Premier League 2022/23: Man Utd vs Brighton - Sun 7th Aug 14:00 KO

SuperRash

I know there is still some pre-season games to come but the real thing starts next weekend, so we can get some discussion in nice and early!

I would probably have a guess that only Martinez out of the three signings may start this one. I think Malacia and Eriksen may well start on the bench.

I guess McFred may well start this one with FDJ not imminent! Although VDB may get a look in or Eriksen could play a little deeper but if I was to put money I would say McFred.

You would presume no Ronaldo and he can do one anyway - don’t want to say him in a United shirt again.

De Gea

Dalot - Maguire - Martinez - Shaw

McTominay - Fred

Sancho - Bruno - Rashford

Martial​

Brighton gave us a right royal pasting at the back end of last season, so will be good to get a little bit of revenge.

I know there is still some pre-season games to come but the real thing starts next weekend, so we can get some discussion in nice and early!

You do realise you're still on S.E.A don't you, and nobody will comment on the match till 5 minutes after it has actually started, and then only to complain about the team selected, and formation being played.

De Gea
Bailly Maguire Lisandro
Laird Bruno Fred Malacia
Pellistri Martial Sancho

5-0

Next!​

Think we can probably read from the line ups used over the weekend what the team is going to be unless there are any injuries this week in training and assuming that Sancho's illness is short lived. I assume AWB and Shaw have injuries as neither player in either of the games over the weekend.

DDG

Dalot Lindelof Maguire Malacia

Fred McTominay

Sancho Bruno Rashford

Martial

Probably to early for the other new signings to make starts so expect them to be on the bench along with Ronaldo.

For Brighton a couple of their key players are subject to transfer speculation Cucurella and Maupey are important players for them so you wonder if they'll be selected if they are both looking at moves.

Early prediction... I'll go 1-1 with Brighton scoring first, United levelling and then having the better of it and creating chances.

Difficult first game. Brigton has a good preseason and they didn't lost there keys players yet. If Sancho play, i will go for a draw or a close win but if he don't we will probably lose. Fred and McTominay must be ready for a hard time in midfield.

Difficult first game. Brigton has a good preseason and they didn't lost there keys players yet. If Sancho play, i will go for a draw or a close win but if he don't we will probably lose. Fred and McTominay must be ready for a hard time in midfield.

Arguably their best player Bissouma has one to Spurs, Cucurella seems to be linked with a move away as is Maupey so they might be a bit out of shape. They also lost Burn half way through last season to Newcastle.

They are a good side though on their day they're a handful for anyone they're well organised and they go hard from the first minute but these are exactly the kind of games Utd can't afford to slip up in anymore.

There will be more fan protests before the game a group going by the name the 1958 are organising a march to the game against the owners.

These are the same people that arranged protests towards the end of last season and also met Richard Arnold over the summer.

I'd be shocked if we beat them 4-0. They're one of the better away teams in the league. (They finished 5th in the away standings last season).

2-1 United with us getting a late winner. Ronaldo to the rescue and all is forgiven.

Yeah Utd's success is really condensed into the long reign of two iconic managers Busby and Ferguson.

Very odd that the two most dominant sides in terms of title wins have had these incredibly long periods between league titles Utd was 26 years and Liverpool 30 years.

The only seasons I can think of where we were both fighting it out at the top were 2008-09 when Liverpool were our main challenger and in terms of meeting in a european final it almost happened in 2007 when Liverpool reached the final but we lost in the semi to Milan.

They mentioned one more we could have drawn with then in the CL, I think Chelsea may have drawn them in the semi or something.

But considering how massive the rivalry is, they don't really compete against each other, and they go on to discuss what other factors go into the rivalry. Aparantly, YNWA was sung by united fans at OT before Liverpool and Anfield.

To be fair, if we won the treble you would say that - although you would probably be back to being a fan then. ;)
If they won the treble I'm pretty sure they'd be proving me wrong. And if they do that then I'll put my hands up and admit I was wrong. For the past several years though they just continue to prove me right.

They mentioned one more we could have drawn with then in the CL, I think Chelsea may have drawn them in the semi or something.

But considering how massive the rivalry is, they don't really compete against each other, and they go on to discuss what other factors go into the rivalry. Aparantly, YNWA was sung by united fans at OT before Liverpool and Anfield.

Yeah 2008 I think Chelsea beat them in the semi final.

FA Cup final in 1996 and a league cup final in the early 00's are the only domestic finals I can think of between us in the Fergie era.

There were rumours it was sung at old trafford after the munich disaster but no real record of it being a thing it never really caught on with Utd fans.

From memory the story with Liverpool was before the game the PA system at Anfield just used to play the top 10 from the previous week in the build up to kick off. That song was number 1 for ages so would always be the last song on before the teams came out so Liverpool fans just adopted it and it went on from there.

It's a petty thing but us not beating West Ham on the last day in 1995 annoys me because if we'd won that game then Liverpool would have handed us the title and in terms of petty point scoring that one would have been massive.

There will be more fan protests before the game a group going by the name the 1958 are organising a march to the game against the owners.

These are the same people that arranged protests towards the end of last season and also met Richard Arnold over the summer.

Oh joy, another attention seeking mob of entitled *ricks with the collective IQ of an out of date yogurt.

Kudos for coming up with a more cringe name than the Red Knights though.

Think vd Beek may have done enough against Rayo on Saturday to earn a start alongside Fred this weekend in place of McTom.

Don't organise the street parties just yet though as I may be wrong.

If Ronaldo isn't fit to play I wonder if he may try Erikson on the right and Rashford up top.

I don't think Ronaldo will play from the start, I predict trying Rashford down the middle

Shame about Martial, that’s a real blow for him personally because he was looking sharp in pre-season.

My guess is Eriksen and Bruno will both play, maybe Bruno in a false 9. Even if Ronaldo wasn’t behaving like a child, I don’t think he has enough match sharpness to start this one.

Shame about Martial but just goes to show what a bad situation ETH has been handed. When it's a major blow and issue that Martial is missing that does say a lot about the United attack.

Guessing Rashford up top, Elanga right and Sancho left.

Ronaldo/Garnacho off the bench

Shame about Martial but just goes to show what a bad situation ETH has been handed. When it's a major blow and issue that Martial is missing that does say a lot about the United attack.

Martial is a back up anyway. But our main striker has been out with family issues.

So it's the second issue up front not the first.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back