Premier League 2022/23: Man Utd vs Brighton - Sun 7th Aug 14:00 KO

Sancho is best in the right. Why move him???

Think the two wide players would likely swap in game and in a Utd shirt Sancho has been at his best from the left not sure which side he's been used from in pre season. He's good enough to play either side so I'd probably start Elanga on which ever side he feels more comfortable on.

Could also see Utd play a false 9 with Bruno as the 9 with Sancho/Rashford either side of him and get either Eriksen or Donny as the extra man in midfield to really try and dominate the ball.

Could be a smart move if Brighton as still playing the back 3 having a main centre forward is going to be tough as he'll just be marked out the game.

On hearing the Martial news I ran(well quick walk) to the Bookies and put £1000 on Ronaldo to score a hat-trick v BHA, the Bookie laughed, he won't be laughing come teatime on Sunday.

On hearing the Martial news I ran(well quick walk) to the Bookies and put £1000 on Ronaldo to score a hat-trick v BHA, the Bookie laughed, he won't be laughing come teatime on Sunday.

Next time donate it to a food bank as you'll never see that money again.

We're already 3 points behind Arsenal in our fight for T4, it's just not good enough.

#EtHOUT
#ArnoldOUT
#MurtoughOUT

It’s a disgrace how we can already be three points behind Arsenal already. An absolute disgrace.

We have wasted our time on chasing FDJ and for what? Absolutely nothing!

Looking forward to the game, I can see Ronaldo saving us once again. Not sure why we haven’t got another striker in, I mean, it’s not like 2 is enough if one is 37, wanting to leave and the other is injury prone.
Expect Malacia to start, no Martinez or Eriksen. Am a big fan of SMT, so don’t expect me to want to want him of the team, he should always play. Expect quite the same team as last year really.
And a 3-1 win, Roanldo twice.

Think the two wide players would likely swap in game and in a Utd shirt Sancho has been at his best from the left not sure which side he's been used from in pre season. He's good enough to play either side so I'd probably start Elanga on which ever side he feels more comfortable on.

Could also see Utd play a false 9 with Bruno as the 9 with Sancho/Rashford either side of him and get either Eriksen or Donny as the extra man in midfield to really try and dominate the ball.

Could be a smart move if Brighton as still playing the back 3 having a main centre forward is going to be tough as he'll just be marked out the game.
Quick question....why would you start Elanga? I want to believe the hype but can u show any evidence of his ability? He gota few chances last season and to my eyes was largely ineffective....i would start Garnacho before him any day...happy to be convinced otherwise

Quick question....why would you start Elanga? I want to believe the hype but can u show any evidence of his ability? He gota few chances last season and to my eyes was largely ineffective....i would start Garnacho before him any day...happy to be convinced otherwise

He was visibly affected by the criticism towards the end of last season but let's give him a run in a settled position before we decide if he is, or isn't good enough. No patience some fans.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Shouldn't be a surprise but we are already a full point behind last season Quadruplers, it's gonna be a long long season ....

Thank God for those corrupt feckers from FIFA who thought it was a good idea to stick a World Cup a 3rd of the way into the European Club season which should at least give us a break from the forthcoming misery, however briefly.

He was visibly affected by the criticism towards the end of last season but let's give him a run in a settled position before we decide if he is, or isn't good enough. No patience some fans.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

By all means but he not a nailed on starter surely.....

Todays the day.

I think he'll go with Ronaldo. He's had a full week in training with him to get him up to speed.

De Gea

Dalot Maguire Martinez Shaw

Fred Donny

Sancho Bruno Rashford

Ronaldo

Don't think he's got any choice but to go with Ronaldo I'm hoping Malacia starts tbh...exciting tho...hope I still am at 4pm

Game Day then. Week one. Clean slate (kind of).

It would be good to see all 3 of the new guys start. I'm not sure they will but it would be good to see if. Martinez certainly should start so he can start forming a partnership with Maguire. It would be good for Malacia to start too. A settled back 4 is always key and I think it makes more sense for him to start gaining that experience than playing Shaw.

I think he'll start Rashford up top with Sancho Bruno and erikson

I think he'll start Rashford up top with Sancho Bruno and erikson
I think he should do that. I'm not big on Rashford up front but I think they need a mobile front 3 and they need to press. Plus ETH needs to stamp his authority and I think starting Ronaldo undermines that a little.

Garnacho hasn’t featured much in pre season probably try to use him as an impact sub later in the game when Brighton start to get tired. If he can step up to this level he will likely move ahead of Elanga in the pecking order.

I like you have yet to really see what Elanga will offer so far to me he looks like a Dan James level player plenty of effort guaranteed but not sure there’s the quality to go with it.

Ronaldo starts on the bench.

Eriksen from the right. That was my thoughts. Seen some with Bruno up top and others with Bruno from the left.

I reckon it’ll be Bruno up top and Eriksen being a 3rd midfielder.

The back-four are being drilled on stepping up/dropping back together, poor Luke Shaw looks knackered already!

Back four making mistakes on the ball midfield aren’t giving them options allowing Brighton to press them in numbers.

0-1 Gross

Been coming.

Very easy to get through us and we’ve got nothing going forward.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back