Premier League 2022/23: Man Utd vs Liverpool - Mon 22nd Aug - 20:00 KO

SuperRash

Get Liverpool players in your FF teams people!

Sums up my thoughts on how this game will go.

We may drop some players but it’s replacing one clown with another at the moment.

Mr C

Good Ronaldo needs dropping, he's jut not intersted in the presss

IDFD

The only plus side is that Liverpool didn't look great against Fulham.

Time to stop the Eriksen in anywhere but CAM experiments.

De Gea

Dalot Maguire Varane Shaw

Fred Donny

Sancho Bruno Rashford

Ronaldo

It's depressing but do we really have any other options. I wouldn't throw Malacia in against Salah for his full debut for us.

Mr C

DDG

AWB Maguire Varane Malacia

Martinez Donny

Sancho Eriksen Rashford

Martial

I'd change whatever I could

Justin Cider

Heaton
AWB Maguire Lisandro Malacia
McTom
Eriksen vd Beek
Amad Ronaldo Garnacho

No mercy lads. Give 'em hell.

jsp

DDG

Dalot Varane Maguire Malacia

Bruno Martínez Fred

Sancho Martial Rashford

He’s got to give us more height especially for the set pieces so I think he needs to bring Varane back in.

Midfield is still a bomb site no matter what line up you go for I think he will use Fred to try to disrupt the Salah/Henderson/TAA triangle on the right side of the pitch.

Whatever happens they have to be awake from the 1st minute as they will come flying at us looking for early goals.

Justin Cider

When we beat Liverpool a week today we'll be a point ahead of them, so are Liverpool a club in crisis?

IDFD

We win next week. Liverpool don't look a scary proposition and everyone will be well up for it.

IDFD

Apart from the players, and the fans organising a walk out

ETH gets 8 days with the players to get them sorted. We are a better side the Fulham and Palace. I think we come alive. Ronaldo hatrick.

He'll obviously drop Martinez and Eriksen and not handicap us.

RVN

ETH gets 8 days with the players to get them sorted. We are a better side the Fulham and Palace. I think we come alive. Ronaldo hatrick.

No need to drop Martinez now as Nunez is banned ;)

Mr C

I'm sorry IDFD, you're normally a quality poster.

But have you seen us? We're bottom. We are not better than palace or Fulham, we are terrible.

Also he's got 8 days! He's had 3 months. Don't think 8 days is going to change much. First half, Palace rode their luck, didn't see 2nd

Liverpool will hammer us.

SuperRash

Deep down in my mind, I do think this could be the start of the revival. A win against our closest rivals to get us going. Got to keep believing I guess!

IDFD

I'm sorry IDFD, you're normally a quality poster.

But have you seen us? We're bottom. We are not better than palace or Fulham, we are terrible.

Also he's got 8 days! He's had 3 months. Don't think 8 days is going to change much. First half, Palace rode their luck, didn't see 2nd

Liverpool will hammer us.

We have been dreadful. But surely if there's a game that we can come alive it's going to be a game against our biggest rivals. One of the old saying in football is form goes out the window in Derbys.

Even when we were at our best and Liverpool struggling we always had a difficult game against them. Do I genuinely expect us to win? No, do I think we'll turn up and perform much better than we have? 100% this isn't going to continue.

He's not had 3 months. The players were on their holidays. We will improve under ETH. It's been a rocky start but we aren't the 20th best side in the league and we are better than the two teams Liverpool have failed to beat so far.

Mr C

This team looks terrified, even on a good day I think they would struggle with this fixture. On a day the fans are planning a protest, blocking coaches etc. I think they will crumble.
There is no team spirit, no leader, I just see division and fear

RichH2016

Are united a better side than Fulham and Palace though? I mean on paper sure maybe they are but I keep hearing United are a talented side and yet most weeks they show they are not.

IDFD

This team looks terrified, even on a good day I think they would struggle with this fixture. On a day the fans are planning a protest, blocking coaches etc. I think they will crumble.
There is no team spirit, no leader, I just see division and fear

The pressure is off for this week though. They are expected to get hammered so they can go in to a game without as much fear.

I don't think the players will give a damn about a fan walk out.

There are a few leaders out there and it's time they step up. Maguire, Bruno, Ronaldo need to make themselves shown.

Liverpool's midfield was Fabinho, Harvey Elliott and Milner yesterday. That's a CM we can get amongst and not one of the stronger midfields we'll play. Nat Phillips started and Robinson went off. Not sure if he was injured. Nunez is suspended and Jota/Firminho injured. They aren't in the greatest of shapes either and are there to be got at if we can can come just turn up.

