, Robertson, VVD and TAA. If we're going to try and push up then Maguire would be a sitting duck especially considering how dozy our full backs are and the fact Dave probably would leave his line if his goal was on fire.

Martial from the start I think makes sense give him an hour probably have to accept we won't see much of the ball and try to hit them on the break you can't play that way with Ronaldo. Give Ronaldo the last 30 minutes when they're a bit tired to see if he can conjure up some magic.

Free bet builders for tonight's game on Paddy, 365, Will Hill and SkyBet.

Erikson out of position again! And Rashford through the middle..

Guess Martial isn’t quite for enough to start but we wanted to drop Ronaldo regardless. Big night for Elanga.

Can understand McTominay over Fred because of the lack of height in the side. Don’t like it but can understand it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not a good sign for Maguire.

I think first 10 mins we'll know how it's going to go

Mctominay might have height but come on there has to be more....how tall is casemeiro?...will he be replaced when height is required....so sad

Big decisions from the manager can only think Martial isn’t fit enough to start.

McTominay or Fred is a coin toss both have been crap and neither can do the job he wants can only guess he’s gone for the extra height on set pieces.

Malacia chucked in at the deep end Liverpool at Old Trafford against arguably the best wide forward in world football let’s see what you’ve got.

Ffs, Murphy on talk sport Commentry. Already slagging off United and their ground. Can't get away from this pr!ck
I hope he has to eat his words.
Now he's banging on about playing home games at Wembley because that's where all their fans are. That was after, if they carry on like this they can share with Salford.
I can't bear him. Hope he's not doing the match

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back