Premier League 2022/23: Leeds vs Man Utd ~ Sun 12th Feb 2pm KO

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
ETH press conference doesn't expect McTominay, Anthony or Martial to be back for this game.

So hopefully that means AWB has recovered from illness.

Will he have one eye on the Barcelona game midweek? I think he's got to full strength in this game to stop the slide in the league 1 win in 4 has maybe given Spurs a hope of catching us in the top 4 race.

It sounded like the midfield was a disaster on Wednesday night but I don't really see how he does anything different at the weekend with the injuries/suspensions. Hopefully Fred/Sabitzer have worked on some bits on training to make sure they aren't both leaving the midfield wide open for Leeds to counter attack through.

DDG

AWB Varane Martinez Shaw

Sabitzer Fred

Sancho Bruno Garnacho

Rashford

Key thing here is silence the crowd if we can go there put our foot on the ball and control the first 15 minutes without given them much of a sniff it'll be massive. I suspect Bruno will sit a little deeper to start and play as the third man in midfield.

Should have enough to win it looked like Wednesday took a lot out of Leeds and they aren't used to the 2 games a week schedule.

Has to be Sancho, Rashford and Pellistri up top, the rest of the team picks itself.

Expecting an comfortable victory by two clear goals.

Expecting an comfortable victory by two clear goals.
wilkins-coffee-some-people-just-never-learn.gif

If we'd taken just a ¼ of our chances at Old Trafford the other night we'd have won 6-2, and some might have said that was a comfortable win, so if we've got our shooting boots on what's to say it won't be a another win by a comfortable margin on Sunday?

We've only scored 4 once (Villa in the League Cup), and 3 times in the league (Arsenal, City, Forest). Scoring twice was having our shooting boots on.

We shouldnt need to score more than 2 to beat Leeds.

AWB or Dalot needs to do a much better job with Gnonto in this game.

Their defence is awful we had the chances on Wednesday on Sunday we have to be more clinical.

No, we shouldn't, but expecting a comfortable victory by 2 clear goals is foolish when it isn't something this side regularly does.

Tell you what's foolish, somebody getting so bent out of shape just because somebody dare suggested a side high on confidence(and we are) would beat a side desperate for points, and whose game should play into our hands(they are/ it will) by a 2 goal margin(that's 2 not 10!), just because you don't agree, you could easily swap out foolish for childish/immature ....

It's costing me a fortune. I am always believing in the tide of change and us having a bot of a goal fest, so I bet accordingly, always betting on us scoring 5. I have lost all faith in this now so I am going to stop doing that and bet more sensibly.
Mind you, I think we will score 5 tomorrow!

Tell you what's foolish, somebody getting so bent out of shape just because somebody dare suggested a side high on confidence(and we are) would beat a side desperate for points, and whose game should play into our hands(they are/ it will) by a 2 goal margin(that's 2 not 10!), just because you don't agree, you could easily swap out foolish for childish/immature ....
Sorry, I had to read that 3 times just to try and understand what you're on about, and I haven't even had any wine yet. Pretty sure you're the one getting their proverbial in a twist, but whatever. Why can't a side high on confidence beat a side desperate for points? Gee, I don't know, because Wednesday, when said side high on confidence didn't beat the same side desperate for points by any number of goals. At home. Foolish and childish/immature are two very different things.

I was wishing to create a thread but cant work out how to do it. Anyone any ideas?
If you click on the forums tab on the top left of the header, it'll take you to the main page. There should be a black post thread button on the top right side of the page.

Sorry, I had to read that 3 times just to try and understand what you're on about, and I haven't even had any wine yet. Pretty sure you're the one getting their proverbial in a twist, but whatever. Why can't a side high on confidence beat a side desperate for points? Gee, I don't know, because Wednesday, when said side high on confidence didn't beat the same side desperate for points by any number of goals. At home. Foolish and childish/immature are two very different things.

Wow, that must have been tough, admitting on an open forum that you are slow on the uptake. Well done, that took real courage.

Yeah because every match is the same innit? Do you really think if we replayed that match, with the same amount of possession and chances we wouldn't win comfortably? And maybe by two whole goals as well.

Reading comprehension fail again, though you are more likely to do something foolish if you are childish/immature, I did say swap out, as in change for a better word(s)

Is this the new you, are you gonna pounce on anybody on the forum that dare suggests United win a match comfortably by a massive margin like 2-0/3-0 with a childish, not foolish gif??

ps. I go full Commando, not a twisted knicker in sight.

It's that time again, when the experienced South Yorkshire copper wakes up and wishes the Miners strike will still on, anything but bloody Leeds United v Manchester United ....

I have to say I do find the use of such gif’s rather childlike and pointless.
But admittedly I do like the use of expressive emojis

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My guess is this is Weghorst's last chance as a starter. If he doesnt do something noteworthy he will be relegated to the subs bench

And I do think we best have our shooting boots on as that defence of ours looks a bit suspect. I have to presume Malacia is playing left wing back

Wow, that must have been tough, admitting on an open forum that you are slow on the uptake. Well done, that took real courage.

Yeah because every match is the same innit? Do you really think if we replayed that match, with the same amount of possession and chances we wouldn't win comfortably? And maybe by two whole goals as well.

Reading comprehension fail again, though you are more likely to do something foolish if you are childish/immature, I did say swap out, as in change for a better word(s)

Is this the new you, are you gonna pounce on anybody on the forum that dare suggests United win a match comfortably by a massive margin like 2-0/3-0 with a childish, not foolish gif??

ps. I go full Commando, not a twisted knicker in sight.
banging-head-bang.gif

Rotating with one eye on Barcelona.

Leeds are quick out of the blocks as we’d expect.

Yeah he’s banned for the first leg.

Varane I’m guessing was rested

Strange then, unless he wants to gives minutes so they're not rusty

The players seem more intent on fighting each other rather than producing quality.

We should have scored through Bruno.

Guess he wanted to give Malacia and Shaw time in the positions they start on Thursday.

Probably went for Maguire over Lindelof due to the physical battle with Bamford but Maguire has been poor.

We have been very poor going forward created nothing going forward and making so many casual errors playing from the back.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back