Premier League 2022/23: Fulham vs Man Utd ~ Sun 13th November 4.30 PM KO

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Utd's last league game before Christmas which is an odd thing to think as the clocks only went back 2 weeks ago but this season is another season like no other season I guess thanks to the world cup.

Team news didn't seem like any new injuries were picked up last night but we will be without Dalot who is suspended having picked up his 5th yellow card of the season at Villa. So he joins Varane, Anthony and Sancho and lets be honest it's anyone's guess over where AWB currently is.

For Fulham there's quite a lot of doubt over the fitness of Mitrovic who missed their last game with an ankle injury and with the world cup around the corner the expectation is he won't play. Last time out Fulham almost held on against 10 man City before a pretty soft penalty in the 95th minute finally put them away.

They've improved a lot since they were last in the top flight and currently sit in 9th only a few points behind us. They look to be much more solid defensively than before but they do rely on Mitrovic for the goals so he'd be a big miss if he's not fit.

For Utd a win is essential really just to keep pace with the current top 4 and end this part of the season on a high another defeat would be brutal especially with 6 weeks before the next match to mull over it. If any of those teams in the top 4 sports drop points this weekend we have to be in a position to punish them.

DDG

Malacia Maguire Martinez Shaw

Fred Casemiro

Elanga Bruno Rashford

Martial

I'd probably go with that line up not sure we can risk Eriksen starting away from home, I think you need to start the game in a solid shape and give yourself the platform to play. Slow starts to both halves last week are what killed us don't give the opponent the opportunity to build momentum. I'd look to use Eriksen as an impact sub in the way we did last night same with Garnacho.

Right back is a tricky one with Dalot out we assume it won't be AWB to start given he's not played since god knows when so it's either Malacia or Lindelof at right back.

Right wing as usual is the graveyard shift for this squad with both Anthony and Sancho I assume still out if either is fit they should be starting but assuming both are out I'd start Elanga just for the work rate. Hope the rest of the forward players can provide the cutting edge.

Up top hopefully we won't see Ronaldo I wouldn't even have him come on off the bench if we had a deeper squad I'd leave him at home with a fake injury his mind is probably on the world cup at this point.

The cynic in me thinks he’s iving himself a few weeks off before the World Cup.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Results didn’t go for us today both Spurs and Newcastle won.

All that matters in this game in 3 points just get the points and go into the break within touching distance of the top 4.

Malacia starts at RB.

DDG

Malacia Lindelof Martinez Shaw

Casemiro Erikson

Elanga Bruno Rashford

Martial

Can’t even fill the bench got 8 subs with 2 keepers.

Those who start really need to get the job done here.

Illness was reported when he missed the Sociedad game so assume it’s the same issue.

Illness seems to be something that keeps him out of a lot of matches.

Great for Eriksen to get his first goal.

Bench is weak today so vital the starting XI put this game to bed.

That should be 2-0 big chance for Eriksen.

Right side is a problem Malacia having problems playing on the right side.

Ref needs to start showing the yellow card for the cynical fouls that stop counter attacks.

Disappointed to be only 1-0 at half time. United could have easily put the game to bed.

Strange to have Malacia at right back, it will always cause us problems but he’s a fighter at least.

Should definitely be 2-0, you would expect Eriksen to bury that chance at the end of the half. Pretty good performance overall though, Fulham are wide open and think we’ll get another couple in the second half. Think Garnacho would frighten them to death.

Don’t think we’ve played well when Lindelof has played at RB either.

They need to try and do something about that in January as surely AWB is off on loan somewhere.

We are making hard work of this, the chances we’ve had this should be over.

All came from an incorrect offside call and then Bruno keeping the ball on and not managing to get to it.

Go and win this ffs.

Malacia got caught he either needs to help Bruno or drop off he did neither.

We’ve been awful second half the quality of our passing has been a disgrace.

Everything has been long hit and hopes and we are second to nearly every ball.

Get Garnacho on for Eriksen or Bruno we need more energy

Sounded fortunate but a great finish before the WC. Nicely placed

Huge moment totally changes the mood going into a 6 week break keeps us right in the top 4 mix and important to go out on a high.

Garnacho really looks a star in the making.

It's moments like that, that change everything. Garnacho on the left and Antony on the right COULD, *could*, could just be the thing.

In general, we need to be much more clinical in front of goal. We cannot afford to miss that many chances and still pull out wins, but hopefully a striker in Jan will go along way to fixing that.

Thought we played well enough first half and should have finished the game off.

Second half, we were lucky to still be in it. As soon as the camera showed Dan James I thought he's gonna score.

I thought everyone worked hard, especially Rashford and Martial. They tired, but Erickson and Bruno fell off a cliff.

Thank goodness for Garnacho and big Dave.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back