Premier League 2022/23: Man Utd vs Arsenal ~ Sun 4th Sep 4.30pm KO

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Arsenal bring their 100% record to Old Trafford but they have suffered a few injuries. Partey is ruled out and it looks like Zinchenko is out with Odegaard and Ramsdale doubts for the game having picked up knocks mid week.

For Utd Martial is out everyone else is fit and ready to go.

DDG

Dalot Varane Martínez Malacia

McT Casemiro

Elanga Bruno Sancho

Rashford

I think Casemiro will start with Eriksen dropping to the bench can’t see him doing 3 games in 8 days.

I'd throw Antony in. He can't be worse than Elanga.

DDG

Dalot Varane Martinez Malacia

Fred Casemiro

Antony Bruno Sancho

Rashford

Ddg
Dalot Varane Martinez malacia
Casemiro Eriksen
Sancho bruno Antony
Ronaldo

Antony banging the balls in for Ronaldo to get his head in

I'd hate to see a midfield of Casemiro and Eriksen. Casemiro isn't going to do Eriksens running for him.

I'd hate to see a midfield of Casemiro and Eriksen. Casemiro isn't going to do Eriksens running for him.
But Eriksen will help bring that control to the midfield which I think is going to be important.

Guess it depends how fit Anthony is he hasn’t played much this season and he’s only had 1 training session with the team.

But Eriksen will help bring that control to the midfield which I think is going to be important.

Casemiro does that. When Casemiro is fit surely Fred becomes his partner and we inject some energy alongside him. I think a midfield of Casemiro and Eriksen looks very pedestrian I just worry about the lack of pace in the centre of the park if you put those two together.

I mean it worked in La Liga with Modric but does it work in the PL having two slower players together?

Plus him and Fred play together in the national team so don't need to form a partnership.

Casemiro and Fred seem the most natural pairing. McT and Erickson on the bench, ready to freshen things up.
Agree. They play well together in the national team and it would be good to see that dynamic today.

Isn't it great to be able to choose who you want in midfield now?

This is the start of the Thursday/Sunday grind that will be in place until the World Cup break in November the squad will be seriously tested now so I expect ETH will have to start making changes.

I’m in the rested to see how Arsenal approach it I can’t see them doing what Liverpool did and pushing so high and leaving the space in behind their full backs.

I assume Fred and McTom now only play when desperate or a player needs a rest. At least I hope so.

Maybe Eriksen can't play Thur/Sun but he doesn't deserve to be dropped. Our midfield has improved massively since he's been in there. And it's not even his natural position which says quite a lot about mcfreds abilities

I don't think he does. He's a DM not a ball playing kind of midfielder.

You're going to be surprised by his range of passing very quickly. It was on show against Leicester. He's not just going to hurry it on to someone he'll be calm and pick a pass. But you need a ball carrier in the centre of the pitch to bring it 25/30 yards and drive at teams. Casemiro and Eriksen can't do that.

If we go with Eriksen and Casemiro in the centre of the park we'll quickly be overrun. It's so clear to see that. I think we'll see one or the other partner one of McFred.

Just for a little bit of pace in the middle. Eriksens performances are being very much overhyped for what he's done so far too. I know it's the whole return of the dead thing but I wish he'd be judged on what he's actually done. Football isn't the place for sentiment.

Eriksen caught on the ball again. Should have us 1-0 up and instead we are losing because of him.

Bit too quick to judge

We got lucky. Eriksen was weak and slow Bournemouth said they targeted him in their press because they know he's slow on the ball. It was soft and we'd be fuming the other way around. And it's already a consistent theme with him.

I didn't see any way that got overturned it's a contact sport.

He got fouled ffs, give him a break

Still shouldn't be so damn slow. He got lucky. He was caught on the ball again.

It's not like I'm the only one who thinks it's soft and we got lucky. Neville thinks the same thing. And I'm sure the studio will too.

Come on!! Antony with a beautiful finish.

Eriksen made it with his pass, brilliance all around.

Really enjoyable half of football.

I don’t think Rashford has done to bad to be honest but he just lacks that general number 9 play that Ronaldo/Martial brings.

Antony has looked a little rushed with his passing at times but when it mattered he was ice cold.

Rashford hasn't been great but assist in back to back games should really help his confidence.

Does Ronaldo make that pass that Rashford pulls off? It was perfect.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back