IDFD

Are united a better side than Fulham and Palace though? I mean on paper sure maybe they are but I keep hearing United are a talented side and yet most weeks they show they are not.

Oh come on we are clearly a better side than Fulham and Palace. Do you genuinely think come the end of the season we'll finish lower than them?

Mr C

There are a few leaders out there and it's time they step up. Maguire, Bruno, Ronaldo need to make themselves shown.
bbc Radio 5 news just saying ETH is desperate to get Ronaldo out. Is basically the fulcrum of the problems and until he goes they can't fix it.

RichH2016

Oh come on we are clearly a better side than Fulham and Palace. Do you genuinely think come the end of the season we'll finish lower than them?
Fulham no I don't think so. Palace? With these players I could believe it.

jsp

Could be catching them at a good time with their injuries and now Nunez suspension but if we try to play out from the back vs this lot we are toast. This lot are probably the best pressing side in Europe we will have to be a bit more direct.

My big worry is our dopey full backs they’ll get caught napping multiple times in the game and the Liverpool wide players are ruthless. i just can’t see us being able to weather the storm at the point in the game where Liverpool get on top.

Mr C

They wil have a sustained period of pressure, and I just don't trust this side not to buckle.

SuperRash

I cannot say for sure we will finish above anyone at the moment. Sure on paper we are better than a lot of the teams in the league but we sure as hell don’t show it week in week out.

We’ve been to Watford, Brighton and Brentford in the last 12 months and been spanked for four. And in truth could of been a few more in each of those games.

We used to rely on brilliance to win games under Ole. But Bruno’s influence has waned somewhat, Martial and Rashford have been off the boil for a while and Greenwood is gone. We need to play as a team but I don’t see that at the moment.

IDFD

I cannot say for sure we will finish above anyone at the moment. Sure on paper we are better than a lot of the teams in the league but we sure as hell don’t show it week in week out.

We’ve been to Watford, Brighton and Brentford in the last 12 months and been spanked for four. And in truth could of been a few more in each of those games.

We used to rely on brilliance to win games under Ole. But Bruno’s influence has waned somewhat, Martial and Rashford have been off the boil for a while and Greenwood is gone. We need to play as a team but I don’t see that at the moment.

I would happily have all of the personal belongings on us finishing above Fulham. This is what I mean by an over reaction to two games. Yes we've been woeful. But surely everyone was aware it wasn't going to change over night. I warned people this 9 months ago. Removing Ole and making a massive change was going to take time and when you want to make these changes its going to involve a lot of patience.

The club have made the right decision to go for a forward thinking manager like ETH. There a massive changed upstairs going on. This is going to come good. I have little worry that we won't start making forward steps.

Maybe we need to take a step back and become a counter attacking team for a while whilst he implements these changes in training. Remember Liverpool fans wanted Klopp sacked in his first season whilst he was making the changes there.

jsp

How we miss Greenwood, what a complete tool that boy is.

Yep and first season Cavani a proper centre forward who throws his weight around and leaves everything on the pitch.

Neither have been replaced this summer.

SuperRash

I would happily have all of the personal belongings on us finishing above Fulham. This is what I mean by an over reaction to two games. Yes we've been woeful. But surely everyone was aware it wasn't going to change over night. I warned people this 9 months ago. Removing Ole and making a massive change was going to take time and when you want to make these changes its going to involve a lot of patience.

The club have made the right decision to go for a forward thinking manager like ETH. There a massive changed upstairs going on. This is going to come good. I have little worry that we won't start making forward steps.

Maybe we need to take a step back and become a counter attacking team for a while whilst he implements these changes in training. Remember Liverpool fans wanted Klopp sacked in his first season whilst he was making the changes there.
I don’t for one minute think we will finish below Fulham but I guess peoples and my own are reactions to the first two games and the last few years in general.

We will turn it around no doubt because I think ETH will implement his ideas and eventually we will start reaping the benefits. But it could be a rough season in the league - top four may be out of our reach while we rebuild. Hopefully we have some joy in the cups because a trophy is well needed.

Got to keep the faith in ETH because while he isn’t going to magically make these group of players into title winners - he can get us on the right track and then slowly integrate new signings and also youth. We will get back to the good ole days - we are just in a poor cycle that all successful teams go through.

Mr C

There is no chance of top 4, never was. Think my prediction was we will just miss out on Europe. And I'll stick with that.

Why are we taking so long to sign players, this is a joke now.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now