Premier League 2022/23: Man Utd vs Crystal Palace ~ Sat 4th Feb 3pm KO

I’ve only seen a still image once VAR see that you are done, he walks a thin line Casemiro and normally stays just the right side of it.

Phew!

Casemiro was stupid for doing that, you can’t put your hands around someone’s neck! Going to be a blow for the next three games but I guess we should have enough against Leeds x2 and Leicester without him.

Good job we bought in Sabitzer!

Stupid to put your hands near a players head, but considering the shocking tackles that haven’t been given as reds, that’s soft as actual f%#* He was holding the collar of his shirt. No punch or aggression or violent conduct.

Again, no consistency from VAR or the interpretation of the rules and another decision that goes against us since the Bruno goal was correctly given. I tell you again, we are getting screwed by every VAR decision for the rest of the season.

The sending off is very soft but just about correct by the letter of the law. Casemiro could have held Hughes back by placing his hands on the chest which then does not give the referee and VAR a decision to make.

Yes, you don't want to give these morons a decision to make, but VAR gets involved when a player holds the collar of another player's shirt, but not when a player goes two footed and ends another player's season? It's like they went looking for something out of nothing today, but chose to ignore the blatantly obvious on other days.

I've only seen one replay but I don't even think Palace were asking for a card, that's how ridiculous it was. EtH will no doubt let the players know what he thought of them losing their composure at a time when the game was so comfortable.

We won while Arsenal lost, Liverpool got bashed by Wolves, Chelsea stunk out the joint yesterday, City and or Spurs will drop points tomorrow, and Casemiro will only miss matches against two sides in the bottom half, but I'm still seriously hacked off. Maybe it's because we had to hold on against a side we completely dominated for the entire first half, maybe it's because we got screwed on the red card, not sure. Am I the only one?

We won while Arsenal lost, Liverpool got bashed by Wolves, Chelsea stunk out the joint yesterday, City and or Spurs will drop points tomorrow, and Casemiro will only miss matches against two sides in the bottom half, but I'm still seriously hacked off. Maybe it's because we had to hold on against a side we completely dominated for the entire first half, maybe it's because we got screwed on the red card, not sure. Am I the only one?
No, I do feel we have been regularly on the wrong side of VAR for the last few games. F*ck them all, us against the world, like the good old days.

It’s the having to hold on and potentially dropping points in a game we were so in control of.
Had the red card incident been in reverse we would have been screaming for it. The larger slice of blame lies with Casimero, I don’t think we should spend too much time sulking on it.
Just be greatful for the 3 points.

I'm chuffed, if we drop points without Casimiro then that's different. But we won't.

We shouldn't lose our heads like that, good lesson to learn

No, I do feel we have been regularly on the wrong side of VAR for the last few games. F*ck them all, us against the world, like the good old days.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

100%. Just as bad if not worse and nothing given. If the law was applied consistently and fairly then fine, but it’s arbitrary.

Us against the world lads. Time to band together and fight through it.

Martinez and Fred immense, Rashford and Bruno hot and cold, the rest, well ....

And Casemiro deserved the red.

Forgotten in the nerves towards the end of the game but what a stunning footballing goal Rashford's was, and we've scored a few of them recently, long may it continue ....

Think the Casemiro card might be overturned on appeal, or should be, Match of the Day has just shown an camera angle that shows Casemiro definitely grabbed Hughes by the collar and not around the throat, why the Referee wasn't shown that angle is anybodies guess.

And Casemiro deserved the red.

Think the Casemiro card might be overturned on appeal, or should be, Match of the Day has just shown an camera angle that shows Casemiro definitely grabbed Hughes by the collar and not around the throat, why the Referee wasn't shown that angle is anybodies guess.
1 hour and 10 min. Might be a new record.

1 hour and 10 min. Might be a new record.

Easily explained, watched the United match in full on Sky(20:30-22:30) and was convinced with the angles shown that Casemiro deserved the red, and after catching up with my alerts posted so on this here forum, meanwhile Match of the Day was recording in the background(ain't technology brilliant!?)and after watching it(M.o.t.D)changed my mind after the angle showed Casemiro wasn't actually trying to strangle Hughes but he was in fact pointing out to Hughes that his collar was bloody filthy and suggested a washing powder for him to use after the game, and it wasn't Daz!

and after watching it(M.o.t.D)changed my mind after the angle showed Casemiro wasn't actually trying to strangle Hughes but he was in fact pointing out to Hughes that his collar was bloody filthy and suggested a washing powder for him to use after the game, and it wasn't Daz!
Yep, I also changed my mind after seeing the different angle on MOTD. It was feckin biological - sorry it was diabolical.
So, is there scope for the card getting overturned when it all comes out in the wash?
If the ref had an Ariel view he would never have given that card!

Yep, I also changed my mind after seeing the different angle on MOTD. It was feckin biological - sorry it was diabolical.
So, is there scope for the card getting overturned when it all comes out in the wash?
If the ref had an Ariel view he would never have given that card!

When I first saw the Red card I thought it surf him right, but now with the new images I think if United are bold with the appeal the Red card will simply vanish.

It was a soft red card but I can’t see it being overturned. And if they add a game on for a frivolous appeal he would miss the cup final I think.

The other angle makes it look less of a red but you won’t win an appeal as within the rules the ref can give a red card for that.

VAR don’t have every camera angle available to them to check which is likely why the MOTD angle wasn’t shown to the ref by the VAR.

Where I struggle on this one is why wasn’t Ayew also pulled by VAR and reviewed.

I think on the pitch dishing out a couple of yellow cards to each team sorts it all out.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back